Zoës Kitchen

Zoës Kitchen Employee Reviews

Culture Built on Sharing the Goodness
Area Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 21, 2015
Pros: The people and culture created
Cons: 3rd Party Delivery and no CRM in place for catering
• A typical day included 1 hour of morning prospecting, Game Plan review, tastings, marketing, branding, and store visits
• The most valuable tool I learned was time management
• The hardest part of my job was client retention due to late third party delivery service, and missed catering orders at the store level without a CRM in place
• The most enjoyable part of my job was performing public speaking, tastings, building relationships with media, and connecting with clients
Great restaurant, lacks competent management
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Chandler AZJuly 17, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: management
Getting too corporate too quickly. When i started it felt like working for family and that they really cared about me. the GM that hired me was promoted and his replacement treats the employees like slaves and expects them to work harder that he does when he make over 50k plus bonuses a year and they make 10/hr or less... also new GM does not care about employees sees them as disposable.
Do not work here!
Host (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Plenty of time off
Cons: Nothing
Good luck getting 20 hrs a week! The company wants you to go out of your way to make their brand shine, but does not care that you actually have to earn a living.
responsible organized and punctual
Kitchen Leader (Current Employee), kegtlant blv gaitesburg mdJuly 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch god manager
Cons: to far from home
The difficult part of this job is that I have to drive three hours to work here but the fellowship and the work is very good work very well with the times
Hard working yet rewarding work place
Cook (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: It collided with my school schedule
This was possibly the best job I've had yet and it was nice to have coworkers who respected you and trusted you with a pretty hard and fast paced task: cooking.
Zoe's
General Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 30, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance
Cons: not much
Zoe's has a great culture and serves an amazing product, I have been very happy to be a part of this growing company. I am looking to move away from the food service industry
n/a
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 28, 2015
Zoe's Kitchen is a great company to work for, I enjoy working there! I have learned there is so much to running a successful restaurant.
Fun on the store level but Corporate needs some help!
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 23, 2015
The RM and DM's need to be in the stores more often. There is a lot of favoritism and one-sided views/opinions on the corporate level with this company.
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 22, 2015
I met a lot of great people and really enjoyed the people I met at the job. Working at the Zoe's Kitchen gave me more experience with customer service and more knowledge of how to interact with people.
A typical day at work
Asistant Manager (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 9, 2015
Pros: I get a free meal every shift i work
Cons: lack of benefits
Everyday at work a made a commitment to myself and that was to always lead by example and to work hard. Doing that it made everyone respect me because I proved to them that I am apart of your team and I am willing to do the same work I ask you to do.
Awesome!
Server/Host (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJune 7, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, happy people, amazing coworkers, good vibes
Amazing company to work for. Everyone there is filled with good spirits and attitudes. The managers are always looking out for their employees and making sure they're happy. It is a very positive work environment and the food is amazing.
Great company with growing pains.
General Manager (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant SCMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good pay, benefits, lots of opportunities.
Cons: Not enough management per store. You are part of the labor and daily plan. A lot of work.
There's a lot going for Zoes. Advancement opportunities, good pay, benefits, and more. However with all the growth, focus gets lost at times. Stores that aren't about to open or in the first 6 months of open aren't important anymore.
Great fast growing company
General Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 28, 2015
Wonderful company with a great culture. Some transitioning into the operations model from usual restaurant systems.Great place to show your experience and thrive.Good stuff!
fun workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Rockville, MDApril 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, flexible hours
Cons: health care, no vacation days
On a typical work day you will handle a lot of catering orders prior to the opening lunch rush. The management team here is great. All of my coworkers are very helpful and fun to work with. The hardest part of the day would have to be the occasional unhappy customer.
Okay workplace while in school
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCApril 9, 2015
Pros: Pay, scheduling
Cons: Management
okay place to work, overall good experience, a lot of younger co-workers, management is "eh." Hardest part - dealing with staff, the most enjoyable part is dealing with the regular customers.
good food
Host, Cashier, Busser (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2015
their food is really good with fast-paced service and the people there are really nice and fast. I really liked it there.
Fairly New Restaurant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at work would include facilitating the employees during preparation times, recording the amount of product and fulfilling new orders, as well as handling any payroll issues.
Fun place to work!
Hostess (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free meal any time you work and great hours.
Cons: no benefits and you stand for long periods at a time.
It is a fun social job where everyone is considered family and friends. We all make work fun and always help each other in any position if needed. Great food and customers as well.
One of my favorite...
Part time-Nanny (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2015
places to work! I was in the before/after school program for a short time before working towards my Associate's and this job set up what I'd want to do for the future! I plan to become an elementary school teacher with my roots being what I love to do, and the Y.M.C.A employing me for the before/after school care program.
wonderful family life at this wrok place
host/cashier/cook/disher(floater) (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benifits
I love the air here, the people from the cooks to the front house workers and managers are all great just life a big family.
I jog to work everyday smiling, always on time and deliver a personality that is outstanding. reviews are made about me highly to this store.
Headquarters
Plano, TX
Employees
1,001 to 5,000
Industry
Links
Zoës Kitchen website
Check out our why you should work for Zoes!

Facebook