ZinBurger Employee Reviews

Misleading, rude employees, unfair management
Server (Former Employee), Sunrise, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Bad pay, horrible management, terrible hours
When you first go through training it lasts for a week straight, just be prepared to go into work right after training for over a week with no days off. They expect you to work double right away too. The – more... management never worked with me, they worked against me. If I ever made a mistake, even the slightest mistake I was yelled at and never heard the end of it. I HIGHLY suggest not working here, the pay is not worth it at all. They expect way too much from you for extremely low pay. I have worked in many restaurants and every one except Zinburger has felt like a family. One last thing, everything you have to say to your tables is rehearsed, you have to give their "pitch" word for word. I had absolutely no room to be myself when talking to tables here. – less
Mislead, disorganized, toxic.
Hostess (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: meals 50% off
Cons: see discription
Zinburger has server positions for hire listed on different job sites including this one, and I applied and was hired there, but they said they would have me as a hostess until I got used to the atmosphere, – more... then they would have me as a server. I have been here for a month and they have hired two new servers when they told me and several other people that they would be servers.

When I went for the first day of orientation, they couldn't find my information to make a punch card for me. No clear communication about what tables need to be cleaned.

I witnessed disagreements between management and employees that were profane and threatening.

This was the first full restaurant experience I have ever had, so I have restaurant experience now. Coworkers are helpful and supportive. During training you get to try most of the food. – less
fun worksplace, busy
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Nanuet, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: busy envoriment, friendly environment
Cons: short breaks, too many servers
wait on tables, greet customers, take orders, run food, clean tables, interact with patrons, however young employees here that are not responsible.
Aswesome Job to be at
Hostess (Former Employee), Clifton, NJDecember 31, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benefits
I loved working there
i love there food and having to assist customers was the best part
having to work with co-workers was so cool i made alot of friends there, wish i did not have to leave. the managers were awesome.
enjoy having fun co workers
Bar Tender/Waiter (Current Employee), Nanuet, NYNovember 13, 2014
over all its average

have fun everyday and its ok

food is great

management is nice

even though corporate should take care of employees needs as much as their clients or customer needs instead
Fun place to work however frustrating and sometimes bad management.
Hostess (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: half off food
Cons: bad management and rude co workers
A typical day at work is (If you're a hostess/server) Wiping the windows, Opening doors, Seating guests. Uniforms suck. Co-workers are usually nice but some rude. Hardest part of the job is the number of hours you have to work. Sometimes you get cut hours before your shift is over and some days you feel you're never going to get out.
busy enviroment, positive attitude.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Nanuet, NYJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great management, very good chance to move up in the field.
Cons: n/a
Managers are hard workers who spend lots of hours at work and have a unique dedication. Everyone takes pride on what they do, and the culture of the company drives them to be that way. Selection of employees is critical when bringing new members. Hospitality is learned and improved every time, as well as discipline.
Productive Yet Busy Work Environment
Chef (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 14, 2013
I would normally clock in and set up the line for daily production, and continually stock for whole days production.
Restaurant
Shift leader/Cook (Current Employee), New JerseyOctober 2, 2012
Fun easy going staff...great workplace..great atmosphere...cooking job