ZipRealty Employee Reviews

Flexible
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2017
Zip Realty is what you make it. You have to market, market, market, the referrals that comes in from the website is not an assure thing. Matter of fact its mostly lookers.
Intense
Broker/Realtor NC (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2017
I was new at RealEstate and needed to gain experience. It was a good starter company to learn everything you didn't learn in Real Estate school . Management was very poor and there was a lack of culture in the work place.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Too much request from management
Great People
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 10, 2017
This is an awesome company with great management and office environment. Some people are very successful but it can be rough on others. Commission based jobs just aren't for me, but if they're good for you, I recommend them.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Money can lack
productive positive workplace
District Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2017
ZipRealty was a fun positive work national real estate company. The pay and benefits were excellent. The upper management was very supportive. They provide great support for the team of recruiters.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Liked the online ability to use their CRM to gain real estate leads.
REALTOR (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 10, 2017
Great way to work with Zip providing client leads to you to follow up. Hardest part would be to sell and close a sale. I liked the ability to view homes and work with buyers.
Pros
CRM Database availability.
Cons
Commission only and no benefits.
Sales
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 26, 2017
Real estate is a tough gig and when a company wants to take more than half of what you've taken 3 months to earn its no fun!! Yes they give you leads but they take about 65% of that and if you bring in your own clients they still take about 60%
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
They take most of your hard earned commissions
Commission Only
Teller (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Very little opportunity provided to employees, commission only sales. One must be driven and able to work well independently. Lead generation is supplied, however, which is helpful.
Calm
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 11, 2017
Environment was calm, open and very employee driven. The relationship between the management and employees was very good. I would recommend this company for employment
Flexible work schedule and awesome group of people
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2016
Enjoyed working from home and being able to work my own schedule. Management was mostly available but if not I learned to lean on other co-workers. It's a sink-or-swim industry. The hardest part of the job is getting clients to return calls/emails. The enjoyed showing clients properties, but liked it most when they finally narrowed down their decision to one property. Closings were the best! ZipRealty *Houston* is a great company.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Commission only
Fun place to work
QA Analyst/ Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAApril 22, 2016
Everyone there is extremely helpful. Fun place to work everyday, opportunity to advance is definitely there. Good benefits, including gym and health, cell phone, etc.

Want to know more about ZipRealty?

Ask a question
Fun workplace with lots of opportunities to grow
QA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAApril 10, 2016
Great place to work with ambitios and knowledgeable guys, every day is an opportunity to learn something new, develop your skills
Cost
Realtor/Broker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 7, 2016
Marketing and unqualified leads kept agents chasing clod and unverified leads. Support team uncaring to complaints. Followup from area brokers didn't happen.
Pros
Set own work hours
Cons
given unqualified leads
Independent Real Estate
Licensed MA Realtor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 5, 2016
Good place to start your Real Estate career. You are given leads a lot of them you have to filter through. A lot of these leads will help you sharpen your Real Estate knowledge, client relationship building and business acumen.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Very little team work enviroment.
Good place to get your feet wet.
Real Estate Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I joined Zip because I was new to the area and needed some company generated leads. Their online platform is fantastic for consumers. But that is part of the problem for the agents. It's so good that many home buyers use the platform to find homes and don't use the agents. There are a lot of 'Looky Lou's' and will not call the agents back so we waste a lot of time with non-serious home buyers.
Pros
some leads
Cons
alot of the leads are not good leads
great support
REALTOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2015
Owned by Coldwell Banker and have the same exact system. Training, education and digital support. Great work environment.
Co Owner
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Foxboro MAMarch 6, 2015
• I co founded this company to gain the experience of owning and operating my own business.
• I prospected new clients as well as maintained exsting accounts.
• In my first year I met and exceeded my goals based on my sales plan.
Friendly atmosphere
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  ConcordJanuary 27, 2015
The company was new and innovative. Had a good training process and the management team always seemed to be there to answer any and all questions.
Not a great place to work, because of the management
Agent (Former Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 22, 2014
Very nice agents to work with, but the management treats the agents like employee's and you feel like you are in a day camp. The compensation is great if you are just starting in the business, and need to get your feet wet, but there is no support nor help, you are pretty much on your own. For anyone that has been a agent for any period of time will feel like you are working for them and have very little in your pockets to show for your efforts. District management does not seem to know what "independent contrator" stands for. Thinks it means you are a paid employee.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
To much micro-management. Commission split is awful.
Great Opportunity
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CAOctober 28, 2014
The technology this company has for the Realtor to use is the best.
and is a great company to work with.
Zip Realty later became FLorida Luxury Realty
Real Estate Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa and Trinity, FLoridaSeptember 10, 2014
I just combined real estate history to one employment. As a real estate agent, just like an independent adjuster, we are self employed sub contractors.

I like the real estate field for these aspects:Working with clients; being able to work from home as well as office and out on the road, negotiating and writing contracts and the work that went into creating a closing was fantastic. The work environment as far as the type of people I was working with was incredibly better than the machine shop environment. The only reason I feel I am not successful in real estate is the fact I don't like telemarketing, cold calling, knocking on doors, basically soliciting myself to create business. I feel more comfortable when the customer comes to me asking for help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZipRealty. Our community is ready to answer.