ZipRealty

ZipRealty Employee Reviews

Good place to get your feet wet.
Real Estate Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I joined Zip because I was new to the area and needed some company generated leads. Their online platform is fantastic for consumers. But that is part of the problem for the agents. It's so good that many home buyers use the platform to find homes and don't use the agents. There are a lot of 'Looky Lou's' and will not call the agents back so we waste a lot of time with non-serious home buyers.
Pros
some leads
Cons
alot of the leads are not good leads
great support
REALTOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2015
Owned by Coldwell Banker and have the same exact system. Training, education and digital support. Great work environment.
Co Owner
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Foxboro MAMarch 6, 2015
• I co founded this company to gain the experience of owning and operating my own business.
• I prospected new clients as well as maintained exsting accounts.
• In my first year I met and exceeded my goals based on my sales plan.
Friendly atmosphere
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  ConcordJanuary 27, 2015
The company was new and innovative. Had a good training process and the management team always seemed to be there to answer any and all questions.
Not a great place to work, because of the management
Agent (Former Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 22, 2014
Very nice agents to work with, but the management treats the agents like employee's and you feel like you are in a day camp. The compensation is great if you are just starting in the business, and need to get your feet wet, but there is no support nor help, you are pretty much on your own. For anyone that has been a agent for any period of time will feel like you are working for them and have very little in your pockets to show for your efforts. District management does not seem to know what "independent contrator" stands for. Thinks it means you are a paid employee.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
to much micro-management. commission split is awful.
Great Opportunity
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CAOctober 28, 2014
The technology this company has for the Realtor to use is the best.
and is a great company to work with.
Zip Realty later became FLorida Luxury Realty
Real Estate Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa and Trinity, FLoridaSeptember 10, 2014
I just combined real estate history to one employment. As a real estate agent, just like an independent adjuster, we are self employed sub contractors.

I like the real estate field for these aspects:Working with clients; being able to work from home as well as office and out on the road, negotiating and writing contracts and the work that went into creating a closing was fantastic. The work environment as far as the type of people I was working with was incredibly better than the machine shop environment. The only reason I feel I am not successful in real estate is the fact I don't like telemarketing, cold calling, knocking on doors, basically soliciting myself to create business. I feel more comfortable when the customer comes to me asking for help.
Free Leads
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2014
ZipRealty is an web based real estate company. I made my own schedule.
Real Estate Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 4, 2014
My primary function was to introduce this company to the distressed property market. I trained management on signing up with asset companies, completing BPO'S and procuring listings.
Pros
new experience.
Cons
culture was negative.
Good brokerage to hang your license with, especially if you're new.
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Sonoma CountyMay 16, 2014
Real estate brokerage on the cutting edge of internet marketing technology. An agent need not spend a dime on marketing, although he is free to do so. No brick and mortar offices. Work from home.
Pros
free leads, excellent computer work platform.
Cons
less than generous commission split, sales meetings are too far from my location..
Great technology
Real Estate Salesperson - Rayhnam MA (Current Employee) –  Raynham MAMay 6, 2014
Lacks in the training department. Technology is well accepted and leads maintained.
fun place to work
Real Estate Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDApril 8, 2014
Awesome company, lots of incentive and opportunity. Any new in the businness or real estate should begin here to get a fresh supply of leads and technology that keeps you current i the marketplace.
Pros
numerous leads
Cons
commission
Good work environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Very good work/life balance, compensation was average. Good teamwork.
Dont waste your time and energy
Sales Assosiate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2014
Working for this company is a lose-lose situation. the following happens:
1. no support from management
2. They assign you old leads, or leads with no phone number or the wrong e mail address to contact the clients.
3. You don't sell properties so they don't give you any new leads. Impossible to sell any of the leads they give you. OLD OUTDATED or BURNED OUT since they have been in their system for YEARS.
4. when you actually sell a property (probably from your own clients) they take 60% of your commission!! they take 20% of the top and other mysterious charges and so on.
You want to complain or ask a question so you call the headquarters and NO ONE answers the phone except for the operator that will transfer to someone you can leave a voice mail and you will NEVER hear back from them. All is through e mail if you are lucky.
If you want to lose your time energy and effort follow this advice DO NOT WORK for Zip Realty!
Cons
read the above review
Zip Realty
assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work is answering phones filing papers ,and writing letter.
Pros
i enjoyed the work space i was in
Cons
i have nun
Good Company
Realtor/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 21, 2014
ZipRealty is a great company for the go getter that is getting into the Real Estate Market. Daily leads with a great platform in which they have made it easy to convert them into an actual buyer.
Pros
great leads, company software is very user friendly
Cons
not much of a culture, daily emails at most
Great Product, Great People
Client Care Support/Front Desk Reception (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CADecember 11, 2013
At Ziprealty you get to help people navigate through the website and Mobile App. The Call Center environment is more of a family setting than a work setting. Management is diligent in providing all the knowledge for you to succeed at your job with a "No Person Left Behind" policy and an "Open Door" Policy at all times. The Hardest part of this job are the times where you are not able to find a solution for a customer's problem. Unfortunately not all problems can be solved and some things are out of the sphere of your control. The Best part of this job is that all Ideas from customer feed back to employee suggestions on how to improve the website functionality and Mobile App functions are always heard and a lot of them are implemented in the product.
Pros
great people, 95% polite client base, flexilbe, knowledgable and helpful staff
Cons
not able to advance in the company without a degree or vocational training
Teamwork and commraderie made the low wages bearable.
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 5, 2013
Daily meetings and training groups at office. Learned valuable information on how to purchase a new home. Office staff very helpful and supportive in completing contracts and maintaining files and documents for closings. Hardworking group clocking over 60 hours weekly. Very demanding schedule and client needs. Loved viewing new homes everyday!
Pros
great decorating ideas and met nice people looking to buy homes.
Cons
no base salary, commission sales only, expensive fees and dues.
Excellent real estate company to work for
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2013
Company provides the leads and the tools to become successful in real estate as long as you are truly looking to be successful.
Good Company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 27, 2013
Good culture, great company good benefits, outstanding website.
Cons
you will like you job so much you won't want to go home