ZinBurger Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fast pace job
Line Cook, Preparing Food (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 13, 2016
Zinburger has a fun environment and is very fast pace job. You work long periods of lunch rush. I have learned how to properly work with fryers. The management is awesome they seek to help employees everyday. My Co-workers that I work with are fun to work with very helpful and they know how to create a team work environment. The hardest Part of working at Zinburger for me is find more hours to work. The most enjoyable part if this job is working on the line as a team and getting the stress and frustration out of each other.
Pros
Free meal every day you work and 20% off
Cons
Very short breaks
very productive lots of work and fun being there
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 6, 2016
a typical work day was always busy
i learned how to prep food make sure all orders went out perfect and made sure the system was good
management was excellent
co workers were hard to deal with at times but still was fun to work with
The hardest part of the job was dealing with to many people emotions
the most enjoyable part of the job when the servers use to come to me and tell me about what the customers said about what i had done with preparing there food
Pros
bring food home, head chef was very cool and respectable
Cons
short breaks
studios job
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 20, 2016
Co-workers could've been a little bit more professional . management couldve given breaks The hardest part was dealing with unprofessional people and the most enjoyable part was eating discounted food.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
unprofessional workers
Social skills in actions
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYDecember 7, 2015
I love being social and talking to new people everyday which is basically perfect for being a hostess or server. You greet new faces and make them smile with simple gestures all the time. Start conversations as you walk them to a table and wish them a good night as you hold the door open for them when leaving. Usually the babies are the best part. Working in a restaurant means you get a lot of families and a lot of cute babies that visit. They seem to always put a smile on face at the end of the day.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
not enough hours
My 30year's best part time I ever had
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYMarch 18, 2016
Still a great place to work for enjoyment fun family friend's keeping busy how coworker's did the night talking to them when a full house is in you get slam which is good
Pros
DISCOUNTED FOOD THAT'S COOL
Cons
I'VE' DONE WITH OUT BREAK'S
busy enviroment, positive attitude.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Managers are hard workers who spend lots of hours at work and have a unique dedication. Everyone takes pride on what they do, and the culture of the company drives them to be that way. Selection of employees is critical when bringing new members. Hospitality is learned and improved every time, as well as discipline.
Pros
great benefits, great management, very good chance to move up in the field.
Cons
n/a
Misleading, rude employees, unfair management
Server (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 8, 2015
When you first go through training it lasts for a week straight, just be prepared to go into work right after training for over a week with no days off. They expect you to work double right away too. The management never worked with me, they worked against me. If I ever made a mistake, even the slightest mistake I was yelled at and never heard the end of it. I HIGHLY suggest not working here, the pay is not worth it at all. They expect way too much from you for extremely low pay. I have worked in many restaurants and every one except Zinburger has felt like a family. One last thing, everything you have to say to your tables is rehearsed, you have to give their "pitch" word for word. I had absolutely no room to be myself when talking to tables here.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, horrible management, terrible hours
Mislead, disorganized, toxic.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 6, 2015
Zinburger has server positions for hire listed on different job sites including this one, and I applied and was hired there, but they said they would have me as a hostess until I got used to the atmosphere, then they would have me as a server. I have been here for a month and they have hired two new servers when they told me and several other people that they would be servers.

When I went for the first day of orientation, they couldn't find my information to make a punch card for me. No clear communication about what tables need to be cleaned.

I witnessed disagreements between management and employees that were profane and threatening.

This was the first full restaurant experience I have ever had, so I have restaurant experience now. Coworkers are helpful and supportive. During training you get to try most of the food.
Pros
meals 50% off
Cons
see discription
i loved cooking here but management ruined it for me
Prep Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJuly 18, 2015
love their menu. loved my coworkers. management was poorly. the place has only been open for a year and the turn over rate was ridiculous. the entire management team has been replaced.
Pros
in my area of study
Cons
no free meals
Very busy and fun job.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 28, 2015
I would come in usually two hours before opening and do the prep work for what ever station that they would have me open. Then for the remainder of the time before opening I would go help prep put away the orders that we recieved that morning.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short breaks to no breaks
Fun place to work however frustrating and sometimes bad management.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 20, 2014
A typical day at work is (If you're a hostess/server) Wiping the windows, Opening doors, Seating guests. Uniforms suck. Co-workers are usually nice but some rude. Hardest part of the job is the number of hours you have to work. Sometimes you get cut hours before your shift is over and some days you feel you're never going to get out.
Pros
half off food
Cons
bad management and rude co workers
Aswesome Job to be at
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJDecember 31, 2014
I loved working there
i love there food and having to assist customers was the best part
having to work with co-workers was so cool i made alot of friends there, wish i did not have to leave. the managers were awesome.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits
enjoy having fun co workers
Bar Tender/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYNovember 13, 2014
over all its average

have fun everyday and its ok

food is great

management is nice

even though corporate should take care of employees needs as much as their clients or customer needs instead
fun worksplace, busy
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJanuary 17, 2015
wait on tables, greet customers, take orders, run food, clean tables, interact with patrons, however young employees here that are not responsible.
Pros
busy envoriment, friendly environment
Cons
short breaks, too many servers
Restaurant
Shift leader/Cook (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 2, 2012
Fun easy going staff...great workplace..great atmosphere...cooking job
Productive Yet Busy Work Environment
Chef (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 14, 2013
I would normally clock in and set up the line for daily production, and continually stock for whole days production.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZinBurger. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5