ZipRealty Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
QA Analyst/ Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAApril 22, 2016
Everyone there is extremely helpful. Fun place to work everyday, opportunity to advance is definitely there. Good benefits, including gym and health, cell phone, etc.
Fun workplace with lots of opportunities to grow
QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAApril 10, 2016
Great place to work with ambitios and knowledgeable guys, every day is an opportunity to learn something new, develop your skills
Cost
Realtor/Broker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 7, 2016
Marketing and unqualified leads kept agents chasing clod and unverified leads. Support team uncaring to complaints. Followup from area brokers didn't happen.
Pros
Set own work hours
Cons
given unqualified leads
Independent Real Estate
Licensed MA Realtor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2016
Good place to start your Real Estate career. You are given leads a lot of them you have to filter through. A lot of these leads will help you sharpen your Real Estate knowledge, client relationship building and business acumen.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Very little team work enviroment.
Good place to get your feet wet.
Real Estate Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I joined Zip because I was new to the area and needed some company generated leads. Their online platform is fantastic for consumers. But that is part of the problem for the agents. It's so good that many home buyers use the platform to find homes and don't use the agents. There are a lot of 'Looky Lou's' and will not call the agents back so we waste a lot of time with non-serious home buyers.
Pros
some leads
Cons
alot of the leads are not good leads
great support
REALTOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2015
Owned by Coldwell Banker and have the same exact system. Training, education and digital support. Great work environment.
Co Owner
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Foxboro MAMarch 6, 2015
• I co founded this company to gain the experience of owning and operating my own business.
• I prospected new clients as well as maintained exsting accounts.
• In my first year I met and exceeded my goals based on my sales plan.
Friendly atmosphere
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  ConcordJanuary 27, 2015
The company was new and innovative. Had a good training process and the management team always seemed to be there to answer any and all questions.
Not a great place to work, because of the management
Agent (Former Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 22, 2014
Very nice agents to work with, but the management treats the agents like employee's and you feel like you are in a day camp. The compensation is great if you are just starting in the business, and need to get your feet wet, but there is no support nor help, you are pretty much on your own. For anyone that has been a agent for any period of time will feel like you are working for them and have very little in your pockets to show for your efforts. District management does not seem to know what "independent contrator" stands for. Thinks it means you are a paid employee.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
to much micro-management. commission split is awful.
Great Opportunity
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CAOctober 28, 2014
The technology this company has for the Realtor to use is the best.
and is a great company to work with.

Want to know more about ZipRealty?

Ask a question
Zip Realty later became FLorida Luxury Realty
Real Estate Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa and Trinity, FLoridaSeptember 10, 2014
I just combined real estate history to one employment. As a real estate agent, just like an independent adjuster, we are self employed sub contractors.

I like the real estate field for these aspects:Working with clients; being able to work from home as well as office and out on the road, negotiating and writing contracts and the work that went into creating a closing was fantastic. The work environment as far as the type of people I was working with was incredibly better than the machine shop environment. The only reason I feel I am not successful in real estate is the fact I don't like telemarketing, cold calling, knocking on doors, basically soliciting myself to create business. I feel more comfortable when the customer comes to me asking for help.
Free Leads
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2014
ZipRealty is an web based real estate company. I made my own schedule.
Real Estate Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 4, 2014
My primary function was to introduce this company to the distressed property market. I trained management on signing up with asset companies, completing BPO'S and procuring listings.
Pros
new experience.
Cons
culture was negative.
Good brokerage to hang your license with, especially if you're new.
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Sonoma CountyMay 16, 2014
Real estate brokerage on the cutting edge of internet marketing technology. An agent need not spend a dime on marketing, although he is free to do so. No brick and mortar offices. Work from home.
Pros
free leads, excellent computer work platform.
Cons
less than generous commission split, sales meetings are too far from my location..
Great technology
Real Estate Salesperson - Rayhnam MA (Current Employee) –  Raynham MAMay 6, 2014
Lacks in the training department. Technology is well accepted and leads maintained.
fun place to work
Real Estate Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 8, 2014
Awesome company, lots of incentive and opportunity. Any new in the businness or real estate should begin here to get a fresh supply of leads and technology that keeps you current i the marketplace.
Pros
numerous leads
Cons
commission
Good work environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Very good work/life balance, compensation was average. Good teamwork.
Dont waste your time and energy
Sales Assosiate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2014
Working for this company is a lose-lose situation. the following happens:
1. no support from management
2. They assign you old leads, or leads with no phone number or the wrong e mail address to contact the clients.
3. You don't sell properties so they don't give you any new leads. Impossible to sell any of the leads they give you. OLD OUTDATED or BURNED OUT since they have been in their system for YEARS.
4. when you actually sell a property (probably from your own clients) they take 60% of your commission!! they take 20% of the top and other mysterious charges and so on.
You want to complain or ask a question so you call the headquarters and NO ONE answers the phone except for the operator that will transfer to someone you can leave a voice mail and you will NEVER hear back from them. All is through e mail if you are lucky.
If you want to lose your time energy and effort follow this advice DO NOT WORK for Zip Realty!
Cons
read the above review
Zip Realty
assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work is answering phones filing papers ,and writing letter.
Pros
i enjoyed the work space i was in
Cons
i have nun
Good Company
Realtor/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 21, 2014
ZipRealty is a great company for the go getter that is getting into the Real Estate Market. Daily leads with a great platform in which they have made it easy to convert them into an actual buyer.
Pros
great leads, company software is very user friendly
Cons
not much of a culture, daily emails at most