Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome Staff
customer service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 18, 2016
Answer inbound calls regarding bank accounts, loans, mmda etc. The management and people are great and very inviting and helpful. The pay is good but not fora person full of energy because your sitting at a computer all day. Hardest part of the job is learning all the programs and bank lingo.
Pros
benefits, pay, parties
Cons
short breaks, scheduling
Fun, rewarding place to work
Business Analyst / Deposits SME (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2016
Fun, rewarding place to work. Lots of opportunity and upward growth. Compensation above average. Management is super friendly and respectful.
Providing exceptional customer service to clients in enthusiastic, diverse atmospheres
Peak Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City RegionSeptember 2, 2015
Travelled to different branches in the Salt Lake Region everyday. Change in shifts because your coverage for sick employees and understaffed branches. Assisted with opening the branch by opening vault, gathering night drop, counting cash drawer, and making everything presentable for clients before they walk through the door. Enjoy working with new co-workers and clients everyday, easy to look past upset clients and crowded, stressful environment.
Pros
new experience each day, mile reimbursement, shift differential, face to face customer service, health benefits
Cons
extensive travelling, clients don't recognize you, on call hours
Goal oriented
Officer Candidate III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2015
this company is a really good place to work at, they like to cultivate talent and help young people to get involve with programs to become the future of the organization.

Strong organizational culture, solid structure and great management.
Pros
family friendly, benefits and professional grow
Premier employer in Salt Lake City and Utah banking/finance career
Vice President, Senior Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahSeptember 30, 2015
Career at Zions Bancorporation provides endless banking and finance opportunity in Utah and regional western footprint where the bank is present.
Pros
job security
benefits
Zions Bancorporation is an excellent place to work
Account Specialist II (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 9, 2015
Each day is a new learning experience. You can be self managed or work within a team depending on the department. The company is always growing, so there is room for new ideas and employees to contribute to improvement.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
benefits are not the best
Really enjoyed my time at the company. Very community minded.
Regional President /Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2016
Responsible for the management of 18 branches that housed $1.8 billion in deposits and $524 million in loans. In order to meet the regional revenue growth goals it was very critical to develop and maintain great partnerships, as well as creating, implementing a good strategic plan. This was accomplished through our Regional Executive Management Committee which consisted of 8 lines of business regional leaders of which I chaired.

I really enjoyed my job, especially working with all the managers and their staff as well as all the business partners in helping them to see their potential. Developing a highly qualified team of sales driven managers was very rewarding. Helping individuals truly see their capabilities and getting out of their comfort zone which them to advance was very rewarding.

Hardest part of the job was replacing several under performers that had been hired by previous RP who was now my direct supervisor.
Job Responsibilities
Vice President, Lockbox Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2016
My responsibilities include managing all aspects of assigned products for one or more product lines, conducting research and profitability analysis, making recommendations regarding product features, pricing strategy to appropriate approval committees, working with other departments to bring the product to market, developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies and evaluating results.
Pros
Deep attention to ensure a positive client experience
Cons
high stress and poor infrastructure for historical knowledge
Very good experience!
Software Technician (Former Employee) –  2200S 3270W West Valley CityJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work would include getting into work in the morning and helping bank employee's with company software related issues. For example if something went wrong with their office products or internet. If they day was busy they would buy us lunch and thank us for our hard work! Positive environment and I loved it!
Pros
Free lunches from time to time, bonus on good performance and paid holidays! Paid time off!
Cons
Training wasn't great, and no follow up!
Quality bank experience with little room for advancement.
Personal Banker Officer (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 2, 2016
I was a personal banking officer at Zions bank. The hours were great and the training was good. However, the attitude of the bank was to cut costs even if it sacrifices performance. I was doing more than just my job description and getting paid the same amount. There was little room for advancement within the company which ultimately led to my decision to leave.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay.
Cons
Poor management
Great company
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CItyAugust 7, 2015
This was a great company to work for. Very competitive salary and great benefits. The culture was very relaxed and casual. There was no stress with my team at all. I was able to work remotely if needed and was also able to work odd hours if necessary. Very flexible.
Zions Bancorp Review
Senior Business Analyst III/IV (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2016
Great corporate culture, but not innovative. Innovation is challenging for banks due to regulation and can make the work environment challenging. The cuture is great and seeks input and collaboration, but at the end of the day empowerment for improvement is lacking not due to a great culture, rather due to a highly regulated industry.
Pros
Work life balance, positive company culture
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, high benefit costs, non-innovative
Fun place to learn and work!
IT Online Banking Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 14, 2016
Great environment where you can learn basic and advance of financial with manager and supervisors. Training is basic for all employees usually takes between 1 month and 7 months long, in the time you are going to take calls with mentors( employees with high performance). Supervisor usually gives you time to learn and training in every area in needed. There is not so many diversity people. The hard part of the job is deal with customers for the system issues, on line banking not friendly. I enjoy help customers and educate them.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Old computers system
My co-workers were awesome.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 5, 2016
Zions was a good company to work for, they were stable employment. You have to be able to adjust to the changes needed and adapt easily. There health insurance was expensive, for such a large company the price should have been more reasonable.
Pros
They worked around your schedule if you need to leave for dr appts. etc
Cons
The health insurance was not that great
Overall Great Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 10, 2016
Good Company to work for overall. Just like any company you'll have good and bad managers. Good culture and some opportunities to move up. A lot of movement between departments.
Pros
Good management for the most part and great culture/work environment
Cons
HEALTH BENEFITS. This is the one black eye of Zions. Giant deductibles.
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTAugust 21, 2015
cash handling
Amazing Customer care
sales

Zions bank is one of the highest rated banks in the united states but didnt treat their customers fairly
Pros
new clients
Cons
benefits.
Zions was wonderful company, but more than anything the people I worked with on a daily basis really cared about our customers and the community.
L&D Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 18, 2016
I loved working for Zions but due to unforeseen family matters I had to leave. My position gave me a great feeling of accomplishment every day. I love helping people, whether internal or external and with this position I was able to do both.
Good place to start your career.
Small Business Loan Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2016
Worked in various departments. Started as a part time tell and worked my way up to Commercial loan processor. The hardest part of working for Zions Bancorp is that they are technologically behind. Very conservative.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Slow advancement movement
Poor advancement chances.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 19, 2016
Hard to advance to another department. Raises did not match how hard you had to work. The hardest part was getting the time off when needed. People I worked with was the most enjoyable
Pros
The early hours I worked and the holidays
Cons
micro management and the pay
quiet place, no supervision, self starter
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 18, 2016
self starter collected a list of print outs of accounts that needed to be closed,opened,froze or unfroze, pulled monthly statements for customer, or branch then forwarded either by email, faxing or mailed, and charging those accounts the correct amount and apply to the correct account and memo for the purpose of the charge