ZIONS FIRST NATIONAL BANK Employee Reviews

Nice place
Commercial Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2017
Zions Bank is a very large place and the cultures can be different which depends on which department you are in. Department level changes can be quickly made, but Bank Wide policy changes will take years to transform.

Zions Bank recently purchased large software packages that still have many bugs to work through. Overall I think it is a nice place to work, but other banks will pay more.
Pros
Banking hours and Bank Holidays
Cons
Health care benefits are HSA based
Productive fun environment to work in.
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2017
Great place to work. Good job security and awesome bonuses. All about promoting from within. Would definitely recommend Zions Bank for a place to work.
Interesting place to work
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 7, 2017
Interacting with clients depositing and withdrawing money. Learned how to count money fast, good with numbers. Little room for advancement. The culture is not as exciting as one would hope.
Pros
Nice place
Cons
boring
Enjoyable place to work
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 27, 2017
work with others to facilitate commercial loans. Would like to see management take an interest in the review process of all employees. I enjoy helping clients with problems.
Pros
8 hour days
Cons
no short term disability, no formal review process
Good work life balance, struggling vision
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  UtahFebruary 20, 2017
Bankers hours, low stress environment, struggle to keep employees due to tight staffing and overworked retail staff. If internal processes improve can really take off, however, vision keeps changing and there is a lack of direction. Constant changes in organizational structure.
Pros
Work life balance, great people
Cons
Internal processes are too slow for approvals making clients suffer
This is an okay company to work for if you are young and have a college degree.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2017
I would go into work in the morning and sort and check codding on work. i would the process my work by entering each invoice according to company policy.
Decent Place
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Zions is excellent about allowing time for family. You don't have to work 60-80 work weeks. My dissatisfaction comes from my personal choice to remain in the Provo region where there is little opportunity for growth/mobility. If I lived nearer to central office I believe I would be far more satisfied as mobility is much easier there.
Pros
Flexible, willing to work with schedules/family
Cons
No ability to advance
not a great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 28, 2016
Management is disappointing. Culture has gone downhill. Used to be a great place to work. Would not recommend. They are restructuring and job security is at an all time low.
bindery worker
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 10, 2016
in this job i worked side by side with the press operators as well as the layout and design workers. We processed all the confidential as well as day to day forms for the bank. We then took them to the warehouse & they distributed them as ordered by the branches. My coworkers were all great to get along with. The management was never seen so, it was just under the supervision of the purchasing manager. the hardest part of the job was very minimal. you were taught all you needed and encouraged to try more.
Pros
paid holidays, 401k profit sharing bank stocks insurance
Mortgage Lending Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 8, 2016
I worked for a wonderful Underwriter/Manager. She gave me many duties and trusted me with all of them. I aimed to please because of her faith in me.
Pros
Co-worker friendships, always steadily busy, the days went by fast
Cons
It was too busy for me to ever learn the underwriting job.

Want to know more about ZIONS FIRST NATIONAL BANK?

Ask a question
Zions was a good co to work for
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 16, 2016
Zions was a good company to work for, you had job stability. The people were good to work with mgmt was willing to work around your schedule for dr appts, etc....
Not my Favorite
Teller (Former Employee) –  Richfield, UTJune 14, 2016
This job was extremely competitive. every week they would have meetings to see how many debit cards or credit cards you opened. and if you didn't open any, you lost hours to the people that were opening up debit cards. the pay wasn't much. and I only worked part time so no benefits were offered. the over all environment was very "sharky" because you job depended on opening up accounts and products, so sometimes they would "steal" your customers which caused a lot of tension in the work.
Cons
competive, uncomfortable working enviorment
Flexible work place with advancement opportunities
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2016
Able to train and learn many aspects of the banking processing functions. Many great people to work with in a low pressure envirornment.
Pros
casual dress code
Great Company to grow within
Teller (Former Employee) –  UTSeptember 2, 2015
Great work environment and co workers. I enjoyed learning and getting to know customers. Great company to work for and grow with. Always new trainings and growth potential.
Pros
Great Hours of Work
great company!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 15, 2015
I enjoyed everyone that I worked with-great employess and benefits
day at work consisted of counting and keeping cash drawer balanced and keeping clients happy
No challenge, no progression
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 7, 2015
This job is not for someone looking for a challenge. It's data entry, basically. Every day is the same--sit down at a computer, check what there is to do, and do it. It requires no brainpower, and you sit all day. When I first started I was told that they didn't like to keep people in this position for long, since it's more of a starting point, yet there have been no opportunities to move up since I've started here.
Pros
Friendly environment, amazing mangement
Cons
No opportunities for advancement, not challenging
Management is changing a lot
VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCIAL CENTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2015
I was happy working at Zions Bank. I had tried several times to advance but was always told I was 2nd in line. It seems like Senior Managers always have their decision made before the position posts and interviewing is just part of the show to make it look like they did what was needed. Working at Zions used to be a good stable career until mid 2014 when senior managers decided to make changes to become like the big banks. They are cutting a lot of positions and turning the bank into a sales environment vs service. They have forgotten who keeps them in business.
Cons
Some in Sr Management have lost sight of the client
You used to be cool
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  utahDecember 2, 2014
I gave 8 years of my life working for Zions Bank. I started as a Personal Banker and ended as a Branch Manager/Financial Center Manager.

Zions Bank is undergoing a Culture Shift. it is not the bank I started working for. over the last year, they started cutting back man hours and asking the managers to do more with less. they cut back the incentive program forcing us to double and in the last year triple our goals.

there is no work life balance to speak of now, and the worst job someone can take with this company now is a Branch Manager job. Of course they call it a Financial Center Manager now but it the same thing.

Further More the Region President in Northern Utah is more concerned about image and will hold you responsible for what customers say or do that are beyond your control. She doesn't care if the customer is flat out lying. the demands for Financial Center Manager are unreasonable and there are plenty of better places to work.
Pros
Cons
benefits, no work life balance, high presure sales job.
Traditional bank with a strong management team
Commercial Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2014
Zions Bank is a good place to work with a strong and loyal executive management team. The biggest downfall of Zions is its below market compensation and antiquated systems and culture. Despite these issues, i enjoyed working for Zions and have a great respect for the company and management from the business line to the executive management team.
A full service financial services Bank
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJune 7, 2014
A full service financial services Bank with Corporate Offices in SLC, UT.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZIONS FIRST NATIONAL BANK. Our community is ready to answer.