Zions Bancorporation

Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews

Bring a dinosaur to the Internet
Assistant Vice President & Online Product Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2014
Pros: exciting new frontier
Cons: big corporate bureaucracy
The exiting part of the job was being involved with bring a dinosaur to the Internet. This was back when there was no online banking and the Internet was still very young. There was a lot of uncertainty among members of upper management if it was a good idea to bring banking online or to this new thing the “Internet”. I still remember sitting in meetings with upper management arguing over which department should have ownership of the website and who had the rights to make changes to the webpages. It still makes me laugh today. However, they finally come to the conclusion that all the big national banks were doing it and they did not want to be left begin. It was the start of my Internet career.
Professional environment. Stable bank
Commercial Loan Officer (Current Employee), Wilder, IDJuly 16, 2014
Zions is a great bank to work for. They are a growing bank. Management is above average.
Pretty typical office environment with good people.
Operational Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 14, 2014
Challenging, rewarding work, that allowed me to learn much about the finance industry.
Management is hit and miss. Some are fully vested in employee development, while others are focused on their own development at the expense of their employees.
Coworkers have mostly been great to work with. Generally focused on taking care of the customer.
People Oriented and challenging
Operational Analyst (Former Employee), West Valley City, UtahJuly 11, 2014
Great place to work and good people, was a great place to start on help desk and then end up in Information Security
Slow Paced Job
Teller/Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntington, UTJuly 9, 2014
Pros: very stable company
Cons: healthcare benefits
Very similar to Amegy Bank. Same company. The hardest part of this job was achieving goals, the reason why is because we would get the same clientelle every day. You can only get so much out of them.
Loved the job and customers.
Teller (Former Employee), Manti, UTJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great people and hours
Cons: hard to take breaks
I loved the hours, the people I worked with, and the environment.
Wonderful co-workers
JDRF WALK CHAIRMAN (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJune 25, 2014
Pros: great place, great people
Cons: management lacked empathy
Zions was a great place to work until I got sick. When I decided to leave to gain a grip on my health, I provided 2 months notice. After a month, and someone hired to replace me, I had a minor cardiac episode that left me unable to return. Because of this, I was deemed not rehirable.
Career growth, knowledge growth
Operation & Systems Analyst Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzMay 27, 2014
Pros: outstanding career opportunity, knowledge growth
Cons: work 24/7
Management for ACH and the system support for Operations. Mentor direct reports. promoted business process improvement and SMART goals.
Overall - A great company to work for!
Financial Analyst II/III/IV (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 1, 2014
Pros: professional, opportunities for education, community caring
Cons: ego and personalities can affect quality of work life.
I can really only speak to my experience. I enjoyed working with smart motivated people who all seemed to support one another. I felt that for the most part, the company is very well run, and management cares about the employees. I would recommend this company to others.

The culture did change in my department over the last year I was there, and stress increased as well as hours, and management care for the employees went down. I guess increased government regulation has made a difference in a negative way.
Very fast paced.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 4, 2014
Pros: great work place.
A typical day at work was helping customers with their banking needs.
I learned a lot about call center environment.
Management was great.
My co workers were very fun to work with. We all stayed very busy.
Hardest part about the job was when you had angry customers you couldn't help.
The most enjoyable part was the wonderful people I worked with.
Good people to work for.
IT Customer Support (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: don't feel appreciated, overly concerned with short term opinion surveys.
Great people to work for. I really do love my managers and co-workers. Casual fun work environment.

The hard part is they put this tech into a people pleaser position. I respect my clients but management is overly critical and put way too much weight on ephemeral opinions. They began eating their own. Hence my application here.
Great environment to work
Bankcard Customer Service (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: the company does a lot of activities with in the community and inside the call centers.
Cons: healthcare options are not the best, and shifts can be hard to adjust when you get your new shift.
I feel this job cares about your sucess and gives you motivation to reach sucess and have career advancement.
Management is great, they are willing to lead you to sucess and have great coaching options to help lead you to sucess.
The hardest part of the job is when a customer doesn't understand how some of the banking processes work. I have a lot of patience and am able to work through the explaining.
Professional and functional work place
Teller (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough houses
Great management and co workers. Great work atmosphere and environment. Great benefits and hours
Productive workplace
Field Examiner IV, Commercial Lending (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 8, 2014
Productive workplace and good co-workers. Travel required in current position. Enjoyable to meet clients and business owners.
Good environment
Credit Review (Current Employee), UtahJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: good people/work evironment
Cons: terrible benefits/lower pay scales compared to other larger banks
Overall a good place to work. Management tries to make you feel appreciated. A lot of lunches and gatherings, but in the overall scheme I felt supressed in my advancement. My managers didn't seem to care about my career development and helping me progress.

If you're looking for good benefits, this is NOT the company for you. Expensive options for little coverage.

Wouldn't let me rate the Compensation/Benefits section. Would have given it 2 stars.
Fast Pace and every changing enviroment
Lockbox Specialist (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: long hours after a weekend or holiday off
We have to keep on task from the moment we walk in the door to deadline. Mail is to be sorted into its correct customer bins for all 3 mail runs received by courier. After it is sorted work is then prepped according to special customer instructions and required scanning format. After work has been prepped it is given to the scanner. Scanner then takes work and runs through an OPEX scanning machine and is quality checked, processed and received by server which then sends the file to the central HUB in Houston TX. Once at the HUB it is keyed or rejected and processed into clients account. If a problem occurs email to research is sent and we correct by either pulling item and amount guarantee and ready for next day to be processed again or pulled entirely and sent back to client.
Everything received for the day checks and correspondence must be finished scanning and sent to HUB by 11:30 am for final processing and client to receive deposit by 3 O'clock deposit run. There are two sides to Lockbox. The Wholesale side that receives more clients less dollar volume and Retail that receives high volume and dollar volume. Retail has various deadlines for there many clients and deposits must be ready for mail out on time.
Great Company!
Online Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 30, 2013
Every day was fun and enjoyable! Management was terrific and they made the workplace super fun with goals and games.
High stress sales environment
Treasury Management Relationship Specialist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 19, 2013
Pros: banking environment, office hours
Cons: to much sales pressure for compensation
Cold calling on portfolio of business clients looking to strenghten relationship. In depth understanding of cash management services, information reporting, business risk and fraud, and health benefit packages for employers to offer employees.
Good overall.
Underwriter (Current Employee), Logan UtahNovember 18, 2013
Pros: no weekends.
Cons: no breaks
Great coworkers,
8-5 hours,
federal holidays off. ...................................................................................................................................................................................................
PROJECT MANAGER / BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2013
The upward potential at Zions Bancorporation is very stifling.

About Zions Bancorporation

Multibank holding company Zions Bancorporation operates eight bank subsidiaries with some 485 branches in 10 western and southwestern – Read more

Zions Bancorporation Salaries