Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews

day to day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 16, 2017
Answered inbound calls from Customers who had inquiries about their balance, loan information, fraud cases, etc. " If Customer had a question that couldn't be answered right away or if their case was still open and/or pending, would set up a call back with the customer.
A fast paced work environment with a great work/life balance.
Business Analyst, AVP (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 18, 2017
Zions Bancorporation is going through a lot of changes right now as they pull all the affiliates under one charter. There are a lot of challenges & opportunities for career growth because of this.
Pros
supportive management team
Cons
health insurance isn't great, lots of red tape to accomplish small tasks.
Great Environment
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  UTMay 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for Zions Bancorporation they show value in their employees. It was always a positive working environment even during promo season! Overall great experience.
The Manager is great
UI/UX Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 15, 2017
Whenever he will come to the UI UX Department Room,
We will play some or the Other In house invented games.
Live environment and always felt like working with Family.
And everyone would help each other when one person is under Deadline.
Pros
Great Work Environment & Great Managers
Cons
None of them i know of.
Friendly Environment
Vice President - Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 3, 2017
Zions has a very team oriented culture. It's strength is in the character and trust of their employees. I enjoy being around my coworkers who are generally friendly and productive.
Pros
Friendly Culture
Cons
Difficult to Advance
Very difficult place to work.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 28, 2017
Job growth was very limited. Management was very poor, especially in describing the big picture goals of the company. Benefits were terrible. Unbelievably hostile environment if you were not part of the Texas group. If employment here can be avoided, I highly recommend other avenues.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Benefits, work environment.
Zions Bank
Teller/Financial Service Representative-Cash (Former Employee) –  Heber City, UTApril 26, 2017
Typical day starts already behind for customer service. Having worked here from 2006-2011. I experienced the decline of customer service due to company cutting costs.
Hardest part of my job was seeing our customers having to wait for so long.
I understand the culture now is to progress into online banking. However, I believe more personal communication is necessary with our elderly in assisting them in the transition.
Pros
None towards the end
Cons
Cut our hours unexpectedly
Great company
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 20, 2017
I enjoy working here and would prefer to continue. New policy does not allow for movement until 12mo with that position which is very limiting for someone not making enough money to support a family.
Pros
always something new to learn, constant change, excellent promotions
Cons
not enough advancement, pay raises are limited, awful benefits
It works
Lead tres. Mgmt. Proc (Current Employee) –  2000 south 3200 westMarch 30, 2017
I like working at Zions, Just need a change the Management needs changed and the fact that I have experience without a degree doesn't matter. Go to collage!
Pros
Employees and coworkers are great
Cons
Managment is not Great
Nice small company
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 26, 2017
Some companies get too big for their britches. Zions Bank is not too small and not too big. It's big enough to offer competitive pay and benefits, but not so big that they've lost touch with customer service. I'd work for them again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Management and co-workers were pleasant
Cons
none I can think of
Teller (Current Employee) –  Millcreek, UTMarch 24, 2017
Good place to work. They offer nice products so they're easy to sell. The only problem with Zions is they've implemented this rule where you can't move up without being in your current position for a full year. It's very aggravating especially cause you can't even go from teller to lead teller without that year long wait. It's ridiculous.
Pros
Good atmosphere.
Cons
Slow advancement
Ok Workplace
Information Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2017
The job was ok, and training could have been a little better. The pay was good, but because of lack of training the job was a bit confusing at times as well as frustrating.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
short breaks, weak, unstable workplace
Depending on role, your job is stable, but there's no where to move
Department System Administrator III (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 8, 2017
I'm currently in a position where I can never be promoted, because HR only allows certain titles in certain departments. So without moving mountains and approaching the board, my job can never change. The only promotion would be to management, except it would only be my boss's job, because there's no other position in this group that matches what I do. I could switch to another department, except since my current one can never promote me, it will look like I've never improved since I hired in.

So it can be a stable place to work, and the work life balance is just fine. But be prepared to be shackled by the enormity of HR rules that they first invent then pretend they can't get around.
Pros
work life balance, stability for the most part
Cons
They don't care about you or your family, at all. The bancorp isn't even aware that you have a family.
Loan Processing is FUN!
Loan specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UT 84119March 6, 2017
Zions offers an great work-life balance, as well as ample opportunity to grow! I was able to begin my career as a tell and quickly advanced to a FSR and then to a Loan Specialist within 4 years.
Very conservative and laid back work style
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2017
Full of mismanagement but my team lead was very productive and informative. Most full time staff are unable to do their job efficiently. Hence, project went south and now scrambling to save it.
Pros
Very family friendly place
Cons
laid back and extremely conservative
Business Analyst, Product Tester QA (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 15, 2017
Good place to work, the management and people are really nice, coffee is always available :) the environment is easy to work with
good
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 15, 2017
This is a good company. Good company culture and excellent work life balance. People are nice and friendly. Heavy work, the work is never finished. People have stay late
steady job always have work
Loan Specialist II (Current Employee) –  WvcFebruary 13, 2017
lots to do a great learning opportunity wires deposits and loan reviews there are a lot of different jobs to learn from with in the company with lots of room to grow
Comfortable fast paced work environment .
Document Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Habra, CAFebruary 12, 2017
Zions Bank has a comfortable but fast paced work environment. The responsibility of the assignment is to get the loan documentation linked to the appropriate collateral in an online filing system in a timely manner.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Temporary
Great and personable team!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 2, 2017
Great experience with all coworkers - very personable and including. Not much room for advancement. Professional atmosphere. Always willing to help a fellow coworker out.
Pros
Personable
Cons
Not much room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zions Bancorporation. Our community is ready to answer.