Zions Bancorporation Employee Reviews

Poor advancement chances.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 19, 2016
Hard to advance to another department. Raises did not match how hard you had to work. The hardest part was getting the time off when needed. People I worked with was the most enjoyable
Pros
The early hours I worked and the holidays
Cons
micro management and the pay
Very good experience!
Software Technician (Former Employee) –  2200S 3270W West Valley CityJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work would include getting into work in the morning and helping bank employee's with company software related issues. For example if something went wrong with their office products or internet. If they day was busy they would buy us lunch and thank us for our hard work! Positive environment and I loved it!
Pros
Free lunches from time to time, bonus on good performance and paid holidays! Paid time off!
Cons
Training wasn't great, and no follow up!
Excellent Place to Work
Bank Card Specialist / Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 28, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Zions Bancorp where I grew as a professional employee. Management is excellent and able to always take employees to the next level.
Stressful
Teller (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 22, 2016
The stress you receive from helping rude clients is intense, and the schedule management team is not very accommodating for school.
Overall Great Company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 10, 2016
Good Company to work for overall. Just like any company you'll have good and bad managers. Good culture and some opportunities to move up. A lot of movement between departments.
Pros
Good management for the most part and great culture/work environment
Cons
HEALTH BENEFITS. This is the one black eye of Zions. Giant deductibles.
Quality bank experience with little room for advancement.
Personal Banker Officer (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJune 2, 2016
I was a personal banking officer at Zions bank. The hours were great and the training was good. However, the attitude of the bank was to cut costs even if it sacrifices performance. I was doing more than just my job description and getting paid the same amount. There was little room for advancement within the company which ultimately led to my decision to leave.
Pros
Good hours, decent pay.
Cons
Poor management
not great
Operation Specialist III (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 31, 2016
Its an okay place to work but, not great. bad management, bad pay, hard to advance. I put a lot of hard work and time into this company but, it got me no where.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great Place to get your feet wet!
Loan Adjustor IV (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 19, 2016
I learned how to develop professional relationships and be an asset within a corporate organization. This is a great place to develop a base for the lending industry,
My co-workers were awesome.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 5, 2016
Zions was a good company to work for, they were stable employment. You have to be able to adjust to the changes needed and adapt easily. There health insurance was expensive, for such a large company the price should have been more reasonable.
Pros
They worked around your schedule if you need to leave for dr appts. etc
Cons
The health insurance was not that great
ok
Lead teller (Current Employee) –  IdahoApril 26, 2016
Trying to hard to be like wells fargo.
Good people to work with just terrible at pushing sales
terrible underwriting
not competitive wages
Job Responsibilities
Vice President, Lockbox Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2016
My responsibilities include managing all aspects of assigned products for one or more product lines, conducting research and profitability analysis, making recommendations regarding product features, pricing strategy to appropriate approval committees, working with other departments to bring the product to market, developing and implementing marketing and communication strategies and evaluating results.
Pros
Deep attention to ensure a positive client experience
Cons
high stress and poor infrastructure for historical knowledge
Zions Bancorp Review
Senior Business Analyst III/IV (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2016
Great corporate culture, but not innovative. Innovation is challenging for banks due to regulation and can make the work environment challenging. The cuture is great and seeks input and collaboration, but at the end of the day empowerment for improvement is lacking not due to a great culture, rather due to a highly regulated industry.
Pros
Work life balance, positive company culture
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, high benefit costs, non-innovative
Really enjoyed my time at the company. Very community minded.
Regional President /Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2016
Responsible for the management of 18 branches that housed $1.8 billion in deposits and $524 million in loans. In order to meet the regional revenue growth goals it was very critical to develop and maintain great partnerships, as well as creating, implementing a good strategic plan. This was accomplished through our Regional Executive Management Committee which consisted of 8 lines of business regional leaders of which I chaired.

I really enjoyed my job, especially working with all the managers and their staff as well as all the business partners in helping them to see their potential. Developing a highly qualified team of sales driven managers was very rewarding. Helping individuals truly see their capabilities and getting out of their comfort zone which them to advance was very rewarding.

Hardest part of the job was replacing several under performers that had been hired by previous RP who was now my direct supervisor.
OPERATIONS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 7, 2016
I love my job, it is a great work environment, the people are very nice.
I have learn how to maintain systems, and servers.
quiet place, no supervision, self starter
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 18, 2016
self starter collected a list of print outs of accounts that needed to be closed,opened,froze or unfroze, pulled monthly statements for customer, or branch then forwarded either by email, faxing or mailed, and charging those accounts the correct amount and apply to the correct account and memo for the purpose of the charge
Zions was wonderful company, but more than anything the people I worked with on a daily basis really cared about our customers and the community.
L&D Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMarch 18, 2016
I loved working for Zions but due to unforeseen family matters I had to leave. My position gave me a great feeling of accomplishment every day. I love helping people, whether internal or external and with this position I was able to do both.
I like to working here and work well with everybody.
Lockbox Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company and get along with my co-worker. I am willingly learned new thing. I am processing account receivables for major corporations and data entry and balancing functions performed. Train new employees regarding processing and meet deadlines for some of the account.
Local Financial Institution with good values
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 23, 2016
The Diverse Markets department worked cohesively, almost like a family. We enjoyed going to work each day and loved what we did. We felt we were making a difference in our communities.
Fun, rewarding place to work
Business Analyst / Deposits SME (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2016
Fun, rewarding place to work. Lots of opportunity and upward growth. Compensation above average. Management is super friendly and respectful.
Fun place to learn and work!
IT Online Banking Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 14, 2016
Great environment where you can learn basic and advance of financial with manager and supervisors. Training is basic for all employees usually takes between 1 month and 7 months long, in the time you are going to take calls with mentors( employees with high performance). Supervisor usually gives you time to learn and training in every area in needed. There is not so many diversity people. The hard part of the job is deal with customers for the system issues, on line banking not friendly. I enjoy help customers and educate them.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Old computers system

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zions Bancorporation. Our community is ready to answer.