ZIONS FIRST NATIONAL BANK

ZIONS FIRST NATIONAL BANK United States Employee Reviews

You used to be cool
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee), utahDecember 2, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: benefits, no work life balance, high presure sales job.
I gave 8 years of my life working for Zions Bank. I started as a Personal Banker and ended as a Branch Manager/Financial Center Manager.

Zions Bank is undergoing a Culture Shift. it is not the bank I started working for. over the last year, they started cutting back man hours and asking the managers to do more with less. they cut back the incentive program forcing us to double and in the last year triple our goals.

there is no work life balance to speak of now, and the worst job someone can take with this company now is a Branch Manager job. Of course they call it a Financial Center Manager now but it the same thing.

Further More the Region President in Northern Utah is more concerned about image and will hold you responsible for what customers say or do that are beyond your control. She doesn't care if the customer is flat out lying. the demands for Financial Center Manager are unreasonable and there are plenty of better places to work.
Traditional bank with a strong management team
Commercial Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2014
Zions Bank is a good place to work with a strong and loyal executive management team. The biggest downfall of Zions is its below market compensation and antiquated systems and culture. Despite these issues, i enjoyed working for Zions and have a great respect for the company and management from the business line to the executive management team.
A full service financial services Bank
Loan Officer (Former Employee), SLC, UTJune 7, 2014
A full service financial services Bank with Corporate Offices in SLC, UT.
Job security, poor pay
Relationship Officer (Former Employee), Sandy, UTApril 28, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: money
Great place to work if you don't want to get paid and you want job security.
Outstanding place to work
Regional President and SVP (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2014
I was a senior manager at Zions Bank and during the 6 years I was there I loved it every minute of it. Zions is a great place to work.
Room for growth
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2013
I have worked for Zions First National Bank since 2006 and have enjoyed the team oriented environment. I have been a Teller, Financial Service Representative as well as a Customer Service Manager. Retail Banking has allowed me to network with so many departments within the bank which has opened my eyes to future possibilities within the company.
Great management and perfect position to have during school years.
Teller/New Accounts/Coach/Trainer (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 31, 2013
Worked well with college school schedule and have a good working atmosphere. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the other employees at the branches covered in my region. The hardest part is not getting to know the clients on a day to day basis due to constant travel between branches.
Customer Service Industry
Teller/New Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2013
Can become a pain to deal with angry people all the time. Zions Bank hires external reviewers to give performance based reviews, which can be extremely bogus. They often look for things that don't really matter in customer service and neglect the real question - how satisfied were you with your service today? and did all of your concerns get resolved? Instead they look for stupid keywords, which if aren't heard by the reviewer mean you need to have a performance review. Which is really strange while other customers come in to the office to speak with your manager directly to inform them of your "stellar and exemplary" performance.
Zions Bank is a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahMay 5, 2013
I really have enjoyed working for Zions Bank. There are many opportunities for advancement.
Great people with a very strong sales environment
Treasury Management Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2013
Great people with a very strong sales environment. Very numbers and sales oriented. only left because leavin state.
A great organization to work for
Commercial Loan Specialist (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IdahoNovember 7, 2012
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: things are always changing industry wide
A typical day at work would intail follow-up on needed items from the previous day, review of new loan information provided by loan officers and inputing additional information into the on-line loan system. Part of the day would be spent filing and answering officer and loan assistant's questions. A log of time spent on each file was also kept.
Some of loans were very time consuming with difficult collateral documentation.
The department consisted of processors in Utah and Idaho. The manager was in Salt Lake.
Management allowed me to advance, due to recognizing my work performance.
Loan Workout Officer, Recovery & Ops Spec (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 5, 2012
Pros: advancement
Cons: medical insurance
I was responsible for a loan portfolio as large as 128 loans. I specialized in SBA loans. I had a very heavy workload. I offered and suggested various loan modifications. I liquidated assets. I worked closely with attorney's. My learning increased significantly while working for the bank 10 years.
Solid institution with staing power
Vice President & Commercial Portfolio Manager (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 16, 2012
- Daily involvement with business development officers providing client information for review.
- Completed commercial analysis in underwriting for loan approvals.
- Signicant time spent in loan review and audit in preparation for credit examinations.
- Competent Management and overall solid employee base.
Financial Service Representative
Orem, Utah (Former Employee), Financial Service RepresentativeNovember 3, 2011
Zions Bank has not forgotten who keeps them in business.

ZIONS FIRST NATIONAL BANK Salaries