Zippo Manufacturing Company Employee Reviews

Family Oriented Company
Licensing Associate (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAApril 25, 2017
Zippo was truly a family oriented company with an owner that cared for his employees. New challenges everyday and the bonuses were earned monthly. Work days were consisted of meeting customers from all over the world, designing new products and working with famous individuals. It was a fast paced environment but manageable. Zippo was a learning experience everyday with new challenges.
Pros
Benefit package was amazing and the company give back was remarkable.
Cons
None at this time
Great Place to work
Color Imaging operator (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAApril 5, 2017
pays really well when you can make full time, great benefits, and gain sharing when the company does well. you don't get very much vacation time until you've been there at least 10 years, you get 1 week after a year, but you have to use it during one of there many "shut downs" they do through out the year, after 5 years you get another week but once again you have to use it for shutdowns, the supervisors are worthless, they know nothing, especially about the department they are running.
Pros
pay, benfits, gain sharing
Cons
vacation time, managment
Great Employer
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PAMarch 27, 2017
I am overall extremely satisfied with Zippo. No better place to work in the area! Benefits are tough to beat. Management cares for its employees and work with us to meet our needs whenever possible.
Pros
Pay, benefits, hours
Cons
hard on the body
Final Inspector
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAAugust 21, 2016
I loved my job at Zippo. I miss working and expesially seeing the people everyday. I was a good worker and would do all jobs that were asked of me.....
Pros
Gain sharing
Cons
Paint fumes
Zippo Manufacturing Company
International Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, PASeptember 27, 2015
ZMC is a company that takes care of its employees through training, support, and a family comes first attitude.
I have personally grown while working at ZMC and attribute this to the benefits of continued education, opportunities, and respect by the management to utilize my skills and use the best judgement in making decisions.
The Zippo family not only encompasses the team at Head Quarters but throughout the 160+ countries where the Zippo products are sold.

Having the opportunity to work and travel throughout the world has allowed me to visit parts of the world I never expected to see or experience. Working with the key customers in these specific regions was the best part of international travel.

No two days are the same which allows for continuous excitement and challenges but working with an incredible team to obtain the goals always kept the job challenging and energizing.
Pros
Support to participate in community activities, Easter candy, Autumn cider/donuts, Thanksgiving turkeys, Christmas gift, company gainshare program, and exciting Brand.
Cons
Long hours with travel.
Average
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  401 Congress Street Ext., Bradford, PAMay 7, 2013
A typical day at work is a morning meeting with employees. Assignments are given and followed up by 3 tours through the department throughout the day to check production numbers & clear any obstacles. The biggest issue for supervisors is people, as it is with any manufacturing manager. Meetings monopolize your time and prevent you from taking too much time with your people. Zippo is a family-owned business and the President and owner are truly incredible people. If the business was always run the way they preferred, it would be a fantastic place to work. It's still not a bad place to work but it is stressful. The managers rarely work as part of the team and, generally, look out for their own interests at the expense of their peers & subordinates. The Operations division employs "management by intimidation." The "yes" men are the ones promoted. For that reason, none of the lower level supervisors trust each other or are willing to work together well for fear of missing their opportunity by helping someone else look good. In fact, they'll go out of their way to make fellow employees look bad. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the highly charged political environment between divisions, especially with the engineering and HR departments. Their management practices are inconsistent as they relate to their own rulebook and can change dramatically depending on the personnel involved. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people on the floor, especially when a job was done well. The business is truly kept alive by the efforts of the people on the production  more... floor and in the sales & marketing personnel.   less
Productive company with family values
Welder Operator (Former Employee) –  Bradford, PAApril 12, 2012
My day begin by ensuring the welder is in operational order and parts are available to begin. Once those are complete I would start the machine and begin inspecting and packing finished parts for further work. Throughtout the day I would be required to perform maintenance on the machine, as well as, keep detailed records.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zippo Manufacturing Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4