ZIONS FIRST NATIONAL BANK Employee Reviews

Not my Favorite
Teller (Former Employee) –  Richfield, UTJune 14, 2016
This job was extremely competitive. every week they would have meetings to see how many debit cards or credit cards you opened. and if you didn't open any, you lost hours to the people that were opening up debit cards. the pay wasn't much. and I only worked part time so no benefits were offered. the over all environment was very "sharky" because you job depended on opening up accounts and products, so sometimes they would "steal" your customers which caused a lot of tension in the work.
Cons
competive, uncomfortable working enviorment
You used to be cool
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  utahDecember 2, 2014
I gave 8 years of my life working for Zions Bank. I started as a Personal Banker and ended as a Branch Manager/Financial Center Manager.

Zions Bank is undergoing a Culture Shift. it is not the bank I started working for. over the last year, they started cutting back man hours and asking the managers to do more with less. they cut back the incentive program forcing us to double and in the last year triple our goals.

there is no work life balance to speak of now, and the worst job someone can take with this company now is a Branch Manager job. Of course they call it a Financial Center Manager now but it the same thing.

Further More the Region President in Northern Utah is more concerned about image and will hold you responsible for what customers say or do that are beyond your control. She doesn't care if the customer is flat out lying. the demands for Financial Center Manager are unreasonable and there are plenty of better places to work.
Pros
Cons
benefits, no work life balance, high presure sales job.
Zions was a good co to work for
Loan Processor III (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 16, 2016
Zions was a good company to work for, you had job stability. The people were good to work with mgmt was willing to work around your schedule for dr appts, etc....
A great organization to work for
Commercial Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IdahoNovember 7, 2012
A typical day at work would intail follow-up on needed items from the previous day, review of new loan information provided by loan officers and inputing additional information into the on-line loan system. Part of the day would be spent filing and answering officer and loan assistant's questions. A log of time spent on each file was also kept.
Some of loans were very time consuming with difficult collateral documentation.
The department consisted of processors in Utah and Idaho. The manager was in Salt Lake.
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
things are always changing industry wide
great company!
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 15, 2015
I enjoyed everyone that I worked with-great employess and benefits
day at work consisted of counting and keeping cash drawer balanced and keeping clients happy
Traditional bank with a strong management team
Commercial Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2014
Zions Bank is a good place to work with a strong and loyal executive management team. The biggest downfall of Zions is its below market compensation and antiquated systems and culture. Despite these issues, i enjoyed working for Zions and have a great respect for the company and management from the business line to the executive management team.
Flexible work place with advancement opportunities
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 16, 2016
Able to train and learn many aspects of the banking processing functions. Many great people to work with in a low pressure envirornment.
Pros
casual dress code
Management is changing a lot
VICE PRESIDENT, FINANCIAL CENTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2015
I was happy working at Zions Bank. I had tried several times to advance but was always told I was 2nd in line. It seems like Senior Managers always have their decision made before the position posts and interviewing is just part of the show to make it look like they did what was needed. Working at Zions used to be a good stable career until mid 2014 when senior managers decided to make changes to become like the big banks. They are cutting a lot of positions and turning the bank into a sales environment vs service. They have forgotten who keeps them in business.
Cons
Some in Sr Management have lost sight of the client
No challenge, no progression
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 7, 2015
This job is not for someone looking for a challenge. It's data entry, basically. Every day is the same--sit down at a computer, check what there is to do, and do it. It requires no brainpower, and you sit all day. When I first started I was told that they didn't like to keep people in this position for long, since it's more of a starting point, yet there have been no opportunities to move up since I've started here.
Pros
Friendly environment, amazing mangement
Cons
No opportunities for advancement, not challenging
Great Company to grow within
Teller (Former Employee) –  UTSeptember 2, 2015
Great work environment and co workers. I enjoyed learning and getting to know customers. Great company to work for and grow with. Always new trainings and growth potential.
Pros
Great Hours of Work
Customer Service Industry
Teller/New Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2013
Can become a pain to deal with angry people all the time. Zions Bank hires external reviewers to give performance based reviews, which can be extremely bogus. They often look for things that don't really matter in customer service and neglect the real question - how satisfied were you with your service today? and did all of your concerns get resolved? Instead they look for stupid keywords, which if aren't heard by the reviewer mean you need to have a performance review. Which is really strange while other customers come in to the office to speak with your manager directly to inform them of your "stellar and exemplary" performance.
Management allowed me to advance, due to recognizing my work performance.
Loan Workout Officer, Recovery & Ops Spec (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 5, 2012
I was responsible for a loan portfolio as large as 128 loans. I specialized in SBA loans. I had a very heavy workload. I offered and suggested various loan modifications. I liquidated assets. I worked closely with attorney's. My learning increased significantly while working for the bank 10 years.
Pros
advancement
Cons
medical insurance
Solid institution with staing power
Vice President & Commercial Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 16, 2012
- Daily involvement with business development officers providing client information for review.
- Completed commercial analysis in underwriting for loan approvals.
- Signicant time spent in loan review and audit in preparation for credit examinations.
- Competent Management and overall solid employee base.
Job security, poor pay
Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTApril 28, 2014
Great place to work if you don't want to get paid and you want job security.
Pros
people
Cons
money
Great management and perfect position to have during school years.
Teller/New Accounts/Coach/Trainer (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 31, 2013
Worked well with college school schedule and have a good working atmosphere. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the other employees at the branches covered in my region. The hardest part is not getting to know the clients on a day to day basis due to constant travel between branches.
Room for growth
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2013
I have worked for Zions First National Bank since 2006 and have enjoyed the team oriented environment. I have been a Teller, Financial Service Representative as well as a Customer Service Manager. Retail Banking has allowed me to network with so many departments within the bank which has opened my eyes to future possibilities within the company.
Zions Bank is a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahMay 5, 2013
I really have enjoyed working for Zions Bank. There are many opportunities for advancement.
Great people with a very strong sales environment
Treasury Management Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2013
Great people with a very strong sales environment. Very numbers and sales oriented. only left because leavin state.
Outstanding place to work
Regional President and SVP (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2014
I was a senior manager at Zions Bank and during the 6 years I was there I loved it every minute of it. Zions is a great place to work.
A full service financial services Bank
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTJune 7, 2014
A full service financial services Bank with Corporate Offices in SLC, UT.