Zipcar

Zipcar Employer Reviews

Fun in the summer
Fleet Associate CU Campus (Current Employee), Champaign, ILFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: get to be outside, freedom to work what fits in your schedule
Cons: winter
Summer job is GREAT!!..This past winter was really tough with all the bad weather. Cars kept having dead batterys and got stuck in the snow everyday. Was a rough winter to work outside.
Good company, upper management lacks.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Great company to work for but upper management does not show appreciation to low level employees.
Great Company
Accounts Payable Clerk (Contract) (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 31, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: no cons
Great People
Fun
Not much else to say
I enjoyed it
Great culture. Great engineers
SENIOR VEHICLE HARDWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 24, 2013
Pros: free beer, lunches, ping pong table
Zipcar has some great culture and great experienced engineers.
Good networking experience
Campus Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlestown, MAJune 25, 2013
Pros: free zipcar service
Typical day included marketing the Zipcar brand name to VCU students and informing them about the deals we could offer. Learned great leadership skills along with great experience in working on my own and becoming more organized. Management was one of the lacking points, as they were only available via phone/email and only checked in once a week. The – more... hardest part was going in front of auditoriums and explaining the program in an concise manner. But it was very enjoyable to be able to get in contact with so many people across the campus. – less
Great Office Great People
Marketing (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2013
Pros: a lot of fun events and opportunies, great for college students
Cons: barely get part time hours
I work as a part-time Brand Ambassador which helped with a lot of skills. As a Brand Ambassador I'm flexible in the office and I often help out in every department. I gained skills working in marketing, customer services and helping to manage the fleet.
Fun company with great executive exposure.
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee), Washington DCFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: great leaning experience
Cons: lacks positive structure
Fun company with a lot of pressure. Lots of exposure to executive opportunities and areas to grom professionally. Dive in and swim type of environment. Very little training and info-structure.
Great Professional Sales Experience for Young Workers
Youth Marketing (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVJuly 13, 2012
A self motivates environment with a chance for the associate to build experience with sales and team management
Enjoyable and productive workplace
Promotions Sales Executive (Marketing) (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 3, 2014
Zipcar UK has allowed me to enhance on my communication and leadership skills, learning to use my initiative and become an effective member of the workforce.
Member Services
Member services (Former Employee), London, ENGSeptember 2, 2013
A typical day at work is helping our members with a variety of queries from billing, services offered, bookings and car starting!
The hardest part of the job is having upset/angry customers, when there are no further options to aid them with and taking a large amount of calls.
The best bit about the job, is managing to solve a members problems as quickly – more... as possible ensuring we have a happy and satisfied member.
I have learned how to use empathy, understanding and the art of listening when talking with customers in order to diffuse and manage a difficult situation and turn it aroused to a positive one. – less

About Zipcar

Zipcar empowers pedestrians.┬áThe company rents cars under the Zipcar and Streetcar names by the hour or day, rather than by the – Read more

Zipcar Photos