ZipLocal Employee Reviews

Ziplocal
Business to business sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2017
Ziplocal closed all markets in Texas so I no longer had a job. Also could not get a number for Human Resources when I was sexually harrassed by a manager.
Pros
laid back
Cons
no HR
The focus was more about sales goals, then meeting the client's needs
Sales (Former Employee) –  West Lebanon, NHAugust 26, 2017
The changed their upper management and the company's focus over and over again, you could not believe what you were being told.
Profits were the primary focus, not value to the customer.
Good company, Many benefits
Digital Support Admin (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 1, 2017
They are a good company, with many benefits.
I would recommend their company for job opportunities to anyone who is an independent worker and a good self motivator.
Great Place to Learn
Taking on responsibility of team lead aiding other (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 3, 2017
Great place to learn limited income, Flexible schedule great co-workers. Ideal for student in school with different time for classes. No advancement for management.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
pay, unorganized, no incentives for clients
Pressure, pressure pressure to perform!!!
Multi-media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saint Michael, MNApril 2, 2017
Would not recommend this company. Lack of training, pressure cooker of job!! Limited support from upper management in Utah! New products came out without much testing prior to selling to clients!
Pros
Co-workers were great
Cons
Crowded work space, lack of training to do job
Productive outside sales environment
Media Advertising Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 22, 2017
This is a great avenue for advertising outside sales and learning how to do print media.

I learned a lot about advertising, marketing and how to do ad layouts for print media, I also learned a lot about online advertising SEO, making customer videos and banner advertising online. It was a great mix of opportunity to grow and understand the balance of print media and online marketing in an age where both components were important to a client's campaign.

The culture was very office oriented, everyone was doing their own thing and were inside and out, so you would see co-workers when there were designated meetings.

The hardest part about the job was having to relocate every few months, for different campaigns around the state. I am a mother, at that time my child was very young, so it wasn't so easy for me personally to do that.. For someone that doesn't have those obligations, it would be easier.

The best part of the position was getting out and meeting new business owners and making it my own business.

The management was very communicative and were there to help if you needed them.
Pros
great base pay, decent benefits, sometimes there was trade with small business owners
Cons
Relocating, having to work outside in the summer time (very hot in AZ)
Be careful about being employed at Ziplocal in the metro Washington DC / Baltimore area
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 2, 2016
Be careful taking a sales position with the company .
I was a media consultant for this company for over three years in the metro Baltimore / Washington DC area .

The company publishes community yellow page books and has decided to reduce distribution of the directories this year because of failing sales .
The company does offer webpage , social media and seo programs
to it clients and perspective client but they are late to offer the products in the market .
You will be asked to make your digital sales objective very quickly otherwise you will be put on a program which could lead to your termination .
The employees of the company are very nice and very professional especially at the home office in Utah.
Area management in DC / Baltimore is in a tough position in regards to print objectives which are declining and are being asked to make up the shortfall with digital objectives that are extremely high .
Be aware that the company uses an I pad that can track your whereabouts on a daily basis and might confront you on it.

The salary for a media consultant is in the mid 20K range which is below standard for the metro area .
The company does offer car allowance and medical and dental programs

In summation this is a tough grinding position with a company that is struggling with a print product and is in a very competitive field environment with its digital products . Be prepared for a lot of cold calling every day which you will have to document
On the positive end this a home based position which is enjoyable
Amazing company to be a part of!!
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 1, 2016
The company from its beginning in Oklahoma till the end of them being here was a wonderful place to be period. Very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, bonus structures and travel plans were very nice.
Pros
Salary, commisions, bonuses and team.
Cons
Some management and entitled co-workers.
Great Learning Experience
National Sales & Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 9, 2016
I started working there at a young age and while working there I was able to learn necessary skills for future employment. I was given time to learn a great many new skills like how to make and maintain spreadsheets, management, networking, sales and the list goes on. I enjoyed the people I worked with and I was sad to leave.
Cons
Healthcare
Excellent Training, Great Benefits
Accounts Receivables Lead Nationals (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 19, 2016
By far one of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had. The people at ZipLocal are great and I have maintained many friendships even after leaving. I loved the work and had a reliable, smart, and enthusiastic team. Excellent training programs with continued support made job success easy to achieve. I learned and taught many things while working at ZipLocal. Above all, a highly professional environment where teamwork and integrity are standard procedure. Competitive benefits, FSA, PTO, and regular company sponsored events. The work was challenging at times, but team members always made sure that deadlines and expectations were met.
Pros
Personnel, Benefits
Cons
Heavy workload at times can be challenging
Mostly Print Phone Books
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 5, 2016
This is a print and online company that does phone books and online search as well as some social media.

