Zinio delivers the ultimate magazine experience for the digital age. From the best in news, politics, technology, art, style, travel and more, connect with the stories that shape history and the magazines that matter to you. Zinio's products include the world’s largest newsstand and top-rated applications for iPad, iPhone, Android and Windows 8. Readers can store and read full magazines offline, sync libraries across multiple devices and search digital magazine archives. Zinio also enables readers to share their favorite articles through Facebook and other social networks. The company was born in 2001 in San Francisco and has offices in New York, London and Barcelona.
The Opportunity - Product Manager
Product Managers lead the definition of our products with product vision and close collaboration with engineering, partners, marketing and support to ensure our customer satisfaction and engagement goals are met. In Scrum parlance, you will play the Product Owner role by prioritizing the backlog, identifying cohesive releases, and creating product roadmaps. The Product Manager's role is to define products that support the company's overall strategy and goals.
- Develop product strategy through customer research and collaboration with UX design
- Maintain a backlog with prioritized user stories and corresponding justification
- Manage stakeholder expectations by keeping them informed and evaluating new requests
- Run beta and pilot programs with pre-release products or prototypes
- Understanding product and consumer dynamics through product & user research
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and industry landscape
- Serve as a leader for a cross-functional product development team
Your Experience and Background:
- 3-5 years experience as a Product Manager
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- 2+ years of work experience in the publishing or consumer media industries
- Knowledgeable about delivering SaaS, authoring, and CMS tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree and MBA, or equivalent experience
- Technical background, with experience working on web, content management, or platform products
- Expertise and interest in Agile software development processes
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Zinio delivers the ultimate magazine experience for the digital age. From the best in news, politics, technology, art, style,...