Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews

Great people and plenty of room for advancement
Loan Processor/New Accounts (Former Employee), Sandy, UTNovember 10, 2014
I enjoyed interacting with the customers and got to know them as they became regulars. I made friendships that I still have today. There seemed to be plenty of room for growth, if you were interested.
Not a fun environment to work
Collections Agent (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTOctober 27, 2014
collections can be a tough environment to work. Management does not offer many rewards or incentive to create a fun working and fulfilling work environment.
Productive laid back environment
Mailroom Specialist II (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: nice part of town
Cons: healthcare
A typical work day would consist of recieving and sorting mail to prepare for daily mail runs. I learned how to communicate better with co-workers and clients that we serve. Management is good, allows me to do my job as i'm trained and leads assistence when needed. My co-workers and i have very functional and open working environment which keeps the atmosphrere pleasent. The hardest part of the day is when I have to deliver frieght items to the floors we service. The most enjoyable part of the day is when i interact with co-workers from the other floors.
They don't focus on consumer customers
Personal Banker III/MLO (Current Employee), Boise, IDOctober 15, 2014
Pros: team atmosphere
Cons: resources, technology
The job would be great if you worked in the business side of the organization. There is not a lot of focus or incentive for my role and my boss has no desire to promote anybody. She likes her team and that is great, but we need incentive and that isn't important to her.

The overall management team is lacking. I think they need some fresh blood. I would say it isn't comparable to other banks in the way it is run and that is good and bad. I don't think they know how other banks are run and you miss out on some things that improve the job, but I don't think they realize what they can get away with also.

The hardest part of the job is the lack of resources that they provide to their employees. The bank is slow and they don't provide enough tools to let me make work for myself.

They do really seem to care about their employees and that is really nice.
Good work/life balance
Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 15, 2014
good managment
good co-workers
good company
some opportunities
Fun work place and great team work.
Customer Service Representaive II (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free food as rewards and occasional contests for prizes.
Cons: the benefits were lousy for such a large corporation.
A great place to work if you are self-motivated but also can handle criticism in a performance based environment.
Productive work place
Quality and Compliance (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: pay, vacation, opportunity for growth
Cons: micro managing
A typical day at work: very busy 5am - 5pm until the work flow was finished.

What did I learn: a lot of cross training in different departments, and also that you need to have a life outside of work. Don't get me wrong I liked my job but the hours were crazy.

Management: was not bad

The hardest part of the job: lack of communication and everyone
being on a different page.

The most enjoyable part of the job: working with internal and external customers, catching and preventing fraud losses to both the bank and customer. Also working together as a team.
good
Check Specialist III (Former Employee), Gardena, CASeptember 6, 2014
a fine place to work, i learned the check processing system, handling credits and debits check, using reader/sorter machine. management are very helpful as well as our co-workers. i enjoy these job because our teamwork make it easy for us..
Bring a dinosaur to the Internet
Assistant Vice President & Online Product Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 22, 2014
Pros: exciting new frontier
Cons: big corporate bureaucracy
The exiting part of the job was being involved with bring a dinosaur to the Internet. This was back when there was no online banking and the Internet was still very young. There was a lot of uncertainty among members of upper management if it was a good idea to bring banking online or to this new thing the “Internet”. I still remember sitting in meetings with upper management arguing over which department should have ownership of the website and who had the rights to make changes to the webpages. It still makes me laugh today. However, they finally come to the conclusion that all the big national banks were doing it and they did not want to be left begin. It was the start of my Internet career.
Professional environment. Stable bank
Commercial Loan Officer (Current Employee), Wilder, IDJuly 16, 2014
Zions is a great bank to work for. They are a growing bank. Management is above average.
Pretty typical office environment with good people.
Operational Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 14, 2014
Challenging, rewarding work, that allowed me to learn much about the finance industry.
Management is hit and miss. Some are fully vested in employee development, while others are focused on their own development at the expense of their employees.
Coworkers have mostly been great to work with. Generally focused on taking care of the customer.
People Oriented and challenging
Operational Analyst (Former Employee), West Valley City, UtahJuly 11, 2014
Great place to work and good people, was a great place to start on help desk and then end up in Information Security
Slow Paced Job
Teller/Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Huntington, UTJuly 9, 2014
Pros: very stable company
Cons: healthcare benefits
Very similar to Amegy Bank. Same company. The hardest part of this job was achieving goals, the reason why is because we would get the same clientelle every day. You can only get so much out of them.
Loved the job and customers.
Teller (Former Employee), Manti, UTJuly 7, 2014
Pros: great people and hours
Cons: hard to take breaks
I loved the hours, the people I worked with, and the environment.
Wonderful co-workers
JDRF WALK CHAIRMAN (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahJune 25, 2014
Pros: great place, great people
Cons: management lacked empathy
Zions was a great place to work until I got sick. When I decided to leave to gain a grip on my health, I provided 2 months notice. After a month, and someone hired to replace me, I had a minor cardiac episode that left me unable to return. Because of this, I was deemed not rehirable.
Career growth, knowledge growth
Operation & Systems Analyst Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzMay 27, 2014
Pros: outstanding career opportunity, knowledge growth
Cons: work 24/7
Management for ACH and the system support for Operations. Mentor direct reports. promoted business process improvement and SMART goals.
Overall - A great company to work for!
Financial Analyst II/III/IV (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 1, 2014
Pros: professional, opportunities for education, community caring
Cons: ego and personalities can affect quality of work life.
I can really only speak to my experience. I enjoyed working with smart motivated people who all seemed to support one another. I felt that for the most part, the company is very well run, and management cares about the employees. I would recommend this company to others.

The culture did change in my department over the last year I was there, and stress increased as well as hours, and management care for the employees went down. I guess increased government regulation has made a difference in a negative way.
Very fast paced.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 4, 2014
Pros: great work place.
A typical day at work was helping customers with their banking needs.
I learned a lot about call center environment.
Management was great.
My co workers were very fun to work with. We all stayed very busy.
Hardest part about the job was when you had angry customers you couldn't help.
The most enjoyable part was the wonderful people I worked with.
Good people to work for.
IT Customer Support (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: don't feel appreciated, overly concerned with short term opinion surveys.
Great people to work for. I really do love my managers and co-workers. Casual fun work environment.

The hard part is they put this tech into a people pleaser position. I respect my clients but management is overly critical and put way too much weight on ephemeral opinions. They began eating their own. Hence my application here.
Great environment to work
Bankcard Customer Service (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: the company does a lot of activities with in the community and inside the call centers.
Cons: healthcare options are not the best, and shifts can be hard to adjust when you get your new shift.
I feel this job cares about your sucess and gives you motivation to reach sucess and have career advancement.
Management is great, they are willing to lead you to sucess and have great coaching options to help lead you to sucess.
The hardest part of the job is when a customer doesn't understand how some of the banking processes work. I have a lot of patience and am able to work through the explaining.
Headquarters