Zoës Kitchen

Zoës Kitchen United States Employee Reviews

Great company with growing pains.
General Manager (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant SCMay 2, 2015
Pros: Good pay, benefits, lots of opportunities.
Cons: Not enough management per store. You are part of the labor and daily plan. A lot of work.
There's a lot going for Zoes. Advancement opportunities, good pay, benefits, and more. However with all the growth, focus gets lost at times. Stores that aren't about to open or in the first 6 months of open aren't important anymore.
Great fast growing company
General Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 28, 2015
Wonderful company with a great culture. Some transitioning into the operations model from usual restaurant systems.Great place to show your experience and thrive.Good stuff!
fun workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Rockville, MDApril 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches, flexible hours
Cons: health care, no vacation days
On a typical work day you will handle a lot of catering orders prior to the opening lunch rush. The management team here is great. All of my coworkers are very helpful and fun to work with. The hardest part of the day would have to be the occasional unhappy customer.
Okay workplace while in school
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCApril 9, 2015
Pros: Pay, scheduling
Cons: Management
okay place to work, overall good experience, a lot of younger co-workers, management is "eh." Hardest part - dealing with staff, the most enjoyable part is dealing with the regular customers.
good food
Host, Cashier, Busser (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 21, 2015
their food is really good with fast-paced service and the people there are really nice and fast. I really liked it there.
Fairly New Restaurant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2015
A typical day at work would include facilitating the employees during preparation times, recording the amount of product and fulfilling new orders, as well as handling any payroll issues.
Fun place to work!
Hostess (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: free meal any time you work and great hours.
Cons: no benefits and you stand for long periods at a time.
It is a fun social job where everyone is considered family and friends. We all make work fun and always help each other in any position if needed. Great food and customers as well.
One of my favorite...
Part time-Nanny (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 26, 2015
places to work! I was in the before/after school program for a short time before working towards my Associate's and this job set up what I'd want to do for the future! I plan to become an elementary school teacher with my roots being what I love to do, and the Y.M.C.A employing me for the before/after school care program.
wonderful family life at this wrok place
host/cashier/cook/disher(floater) (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no benifits
I love the air here, the people from the cooks to the front house workers and managers are all great just life a big family.
I jog to work everyday smiling, always on time and deliver a personality that is outstanding. reviews are made about me highly to this store.
Review
Shift Leader, Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
OK place to work if you like the hospitality industry and are a looking to make a few extra bucks. No work/life balance.
Exciting work environment with friendly customers and customer service
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Collegeville, PADecember 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay, great work relations, friendly customers
A typical day at work would mean various things depending on the shift worked. On days where I worked lunch it would mean coming in a few minutes early to help put together take-home tubs of our side dishes, chicken salad, etc. then handling Primary Register and filling dressing cups. On longer shifts or night shift days, it would mean cleaning as we go, customer relations and services, primary register and serving, then cleaning post-shift. I learned how to work with a team, build customer relations, be a good representation of a company, etc. The management was pretty decent, and my co-workers were lovely and fun to be around. The hardest part was dealing with angry customers, but the most enjoyable part was seeing the product of making a customer happy or solving the issue at hand.
great atmosphere
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: family enviroment
Cons: there was kwon
very busy enviroment, management was very helpful they treated you with respect as individuals
They are what they say
General Manager (Former Employee), Fortworth TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: 45 to 50 hour week. great upper managent
Cons: pay could be a little better
If I had a choice I would work for them again. They care about quality of life for their employee. Pay might not be as much but they make it up in other compensations. Great food all benefits paid by them. Cant say I ever had any issues.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaAugust 28, 2014
Organized training and time spent on learning the advancment possibilities
Dishwasher
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2014
Clean all in house dishes, and take out all trash in the building.
Fun atmosphere and amazing food
Cashier (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 17, 2014
Take customers’ orders, keep store clean and organized, answer phone calls, and bring food to tables happily and fast
Great Experience
Host, Cashier, Busser (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 1, 2014
Learned a lot of new things and more experience and just life4 lessons working there in a new atmosphere with new people and new customers it is very different from McDonalds while still being in food industry. Zoe's helped me climb the food industry a little high.
Hard work little pay
Cook (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 6, 2014
Not much help but a real simple job. Easy to do but you WILL work hard. Management is okay at best. The best part of the job is the free meal.
Good
Cashier/Host (Former Employee), University Park, TXMay 1, 2014
Slow paced. Most of the time we worked individually and I was very independent reliable.
Love the food and atmosphere at Zoes Kitchen
Catering Sales & Market Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2014
Pros: free food!
Cons: long drive
ZK has been a great place to work, but I am tired of driving into the Buckhead area. Traffic from my home to work has made me decide to leave and pursue a new career.

About Zoës Kitchen

Zoës Kitchen, a rapidly growing, fast-casual restaurant concept with fresh and tasty Mediterranean-inspired cuisine served – Read more

Zoës Kitchen Salaries