Zions Bancorporation

Zions Bancorporation Employer Reviews

Good environment
Credit Review (Current Employee), UtahJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: good people/work evironment
Cons: terrible benefits/lower pay scales compared to other larger banks
Overall a good place to work. Management tries to make you feel appreciated. A lot of lunches and gatherings, but in the overall scheme I felt supressed in my advancement. My managers didn't seem to care about my career development and helping me progress.

If you're looking for good benefits, this is NOT the company for you. Expensive options for little – more... coverage.

Wouldn't let me rate the Compensation/Benefits section. Would have given it 2 stars. – less
Fast Pace and every changing enviroment
Lockbox Specialist (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: long hours after a weekend or holiday off
We have to keep on task from the moment we walk in the door to deadline. Mail is to be sorted into its correct customer bins for all 3 mail runs received by courier. After it is sorted work is then prepped according to special customer instructions and required scanning format. After work has been prepped it is given to the scanner. Scanner then takes – more... work and runs through an OPEX scanning machine and is quality checked, processed and received by server which then sends the file to the central HUB in Houston TX. Once at the HUB it is keyed or rejected and processed into clients account. If a problem occurs email to research is sent and we correct by either pulling item and amount guarantee and ready for next day to be processed again or pulled entirely and sent back to client.
Everything received for the day checks and correspondence must be finished scanning and sent to HUB by 11:30 am for final processing and client to receive deposit by 3 O'clock deposit run. There are two sides to Lockbox. The Wholesale side that receives more clients less dollar volume and Retail that receives high volume and dollar volume. Retail has various deadlines for there many clients and deposits must be ready for mail out on time. – less
Great Company!
Online Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 30, 2013
Every day was fun and enjoyable! Management was terrific and they made the workplace super fun with goals and games.
High stress sales environment
Treasury Management Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2013
Pros: banking environment, office hours
Cons: to much sales pressure for compensation
Cold calling on portfolio of business clients looking to strenghten relationship. In depth understanding of cash management services, information reporting, business risk and fraud, and health benefit packages for employers to offer employees.
Good overall.
Underwriter (Current Employee), Logan UtahNovember 18, 2013
Pros: no weekends.
Cons: no breaks
Great coworkers,
8-5 hours,
federal holidays off. ...................................................................................................................................................................................................
PROJECT MANAGER / BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2013
The upward potential at Zions Bancorporation is very stifling.
Co-Workers were awesome and a great culture.
Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 20, 2013
Pros: awesome co-workers and zions is family oriented.
Cons: health benefits and room for growth.
Great place to work, everyone I worked with was a lot of fun and easy to get a long with. Not much room for growth after 1-2 years.
Somthing to do
Lockbox Specialist II (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: hours, co-workers, location
Cons: benefits, raises
Very laid back and casual environment. They do allow for progression within the company. A very team player mentality is necessary.
The benefits are not the best
Great environment
Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 16, 2013
Overall positive experience on a 6 month contract.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Was a good place to work while going to school
Item Processing Specialist (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 15, 2013
Pros: consistent hours and willingness to adjust my hours while i went to school.
Cons: no room for advancemetn, poor interdepartmental communication
• Typing, batch, filing, sorting, balancing, processing, researching, returning and separating various types of items
• Oversee Storage and destruction of all onsite checks
Assist members with banking need
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2013
Pros: salary and location
Cons: hours
*A typical day at work would be assisting wtih banking needs via inbound calls
*I learned about different banking products and able to identify which would work best for the member.
*Management was wonderful as well as the coworkers
*The hardest part of the job was leaving
*The most enjoyable part of the job for me was knowing that I was able to provide – more... excellent customer service to my members and provide services which would be in their best interest. – less
Great Place to work
Asst. Relationship Manager - Commercial Loans (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 9, 2013
Learn methodology of Commercial Lending. Develop underwriting and credit analysis skills.
Great culture, business processes are maturing
IT MANAGER (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 3, 2013
Cons: health care not subsidized greatly
Historically slow to change and pockets of resistance still remain, but the Bancorp is initiating a core banking transformation that will re-invent the systems and processes behind commercial and retail banking.
Great start in banking
Teller/Head Teller (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 28, 2013
I worked with great people who had strong values. I enjoyed learning about the banking industry with Zions Bank. They had great benefits and understood personal life outside of work.
Good People, poor compensation, poor advancement opportunities
Relationship Officer II (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJune 28, 2013
Pros: security
Cons: health care
Good people.

Poor compensation.

Few advancement opportunities.

Benefits are sub par.
a large call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 27, 2013
My manager was not there for me when I was needed and you are expected to be on the phone but not miss a break. They did have a fun cart go around on busy days with snacks or beverages. The hardest part of the job was getting coaching and help when it was needed and not affect your stats. The most enjoyable was the coworkers. I did like the schedule – more... bid and depending on how you did on your scorecard is how you bid on your schedule; seniority came in second option. – less
Productive and great values
Treasury Management Specialist (Former Employee), West Valley, UtahMay 22, 2013
Pros: community service, lunches, holidays, managers attitudes
Cons: healthcare, supervisor rotation, training
Early, we start at early as 5:00 am. I learned a lot about positive pay and official checks. Management would gather with us once a week to once a month to swap ideas and update us on productively. My co-workers were a blast. Fun and knowledgeable. Hardest part is when it slows down. Also month end when you can't get accounts to balance and you have – more... used all your tools and resources you are aware of.
When you have solved the issue, balanced all your accounts and have the solutions to any questions at hand. – less
informative workplace for various channels of business
Capture and Reconciliation Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: great location downtown
Cons: healthcare
A typical day was filled with seven firm deadlines. I started at 7:30am and my first deadline was at 8:00am. It continued from there. Most days were typical file sharing, data entry, downloads, and filing.
Conservative Community Bank, Great Employees That Care About Their Clients
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2013
* Strong Sales goals with lots of face to face interaction with clients
* I have learned how to understand clients needs using EQ skills
* Management cares about my success and goals to make sure I
Can reach my full potential and grow as an employee
* Co-workers become very tight knit and each Financial Center is like
a family you can rely on
* Difficult – more... aspect of the job is advancement in Salt Lake, There are few management jobs opening up at this time and many applicants that are ready and qualified to move into those positions
*Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing people come to you as a trusted financial adviser and having the resources to meet help them meet their financial goals – less
Productive workplace with Management who's number one focus is it's employees comfort.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2013
Pros: evironment, management, advancement
Cons: starting hours, short breaks, short lunches
Great advacement opportunites and wonderful management who works very hard to create and fun and comfortable work environment.

About Zions Bancorporation

Multibank holding company Zions Bancorporation operates eight bank subsidiaries with some 485 branches in 10 western and southwestern – Read more