ZipRealty

ZipRealty Employer Reviews

Zip Realty later became FLorida Luxury Realty
Real Estate Sales Agent (Former Employee), Tampa and Trinity, FLoridaSeptember 10, 2014
I just combined real estate history to one employment. As a real estate agent, just like an independent adjuster, we are self employed sub contractors.

I like the real estate field for these aspects:Working with clients; being able to work from home as well as office and out on the road, negotiating and writing contracts and the work that went into – more... creating a closing was fantastic. The work environment as far as the type of people I was working with was incredibly better than the machine shop environment. The only reason I feel I am not successful in real estate is the fact I don't like telemarketing, cold calling, knocking on doors, basically soliciting myself to create business. I feel more comfortable when the customer comes to me asking for help. – less
Free Leads
Realtor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2014
ZipRealty is an web based real estate company. I made my own schedule.
Real Estate Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 4, 2014
Pros: new experience.
Cons: culture was negative.
My primary function was to introduce this company to the distressed property market. I trained management on signing up with asset companies, completing BPO'S and procuring listings.
Good brokerage to hang your license with, especially if you're new.
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee), Sonoma CountyMay 16, 2014
Pros: free leads, excellent computer work platform.
Cons: less than generous commission split, sales meetings are too far from my location..
Real estate brokerage on the cutting edge of internet marketing technology. An agent need not spend a dime on marketing, although he is free to do so. No brick and mortar offices. Work from home.
Great technology
Real Estate Salesperson - Rayhnam MA (Current Employee), Raynham MAMay 6, 2014
Lacks in the training department. Technology is well accepted and leads maintained.
fun place to work
Real Estate Sales Agent (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 8, 2014
Pros: numerous leads
Cons: commission
Awesome company, lots of incentive and opportunity. Any new in the businness or real estate should begin here to get a fresh supply of leads and technology that keeps you current i the marketplace.
Good work environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Very good work/life balance, compensation was average. Good teamwork.
Dont waste your time and energy
Sales Assosiate (Former Employee), CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2014
Cons: read the above review
Working for this company is a lose-lose situation. the following happens:
1. no support from management
2. They assign you old leads, or leads with no phone number or the wrong e mail address to contact the clients.
3. You don't sell properties so they don't give you any new leads. Impossible to sell any of the leads they give you. OLD OUTDATED or BURNED – more... OUT since they have been in their system for YEARS.
4. when you actually sell a property (probably from your own clients) they take 60% of your commission!! they take 20% of the top and other mysterious charges and so on.
You want to complain or ask a question so you call the headquarters and NO ONE answers the phone except for the operator that will transfer to someone you can leave a voice mail and you will NEVER hear back from them. All is through e mail if you are lucky.
If you want to lose your time energy and effort follow this advice DO NOT WORK for Zip Realty! – less
Zip Realty
assistant (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed the work space i was in
Cons: i have nun
A typical day at work is answering phones filing papers ,and writing letter.
Good Company
Realtor/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great leads, company software is very user friendly
Cons: not much of a culture, daily emails at most
ZipRealty is a great company for the go getter that is getting into the Real Estate Market. Daily leads with a great platform in which they have made it easy to convert them into an actual buyer.
Great Product, Great People
Client Care Support/Front Desk Reception (Current Employee), Emeryville, CADecember 11, 2013
Pros: great people, 95% polite client base, flexilbe, knowledgable and helpful staff
Cons: not able to advance in the company without a degree or vocational training
At Ziprealty you get to help people navigate through the website and Mobile App. The Call Center environment is more of a family setting than a work setting. Management is diligent in providing all the knowledge for you to succeed at your job with a "No Person Left Behind" policy and an "Open Door" Policy at all times. The Hardest part of this job are – more... the times where you are not able to find a solution for a customer's problem. Unfortunately not all problems can be solved and some things are out of the sphere of your control. The Best part of this job is that all Ideas from customer feed back to employee suggestions on how to improve the website functionality and Mobile App functions are always heard and a lot of them are implemented in the product. – less
