Zions Bancorporation

Zions Bancorporation Employer Reviews

Productive and great values
Treasury Management Specialist (Former Employee), West Valley, UtahMay 22, 2013
Pros: community service, lunches, holidays, managers attitudes
Cons: healthcare, supervisor rotation, training
Early, we start at early as 5:00 am. I learned a lot about positive pay and official checks. Management would gather with us once a week to once a month to swap ideas and update us on productively. My co-workers were a blast. Fun and knowledgeable. Hardest part is when it slows down. Also month end when you can't get accounts to balance and you have – more... used all your tools and resources you are aware of.
When you have solved the issue, balanced all your accounts and have the solutions to any questions at hand. – less
informative workplace for various channels of business
Capture and Reconciliation Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: great location downtown
Cons: healthcare
A typical day was filled with seven firm deadlines. I started at 7:30am and my first deadline was at 8:00am. It continued from there. Most days were typical file sharing, data entry, downloads, and filing.
Conservative Community Bank, Great Employees That Care About Their Clients
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2013
* Strong Sales goals with lots of face to face interaction with clients
* I have learned how to understand clients needs using EQ skills
* Management cares about my success and goals to make sure I
Can reach my full potential and grow as an employee
* Co-workers become very tight knit and each Financial Center is like
a family you can rely on
* Difficult – more... aspect of the job is advancement in Salt Lake, There are few management jobs opening up at this time and many applicants that are ready and qualified to move into those positions
*Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing people come to you as a trusted financial adviser and having the resources to meet help them meet their financial goals – less
Productive workplace with Management who's number one focus is it's employees comfort.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2013
Pros: evironment, management, advancement
Cons: starting hours, short breaks, short lunches
Great advacement opportunites and wonderful management who works very hard to create and fun and comfortable work environment.
If your desperate for a job apply here
Teller II (Former Employee), DALLAS, TXMarch 23, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: healthcare, management, no room for advancement
Turnover is high, no way to advance unless your chummy with upper management
Read this!
Vault teller (Former Employee), Sedona Arizona,86326March 21, 2013
Cons: some insurance
Worst company I ever work for! The manager in the operations manager treat you very badly, Not only in front of other employees but in front of customers, They have a bad habit of gossiping. About you and each other. I would not recommend national Bank of Sedona Arizona to anyone. This is the worst place I ever worked in my whole life, Don't know why – more... corporate is not look into what's going on and how employees are treated, They just don't seem to care. – less
Account Specialist for Positive Pay and Fraud prevention
Treasury Management Specialist (Former Employee), salt lake city, utMarch 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches once a mont, birthdays, holiday parties
Cons: training, organization, and a full understanding of the department
Every morning starting as early as 5 am, The team goes through each account on positive pay and reviews images of checks to verify if non fraudulent or fraudulent checks. Sends report to Treasury Management who then forwards to the commercial account clients that reviews the information. Makes a decision to pay or return checks we have sent for them – more... to review to make final decision. I learned a lot about Official checks and the process it goes through to ensure that the funds are there and that there is enough funding to support the funds and then if the check clears.
I worked with some really great people who had knowledge in all different areas. Which helped as our department had our fingers in a lot of different or "what do we do this" items.
The hardest part about this position was it was not as consistent as it could have been. Training was also another issue. There is no real training. We had a manager that was new to the department and couldn't helps us in a lot of areas so we didn't know where to turn to for help. Plus they worked from home a lot and when things got heated we had no manager to offer when they asked for one. However we did our best to handle the issue and researched our selves to find answers and managed as best as we could.
Most enjoyable was when we started to format our daily tasks and able to finish on time or even early by making a few adjustments here or there to help better improve our proficiency. Also documenting how things are processed so when and if we had a new hire there was updated and current documentation. To improve on the lack of training.
Over all I really enjoyed that job and was on a career path to manager. Unfortunately I moved out of stated and that was that. – less
Conservative Community Bank that is becoming more progressive
Sr. Vice President (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: not a lot of lay offs
Cons: horrible benefits
Zions is a solid community bank that is becoming more progressive. They are working harder to attract and retain talented people.
Great Company
Asst to CEO (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 6, 2012
Pros: company, location, leadership
Zions is a great company with incredible leaders. They are involved in many aspects of the community and provide employees with opportunities to grow.
Great asset to bank and balancing
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 4, 2012
Pros: experience
Cons: limited hours
Balance bank, balance branches, daily accounting. Manage all Gl's. Company with opportunity for growth.
Working at a bank was the best ever.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Logan, UTOctober 15, 2012
I really enjoyed this job. It balanced my school and life schedule with when I could work. Management was very flexible and nice.
Good skills training
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTOctober 12, 2012
Pros: nice schedule
Good environment with excellent supervisors and managers
Benefits are terrible.
Portfolio Manager - Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 9, 2012
Good work/life balance, however anything positive is offset by the health benefits. You virtually feel demotivated because of the poor benefits offered.
Great Co-Workers
Bankcard Dispute Analyst (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 22, 2012
Pros: works well with family life.
Cons: does not value employee's
I learned that I am just a number with the company. No one is valued. They fail to realize that the employee as well as the customer is what keeps them in business. I loved my co-workers but managment left a lot to be desired.
Productive environment
Treasury Cash Mgnt Operations Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee), Gardena, CAJune 20, 2012
Pros: management support
Cons: layoffs due to re-organization
Zions Bank was a great place to work wiht great emphasis on team work.
READ THIS
CSR III (Current Employee), Houston, TxJune 20, 2012
Pros: free snacks
Cons: termination rate is very high, poor employee value, lazy supervisors and manager.
If you take a look most comments are in Salt Lake. The job is in Houston. I work at this location and Im currently looking for a new position. This company does not value it's employees. They always giving snacks and stuff away to hide behind their unethical rules. If a company is always hiring that should tell you something. Please consider another – more... position so that you wont get stuck in a bad situation. – less
Friendliest bank to work for
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Bountiful, UTJune 19, 2012
Pros: local feel, hire from within
Cons: you will find better pay at larger banks
I held various positions with Zions Bank and enjoyed all of them. I was able to advance somewhat rapidly. The company as a whole is very focused on development and internal advancement. I personally enjoyed working for a smaller local bank over the big boys as it provided greater access to the corporation heads.
Good company and well managed but my direct manager was not the best person to work for.
Service Retained Loan Analyst (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2012
Professional work place, wonderful customers and co-workers
Personal Banker (Former Employee), St George, UtahJune 14, 2012
Pros: benefits
Zions Bank is an enjoyable work place. Co-workers are friendly and work as a team to get the days work accomplished. Management works with each one to ensure work is done correctly and on time.
Productive, quiet workplace.
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTMay 20, 2012
Typically the day is spent reviewing checks and accounts for suspicious and potentially fraudulent activity, the hardest part of the job is that sometimes it takes a long time to get the work done and you end up putting in overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it does not require much customer interaction. Most interactions are done business – more... to business which is nice because interactions are positive 99% of the time. – less

About Zions Bancorporation

Multibank holding company Zions Bancorporation operates eight bank subsidiaries with some 485 branches in 10 western and southwestern – Read more