Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to start your career.
Small Business Loan Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2016
Worked in various departments. Started as a part time tell and worked my way up to Commercial loan processor. The hardest part of working for Zions Bancorp is that they are technologically behind. Very conservative.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Slow advancement movement
Awesome Staff
customer service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 18, 2016
Answer inbound calls regarding bank accounts, loans, mmda etc. The management and people are great and very inviting and helpful. The pay is good but not fora person full of energy because your sitting at a computer all day. Hardest part of the job is learning all the programs and bank lingo.
Pros
benefits, pay, parties
Cons
short breaks, scheduling
Unreliable hours and paycheck
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Davis and Weber Counties UtahJanuary 10, 2016
Most days spent on-call with no regular shifts. Traveled from branch to branch and was never able to settle. Extremely strict policies with no way for employees to meet expectations.
Worst place that I have worked for in my life!
Customer Care Banking Representative (CCR) (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 7, 2016
If you want to be singled out and have a supervisor that will go to any length, to fire you, then this is the job for you. I have NEVER had a job where they will choose to not like an employee, for no reason at all. I will NEVER recommend this place to anyone who needs a job. I'm fairly certain that working for the landfill, in 110 degree heat is a lot more enjoyable, than working for Zions Bancorporation!
I like working for zions bank
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UTNovember 18, 2015
I like working for zions bank......I have worked there since 2013 and transfer to Idaho and back to Utah and they were great to work with. I think they are a great company
Pros
na
Cons
na
Significant restructuring
Commercial Real Estate Loan Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 1, 2015
The company is dealing with the challenging perfect storm of severe regulation as a Systemically Important Financial Institution (SIFI), a low interest rate environment, and low risk appetite following the Great Recession.
Pros
Astute, caring, and competent top management
Cons
Struggling to change without input from the "boots on the ground."
Hired as BA changed to OA, but now have the duties of a CSR
OA (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTOctober 20, 2015
I was hired as a BA and sold on the idea that I would be analyzing system issues and finding solutions. However, this was not the case - I now take phone calls like a CSR from system users and have the title of OA.

When asked how we could cut costs in our department, I said that they could start by hiring someone at half of what I make to take calls. I guess honestly really isn't the best policy.

Just to be clear, this doesn't not necessarily represent Zions as a whole.
Amazing
Enterprise Fraud Operations-Fraud Analyst I (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UtahOctober 15, 2015
Amazing Management and team in the EFO Fraud Operations Department. Always learning and working on improving workflow. Management does not micro manage and is open to new ideas.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Very stressful and unhappy place to work. Very low pay and even worse benefits.
Quality Assurance Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahOctober 13, 2015
Terrible upper management that creates an environment of stress and distrust. Overall, an unpleasant work place. The pay is not competitive on the national scale. Therefore, they cannot hold on to talent. There are clicks with in the staff and bullies in management. A back stabbing environment of gotcha is fostered by a bullying management staff.
Productive, learning, busy.
Project Manager - Procurement (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Managing, administrating the teams.
Reviewing the timeline, sending out status reports.
Coordinating and communicating with team members.
Working with both Agile/ Waterfall methodologies.
Reviewing Scope, schedule, cost.
Managing change Management process.
Toxic culture and out-of-touch managers
Web Content Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 1, 2015
Zions Bank is great if you're an unachiever. Incompetence is valued highly, especially if you're in the Marketing and Corporate Communications dept. Competence is largely penalized. There are no processes, little if any but high-level ambiguous communications. If you're looking to float along and can keep all your opinions to yourself, you'll thrive there. If not, keep looking or the toxicity will bring your life down and it's not worth it.
Pros
If you're incompetent and quiet, many.
Cons
Oppressive culture, incompetent, no communication, chaotic process-less interdepartmental functioning
Premier employer in Salt Lake City and Utah banking/finance career
Vice President, Senior Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahSeptember 30, 2015
Career at Zions Bancorporation provides endless banking and finance opportunity in Utah and regional western footprint where the bank is present.
Pros
job security
benefits
Goal oriented
Officer Candidate III (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2015
this company is a really good place to work at, they like to cultivate talent and help young people to get involve with programs to become the future of the organization.

Strong organizational culture, solid structure and great management.
Pros
family friendly, benefits and professional grow
Diverse and Stable Company
QA Systems Test Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2015
Zion's has given me the opportunity to grow as a person in my professional and personal life. They are constantly growing and looking for new ways to advance with technology.
Good place to work. Great job opportunity and enviroment
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDSeptember 11, 2015
This was a great and fun place to work. Fast paced bank keeps you busy all day and being able to work with the public is wonderful.
Pros
Hours
Culture Issues
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 10, 2015
The culture is difficult for a female officer to advance and be taken seriously in the industry. It seems females are questioned more on their abilities when they tend to be more open to other clients and types of clients in the market. Poor leadership in higher level areas create hostile environments from time to time.
Zions Bancorporation is an excellent place to work
Account Specialist II (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTSeptember 9, 2015
Each day is a new learning experience. You can be self managed or work within a team depending on the department. The company is always growing, so there is room for new ideas and employees to contribute to improvement.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
benefits are not the best
Providing exceptional customer service to clients in enthusiastic, diverse atmospheres
Peak Time Teller (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City RegionSeptember 2, 2015
Travelled to different branches in the Salt Lake Region everyday. Change in shifts because your coverage for sick employees and understaffed branches. Assisted with opening the branch by opening vault, gathering night drop, counting cash drawer, and making everything presentable for clients before they walk through the door. Enjoy working with new co-workers and clients everyday, easy to look past upset clients and crowded, stressful environment.
Pros
new experience each day, mile reimbursement, shift differential, face to face customer service, health benefits
Cons
extensive travelling, clients don't recognize you, on call hours
Communications (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 28, 2015
It really is a great corporation to work for. Management is very nice and cares about employees. I enjoy coming to work everyday and contributing.
However, unlike other corporations there is an overwhelming religious culture that surrounds this corporation. If you are not Mormon or are unfamiliar with the Mormon cultures one may feel isolated or left out.
Pros
Hours, work environment, management
Cons
Nepotism & overwhelming relgious culture
Zions Bancorporation
Lead officer/Underwriter III (Current Employee) –  West ValleyAugust 21, 2015
I have enjoyed my time at Zions, however there are many changes that the company is going through and the time for advancement seems to be limited. I would like to learn more than standard consumer loans and would like to branch out into the mortgage industry as opposed to standard consumer loans only.

Zions offers a flexible schedule, good work environment, and great co-workers. I have learned a lot about credit analyzing and how a loan works from start to close.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zions Bancorporation. Our community is ready to answer.