Teamwork and commraderie made the low wages bearable.
Realtor (Former Employee), Towson, MDDecember 5, 2013
Pros: great decorating ideas and met nice people looking to buy homes.
Cons: no base salary, commission sales only, expensive fees and dues.
Daily meetings and training groups at office. Learned valuable information on how to purchase a new home. Office staff very helpful and supportive in completing contracts and maintaining files and documents for closings. Hardworking group clocking over 60 hours weekly. Very demanding schedule and client needs. Loved viewing new homes everyday!
Excellent real estate company to work for
Realtor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2013
Company provides the leads and the tools to become successful in real estate as long as you are truly looking to be successful.
Good Company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJuly 27, 2013
Cons: you will like you job so much you won't want to go home
Good culture, great company good benefits, outstanding website.
Too much control
Realtor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2013
Pros: lots and lots of leads this is the best thing about ziprealty
Cons: you have a supervisor but yet you are self employeed
When I worked at Ziprealty, I was an Independent agent but they treated you like an employee, without the benefits of an hour salary.
Better than standard brokerage IF you dont have big SOI to count on.
Realtor (Former Employee), Grapevine, TexasApril 8, 2013
There are pluses and minuses to working with ZipRealty;
No overhead and plenty of convertible leads is a big plus. A team leader that cares and wants you to succeed. Colleagues that have your back and help you if and when you need it. No monthly office fees of any kind and you make your own hours.
The downside? Working at home in seclusion, no office – more... to go to. The management comes and goes like a revolving door with an ever changing platform to relearn. Terrible split with older agents grandfathered into a better deal leaving newbies feeling jipped. No training to speak of. Leads that are less than ideal can run you ragged unless your good and weeding through them. Hardest part of job is the time spent on the computer working leads. Lots and lots of time on the computer & phone working leads with lots of dead ends. Zip is buyer heavy so if you do not like being a buyer's agent go elsewhere. Plus all the inherent problems that normally goes with the industry.
What did I learn? My advice if you are new? Start on a big successful team and build up confidence, learn the ropes first. Real estate has lots of problems and sometimes I felt like I was over my head with no one around to help me. – less
Great real estate company!
Realtor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2013
Pros: broker, colleagues, environment, opportunity to grow
Cons: split
Zip is one of the best real estate companies that I have ever worked for. They really care about their staff and clients. The software working platform is far beyond the competitors.
I wish I would have found Zip 3yrs. ago.
Realtor (Current Employee), Culver CityJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: leads
Cons: haven't found any yet
I joined Zip 3 month ago after 2 yrs with KW. After 3 months of working with Zip I'm currently working with 4 buyers and I have a listing hitting the market next month. The Seller has to sell and buy. I like Zip because I don't feel like I’m being nickeled and dimed. No upfront fees. If you work the leads you can succeed. I came from KW where I paid – more... $220 a month and I didn't have a desk $40 for parking and not to mention .10 for printing and if you wanted to see what properties your buyer was looking for on your website...you guessed it another fee and no leads for 2yrs.
At Zip it's all FREE!
I have a one on one meeting with the office manger once a week. We put together a plan and I'm working the plan.
Leads no need to buy zip codes through other sites.
I have 4 buyers without doing a open house...;) and a seller without door knocking.
I wish I would have found Zip 3yrs. ago. – less
System Administrator (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: traveling
A very nice place to work and have a family. A relaxed environment that allowed you to pursue your career goals. I learned a great deal from people that I worked with and forged wonderful relationships.
comming out of collage the bridge they provide was really needed
Network Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: no health care
this company as helped me to understand the connection between the different part of out technical world. Though this company is not as big as twenty, there was still enough work and repairs that was needed to be done.

About ZipRealty

ZipRealty is a company built on meaningful innovation. We are energized by an ever-changing real estate market and the challenge – Read more