Zions Bancorporation

Zions Bancorporation Employer Reviews

PROJECT MANAGER / BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2013
The upward potential at Zions Bancorporation is very stifling.
Co-Workers were awesome and a great culture.
Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 20, 2013
Pros: awesome co-workers and zions is family oriented.
Cons: health benefits and room for growth.
Great place to work, everyone I worked with was a lot of fun and easy to get a long with. Not much room for growth after 1-2 years.
Somthing to do
Lockbox Specialist II (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: hours, co-workers, location
Cons: benefits, raises
Very laid back and casual environment. They do allow for progression within the company. A very team player mentality is necessary.
The benefits are not the best
Great environment
Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 16, 2013
Overall positive experience on a 6 month contract.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Was a good place to work while going to school
Item Processing Specialist (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 15, 2013
Pros: consistent hours and willingness to adjust my hours while i went to school.
Cons: no room for advancemetn, poor interdepartmental communication
• Typing, batch, filing, sorting, balancing, processing, researching, returning and separating various types of items
• Oversee Storage and destruction of all onsite checks
Assist members with banking need
Customer Care Advisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2013
Pros: salary and location
Cons: hours
*A typical day at work would be assisting wtih banking needs via inbound calls
*I learned about different banking products and able to identify which would work best for the member.
*Management was wonderful as well as the coworkers
*The hardest part of the job was leaving
*The most enjoyable part of the job for me was knowing that I was able to provide – more... excellent customer service to my members and provide services which would be in their best interest. – less
Great Place to work
Asst. Relationship Manager - Commercial Loans (Current Employee), Boise, IDJuly 9, 2013
Learn methodology of Commercial Lending. Develop underwriting and credit analysis skills.
Great culture, business processes are maturing
IT MANAGER (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 3, 2013
Cons: health care not subsidized greatly
Historically slow to change and pockets of resistance still remain, but the Bancorp is initiating a core banking transformation that will re-invent the systems and processes behind commercial and retail banking.
Great start in banking
Teller/Head Teller (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 28, 2013
I worked with great people who had strong values. I enjoyed learning about the banking industry with Zions Bank. They had great benefits and understood personal life outside of work.
Good People, poor compensation, poor advancement opportunities
Relationship Officer II (Former Employee), Sandy, UTJune 28, 2013
Pros: security
Cons: health care
Good people.

Poor compensation.

Few advancement opportunities.

Benefits are sub par.
a large call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 27, 2013
My manager was not there for me when I was needed and you are expected to be on the phone but not miss a break. They did have a fun cart go around on busy days with snacks or beverages. The hardest part of the job was getting coaching and help when it was needed and not affect your stats. The most enjoyable was the coworkers. I did like the schedule – more... bid and depending on how you did on your scorecard is how you bid on your schedule; seniority came in second option. – less
Productive and great values
Treasury Management Specialist (Former Employee), West Valley, UtahMay 22, 2013
Pros: community service, lunches, holidays, managers attitudes
Cons: healthcare, supervisor rotation, training
Early, we start at early as 5:00 am. I learned a lot about positive pay and official checks. Management would gather with us once a week to once a month to swap ideas and update us on productively. My co-workers were a blast. Fun and knowledgeable. Hardest part is when it slows down. Also month end when you can't get accounts to balance and you have – more... used all your tools and resources you are aware of.
When you have solved the issue, balanced all your accounts and have the solutions to any questions at hand. – less
informative workplace for various channels of business
Capture and Reconciliation Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: great location downtown
Cons: healthcare
A typical day was filled with seven firm deadlines. I started at 7:30am and my first deadline was at 8:00am. It continued from there. Most days were typical file sharing, data entry, downloads, and filing.
Conservative Community Bank, Great Employees That Care About Their Clients
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2013
* Strong Sales goals with lots of face to face interaction with clients
* I have learned how to understand clients needs using EQ skills
* Management cares about my success and goals to make sure I
Can reach my full potential and grow as an employee
* Co-workers become very tight knit and each Financial Center is like
a family you can rely on
* Difficult – more... aspect of the job is advancement in Salt Lake, There are few management jobs opening up at this time and many applicants that are ready and qualified to move into those positions
*Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing people come to you as a trusted financial adviser and having the resources to meet help them meet their financial goals – less
Productive workplace with Management who's number one focus is it's employees comfort.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2013
Pros: evironment, management, advancement
Cons: starting hours, short breaks, short lunches
Great advacement opportunites and wonderful management who works very hard to create and fun and comfortable work environment.
If your desperate for a job apply here
Teller II (Former Employee), DALLAS, TXMarch 23, 2013
Pros: its a job
Cons: healthcare, management, no room for advancement
Turnover is high, no way to advance unless your chummy with upper management
Read this!
Vault teller (Former Employee), Sedona Arizona,86326March 21, 2013
Cons: some insurance
Worst company I ever work for! The manager in the operations manager treat you very badly, Not only in front of other employees but in front of customers, They have a bad habit of gossiping. About you and each other. I would not recommend national Bank of Sedona Arizona to anyone. This is the worst place I ever worked in my whole life, Don't know why – more... corporate is not look into what's going on and how employees are treated, They just don't seem to care. – less
Account Specialist for Positive Pay and Fraud prevention
Treasury Management Specialist (Former Employee), salt lake city, utMarch 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches once a mont, birthdays, holiday parties
Cons: training, organization, and a full understanding of the department
Every morning starting as early as 5 am, The team goes through each account on positive pay and reviews images of checks to verify if non fraudulent or fraudulent checks. Sends report to Treasury Management who then forwards to the commercial account clients that reviews the information. Makes a decision to pay or return checks we have sent for them – more... to review to make final decision. I learned a lot about Official checks and the process it goes through to ensure that the funds are there and that there is enough funding to support the funds and then if the check clears.
I worked with some really great people who had knowledge in all different areas. Which helped as our department had our fingers in a lot of different or "what do we do this" items.
The hardest part about this position was it was not as consistent as it could have been. Training was also another issue. There is no real training. We had a manager that was new to the department and couldn't helps us in a lot of areas so we didn't know where to turn to for help. Plus they worked from home a lot and when things got heated we had no manager to offer when they asked for one. However we did our best to handle the issue and researched our selves to find answers and managed as best as we could.
Most enjoyable was when we started to format our daily tasks and able to finish on time or even early by making a few adjustments here or there to help better improve our proficiency. Also documenting how things are processed so when and if we had a new hire there was updated and current documentation. To improve on the lack of training.
Over all I really enjoyed that job and was on a career path to manager. Unfortunately I moved out of stated and that was that. – less
Conservative Community Bank that is becoming more progressive
Sr. Vice President (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: not a lot of lay offs
Cons: horrible benefits
Zions is a solid community bank that is becoming more progressive. They are working harder to attract and retain talented people.
Great Company
Asst to CEO (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 6, 2012
Pros: company, location, leadership
Zions is a great company with incredible leaders. They are involved in many aspects of the community and provide employees with opportunities to grow.

About Zions Bancorporation

Multibank holding company Zions Bancorporation operates eight bank subsidiaries with some 485 branches in 10 western and southwestern – Read more