The management has changed several times since Ive worked at the company due to the change in the economy.

Many of the people who work at Ziplocal have been there for a very long time.
Fun and Educational Work Environment
Digital Specialist & Trainer Southeast Region (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 5, 2015
A great company that had underwent aloft of changers and growth that eventually caused itself implosion. Restructuring and closing of offices across the US and layoffs during the recession. Still viable now, just allot smaller in its reach and effectiveness.
Pros
Great Environment at first
Cons
To much growth and acquisition to fast and during the recession.
A Great Place To Be! Enjoy What You Do!
Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  ProvoJuly 28, 2015
Pros:
Great benefits and work environment! All the employees and management are amazing. Pay is great, bonuses are better, and they are so understanding about outside situations. Paid holidays, no weekends, and frequent work parties! As long as you work hard and do your best they will take care of you. they value good work ethic and will reward that.

Cons:
There is some contention between sales teams, that at times can get messy but when you stick with what your manager says and just act professional it blows over quick. High pressure sometimes too, but what job doesn't have that.

Advice to Management:
Just keep talking to your teams and making sure the door is open for communication! Other than that, the management teams do great.
Pros
Great benefits and work environment!, All the employees and management are amazing, Pay is great bonuses are better, and they are so understanding about outside situations, Paid holidays no weekends and frequent work parties!, As long as you work hard and do your best they will take care of you, they value good work ethic and will reward that.
Cons
There is some contention between sales teams, At times can get messy, Stick with what your manager says and just act professional it blows over quick, High pressure sometimes too but what job doesn't have that
good company
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2015
They were a good company, they just left jacksonville. In the beginning it was The Community PhoneBook. Then they sold out to a Canadian company. Then They became Ziplocal. They use to be a great company. They pulled out of Jacksonville twice. They closed all the eastern state and hundreds of employees lost their jobs. Then they came back in 2014 and was here about a year and left again. They did honor my 10 years with the company though.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
they left jacksonville twice
Digital Product Provisioning (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 7, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Ziplocal. I had many great experiences over my 11 years there. Unfortunately a lot of my job duties there became automated and I was laid off.
Good Company
Media Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORFebruary 24, 2015
Good company to work for up until they close offices. Closed our office and let everyone go, but they did call back and offer new job.
Amazing!
Multi-Media Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 8, 2014
This was a place where your were highly motivated on a daily basis by management. The support of management and co-workers was fa-nominal!!!
Family Feel but Insecure Work Environment
Multimedia Advertising Consultant (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 3, 2014
I love the way the office feels like I'm working with my family. We all care about each other however the office doesn't keep us informed about decisions and finances which makes us feel insecure about our jobs. Often they will have random layoffs and several of our good friends, some of whom have worked there 20+ years, are suddenly gone. Its is upsetting and discouraging and that is when everyone starts looking for another job. It creates upset and disruption for weeks on end and is really anti-productive.
It is nice that if we need a bigger pay check all we need to do is work harder, longer and more efficiently to create more sales resulting in more commission.
Pros
Family Feel, Hours are adjustable if needed, benefits available
Cons
Unexpected Changes, Benefits are not great, communication is not good with employees
Very Heartless Workers only care about making there money
delivery (Former Employee) –  utahApril 23, 2014
worked delivering phone books for this company and worked 7 days a week and 12 hours a day putting there books at the hinge of each door the company did not provide bags supposeably cause they were on back order never got any and the lady said we would get paid every week when payday came she didnt want to pay company is very cheap and wants all the money for them would suggest finding another job elsewhere
Pros
Cons
Will Rip You Off
ok place to work at
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 17, 2013
management wasn't the best. typical day at work collections calls all day. liked working with the others there.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZipLocal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6