Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews

Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CItyAugust 7, 2015
This was a great company to work for. Very competitive salary and great benefits. The culture was very relaxed and casual. There was no stress with my team at all. I was able to work remotely if needed and was also able to work odd hours if necessary. Very flexible.
Day in the Office
Commercial Card Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2015
Busy and fun. Everyone seems to enjoy their job and the contributions they bring to the organization.
The company is growing and new products are constantly being review to ensure they are able to compete in the market.
Great People, too much politics
Telecommunications Engineer III (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UtahJuly 31, 2015
I loved my time working at Zions Bancorp and the people I worked with on a daily basis. The politics became an obstacle at times. Work at home options and start,stop times were nice as well.
Pros
Some flexability in work schedules and work at home options
Cons
High stress
Fun, helpful, friendly,
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 27, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Very friendly, helpful, and fun. Very employee oriented. Developed good work habits and had co-workers that were easy to work with.
good place to work
WebLogic, SunOne and Apache administrator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2015
Good team to work with. Nice to work with the manager and the team. Team leadership very understandable. Working at this company helped me in furthering my professional skills and interpersonal skills.
Zions Corporation afforded be opportunties to grow
Manager -Customer Care/ Lockbox Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2015
Enjoyed the culture and co-workers. I enjoy assisting my teams to excel in their desire goals. Back Office operation departments can interfere with life balance if you are in a department that requires you to stay until your daily functions are complete.
Pros
incentive plans
N/A
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 12, 2015
I learned a lot about the banking industry. I was able to sharpen my customer service skills and learn about a more diverse customer interaction.
It was a good place to work
Loan Specialist II (Former Employee) –  UtahFebruary 20, 2015
Helped me get better a multitasking and expanded my knowledge of general ledgers and accounting. I was always busy and got to a point I was the lead contact if anyone had questions. I have great knowledge of loans and compliance of the laws banks must follow. I moved money from one account to the other. I got very good at handling many things at once and taught me how to prioritize my work.
Pros
friendly envoriment
Cons
not much room to grow and advance.
OK
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2015
More relationship based then result based.

methodologies are 10 years older, very resistant to adapt new methodologies.
Pros
laid back work style
Cons
relations matter more than results
Great company
Treasury Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Production driven to help employees excel and meet bottom line goals of shareholders. Encourages employee development
Pros
v
Great company with great people!
Recruiter II (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2015
Zions Bank is a Community Bank with a commitment to recognize and reward exceptional employee performance and be a premier employer of choice. Named American Banker's Best Banks to work for in both 2013 and 2014.
Pros
great culture and work life balance
benefits
Poor management with unrealistic goals.
Regional Security Officer II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX (Amegy Bank)February 11, 2015
Insufficient staffing. Turnover was extremely high 1-3 years tenure. On call 24/7. Long 10 hour days. Salary so no overtime. Support was insufficient.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
long hours, on-call, no support, understaffed.
Meh
Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 7, 2015
Not a very motivating company. Didn't feel driven to improve or do better unfortunately.
Great company
Business Banker/Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTDecember 26, 2014
Zions Bank is a great company to work for. The work/life balance is amazing, the co-workers are great and the company strives to be an industry leader.
Pros
great company, training
Cons
poor insurance
A grain of salt
Lead Teller/ Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  SandyDecember 17, 2014
My experience very well may have been isolated. I came on during an apparently very tumultuous time in the bank's history. There was a lot of cleaning house and general fear and paranoia. Since I started working at my financial center, 8 people were either fired, let go, told their job was being done away with, or they quit. In a very short time it became very apparent how hectic working here was becoming. I became the lead teller after only 3 months out of sheer necessity. I was able to do more than our new personal banker but I was passed over for the position because of a company policy. There is no internal corporate ladder to speak of.
Pros
benefits for part time employees.
Cons
chaos.
Relationship Manager
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 19, 2014
I was a Relationship Manager within the Treasury Managment Department of Zions Bank. The team of bankers within the department consisted of highly motivated and skilled bankers. The team was managed professionally and communication skills were high. I managed a project within the Cash Management Group that was charged with selling and cross selling IT-based receivable software. My day was typically scheduled with face to face meetings with existing and potential clients for demonstrations of product. I would perform addtional follow up appointments for training of client's employees. I would also identify banking and or financial needs of clients to effectively cross sell other services and refer to appropriate departments.

The IT based software was a new product and service so working out the bugs and coordianting those efforts was the hardest part of the position. The most enjoyable was working clients, building relationships and learning about their businesses.
Pros
quality manangment
Cons
distance from home
Easy going workplace with a fully staffed kitchen.
Title Specialist/ Temporary (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UtahNovember 15, 2014
I learned how to process and complete various vehicle titles received from dealerships. I would also request ILD titles and assure compliance on titles, correspondence with dealerships, title research. Work in Tickler and ACLS programs, Excel, Outlook, other various Window applications.
Pros
work hours and working at my own pace.
Cons
it was temporary.
x
Peak Time Teller (Current Employee) –  salt lake cityNovember 11, 2014
good job for someone working through college.
always meeting new people.
great people work for zions.
Great people and plenty of room for advancement
Loan Processor/New Accounts (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 10, 2014
I enjoyed interacting with the customers and got to know them as they became regulars. I made friendships that I still have today. There seemed to be plenty of room for growth, if you were interested.
Not a fun environment to work
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 27, 2014
collections can be a tough environment to work. Management does not offer many rewards or incentive to create a fun working and fulfilling work environment.