ZinBurger Employee Reviews

Little Room for Growth
Bartender/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYDecember 3, 2017
I made a lot of great connections with both employees and patrons of Zinburger. however the company as a whole is not very good. We were not well equipped to handle the volume of guests, and often guests were unsatisfied.
fox restaurants
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 10, 2017
management is weird in fox restaurants. often under qualified, and more focused on micro-managing than looking out for their employees. on the other had, fox is a great, reliable company to work for.
fun place to work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 5, 2017
helped me expand my cooking.food is good. great environment. learned new ways to cook. also trained new employees. stocked and did daily inventory. made everything fresh
Worlds worst management
Bartender/Server/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYAugust 25, 2017
The most unorganized chain of command. The managers are all over the place, rude and condescending. They will schedule you for one shift and then randomly switch you all the time. Ie. you could be scheduled to bartend and they put you to serve or food run. Probably one of the worst establishments ive ever worked for. they do not care about families crisis or emergencies and they let customers walk all over and belittle their staff.
Pros
literally nothing. they dont even feed you
Cons
everything except i met some cool people there.
fun environment
Food Server / Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 11, 2017
Working at Zin it was a fun environment to work in! the Guests that came in were always enjoyable and friendly. A lot co-workers were friends and spent time together outside of the restaurant. Working at Zin feels like being a part of a second family!
Pros
fun environment, busy
Productive could be more organized
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYJune 21, 2017
As a hostess this job helped me having better interactions with people. I deal with all sorts of people on a daily basis and learned how to communicate with each person that makes them pleased and understanding of the wait time or any issue they may have. You learn how to stay calm and how not to stress too much about tiny things at a job like this. I do enjoy the human interaction. You learn that there are more good people in the world than you think.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
understaffed at times
Very unprofessional
Server (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 4, 2017
I.worked here for about 4 months as a server. I found a better job opportunity at a different restaurant after my hours were cut because they hire new people everyday. I put my two weeks in respect fully. I go in too my shift on sunday, just too find out ive been taken off the schedule all because i told my coworkers that i got a new job. They made me come in and.embarrass myself, instead of just calling me and telling me they took me off the schedule. Very unprofessional the GM mark and all the managers. Very petty and into drama
Stressful
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJMarch 27, 2017
At the start of working there the work environment was nice and the people were nice but after some time working there it was shown how rude the people were. Management never stood up for their employees even thought they stated that the did. Everything was very disorganized and people got fired for the smallest things.
Pros
Good money and food
Cons
No breaks, horrible attitudes, never organized, low staff
Fun work place
Host/ Server/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMarch 27, 2017
If you like fast paced work you'll love zinburger! There's something exciting about getting in that zone and being pumped to do your job. Zinburger is a fair work environment that if you work well with others will be a blast!
Not the best
Waitress, hostess, sanitation, customer service (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJ 08002March 3, 2017
The management was pretty rough. Also we only had 2 table sections which made making money very hard. also you could only work 20 hours a week.

Want to know more about ZinBurger?

Ask a question
horrible
Line cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 9, 2017
horrible place to work at. management was horrible. very disorganized. co workers always tried to fight and put you down. i would not work for this company at all.
very productive lots of work and fun being there
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 6, 2016
a typical work day was always busy
i learned how to prep food make sure all orders went out perfect and made sure the system was good
management was excellent
co workers were hard to deal with at times but still was fun to work with
The hardest part of the job was dealing with to many people emotions
the most enjoyable part of the job when the servers use to come to me and tell me about what the customers said about what i had done with preparing there food
Pros
bring food home, head chef was very cool and respectable
Cons
short breaks
It's a job.
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJJune 3, 2016
A very high stress work environment, as most jobs are in the hospitality industry. Went through a lengthy training and orientation process which stressed respect toward fellow co-workers and professionalism at work only to find that 75% of the people who work there behave in the exact opposite way.
Pros
Tips, some camaraderie, food?
Cons
Stress, some rude staff, business is getting slower.
studios job
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 20, 2016
Co-workers could've been a little bit more professional . management couldve given breaks The hardest part was dealing with unprofessional people and the most enjoyable part was eating discounted food.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
unprofessional workers
My 30year's best part time I ever had
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYMarch 18, 2016
Still a great place to work for enjoyment fun family friend's keeping busy how coworker's did the night talking to them when a full house is in you get slam which is good
Pros
Discounted food that's cool
Cons
I've' done with out break's
Productive and fast pace job
Line Cook, Preparing Food (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 13, 2016
Zinburger has a fun environment and is very fast pace job. You work long periods of lunch rush. I have learned how to properly work with fryers. The management is awesome they seek to help employees everyday. My Co-workers that I work with are fun to work with very helpful and they know how to create a team work environment. The hardest Part of working at Zinburger for me is find more hours to work. The most enjoyable part if this job is working on the line as a team and getting the stress and frustration out of each other.
Pros
Free meal every day you work and 20% off
Cons
Very short breaks
Social skills in actions
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Huntington Station, NYDecember 7, 2015
I love being social and talking to new people everyday which is basically perfect for being a hostess or server. You greet new faces and make them smile with simple gestures all the time. Start conversations as you walk them to a table and wish them a good night as you hold the door open for them when leaving. Usually the babies are the best part. Working in a restaurant means you get a lot of families and a lot of cute babies that visit. They seem to always put a smile on face at the end of the day.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
not enough hours
Very busy and fun job.
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 28, 2015
I would come in usually two hours before opening and do the prep work for what ever station that they would have me open. Then for the remainder of the time before opening I would go help prep put away the orders that we recieved that morning.
Pros
free meal
Cons
short breaks to no breaks
i loved cooking here but management ruined it for me
Prep Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buckhead, GAJuly 18, 2015
love their menu. loved my coworkers. management was poorly. the place has only been open for a year and the turn over rate was ridiculous. the entire management team has been replaced.
Pros
in my area of study
Cons
no free meals
Misleading, rude employees, unfair management
Server (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLApril 8, 2015
When you first go through training it lasts for a week straight, just be prepared to go into work right after training for over a week with no days off. They expect you to work double right away too. The management never worked with me, they worked against me. If I ever made a mistake, even the slightest mistake I was yelled at and never heard the end of it. I HIGHLY suggest not working here, the pay is not worth it at all. They expect way too much from you for extremely low pay. I have worked in many restaurants and every one except Zinburger has felt like a family. One last thing, everything you have to say to your tables is rehearsed, you have to give their "pitch" word for word. I had absolutely no room to be myself when talking to tables here.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, horrible management, terrible hours