Zoës Kitchen

Zoës Kitchen Employer Reviews

Review
Shift Leader, Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2015
OK place to work if you like the hospitality industry and are a looking to make a few extra bucks. No work/life balance.
Exciting work environment with friendly customers and customer service
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Collegeville, PADecember 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay, great work relations, friendly customers
A typical day at work would mean various things depending on the shift worked. On days where I worked lunch it would mean coming in a few minutes early to help put together take-home tubs of our side dishes, chicken salad, etc. then handling Primary Register and filling dressing cups. On longer shifts or night shift days, it would mean cleaning as we go, customer relations and services, primary register and serving, then cleaning post-shift. I learned how to work with a team, build customer relations, be a good representation of a company, etc. The management was pretty decent, and my co-workers were lovely and fun to be around. The hardest part was dealing with angry customers, but the most enjoyable part was seeing the product of making a customer happy or solving the issue at hand.
great atmosphere
Grill Cook (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: family enviroment
Cons: there was kwon
very busy enviroment, management was very helpful they treated you with respect as individuals
They are what they say
General Manager (Former Employee), Fortworth TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: 45 to 50 hour week. great upper managent
Cons: pay could be a little better
If I had a choice I would work for them again. They care about quality of life for their employee. Pay might not be as much but they make it up in other compensations. Great food all benefits paid by them. Cant say I ever had any issues.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaAugust 28, 2014
Organized training and time spent on learning the advancment possibilities
Dishwasher
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2014
Clean all in house dishes, and take out all trash in the building.
Fun atmosphere and amazing food
Cashier (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 17, 2014
Take customers’ orders, keep store clean and organized, answer phone calls, and bring food to tables happily and fast
Great Experience
Host, Cashier, Busser (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 1, 2014
Learned a lot of new things and more experience and just life4 lessons working there in a new atmosphere with new people and new customers it is very different from McDonalds while still being in food industry. Zoe's helped me climb the food industry a little high.
Hard work little pay
Cook (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 6, 2014
Not much help but a real simple job. Easy to do but you WILL work hard. Management is okay at best. The best part of the job is the free meal.
Good
Cashier/Host (Former Employee), University Park, TXMay 1, 2014
Slow paced. Most of the time we worked individually and I was very independent reliable.
Love the food and atmosphere at Zoes Kitchen
Catering Sales & Market Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2014
Pros: free food!
Cons: long drive
ZK has been a great place to work, but I am tired of driving into the Buckhead area. Traffic from my home to work has made me decide to leave and pursue a new career.
Friendly Workplace with opportunities
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2014
Zoe's Kitchen is a fast-paced, energetic workplace that really keeps you busy. I worked in the back doing prep work and in the front as a supervisor. I enjoyed learning about the restaurant industry and I love talking to people everyday. The food is delicious and the shifts aren't over-demanding.
Nice work enviroment with nice people
Cashier/Host/Server (Former Employee), Collegeville, PaMarch 15, 2014
Pros: working with good people, good pay
Cons: long hours, very busy at times but made time pass fast
I liked the hours I worked and the people I worked with. It was all about making sure the customer was happy and that's what I love doing.
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fun place to work
Cons: only health benefits for salaries
I usually worked at nights for only five hours after I had classes. I worked the front with one other person. I made sure food went out correctly and in a timely manner with both take out and for dining in. I counted the deposits and took it to the bank every week. I made sure sanitation procedures were used correctly. I met many regulars who came into the restaurant from them living in the apartment complex above us and in the shopping center where other people worked. After the other employees left at night when finished their closing duties, I finished up mine and locked and closed up the restaurant.
Laid back workplace
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks unless you do a double, no benefits
Laid back co-workers and managers. Our location is the busiest so it's stressful during it's peak hours but as long as everyone keeps calm, it's good. I was at least able to better my customer service. Managers may say things vaguely to where you're not sure what you should do or make promises that aren't kept. Best part was how much fun we all have with each other.
Fun, Good Pay, Hard Driving
Cook (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good pay, management
Cons: language barrier (spanish mainly)
This is a good job. There is a lot of diversity in the day to day interactions. Be prepared to work.
Fun, exciting, high energy!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Working for Zoes Kitchen has been great!
The place has a positive vibe, the managers are great!
If you're looking for advancement, if you fit the match consider yourself advanced. My co-workers are dependable, always on time and love their job as well. Being a shift leader has really taught me a lot working for Zoes.
Great restaurant concept combining food made from scratch with the efficiency of a fast food restaurant.
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 19, 2013
All aspects of restaurant management.
I enjoyed the fast pace of the restaurant while combing full service with meals that take no more than 12 minutes to prepare.
It was fun to order food through different vendors, write schedules, hire and train people.
I love working with people and customer service.
Average place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good schedule
Cons: low pay, lack of consistent performance feedback
The food is average, the culture is average, management is average. Nothing really lovable or hatable.
Great Atmosphere and Fun Place to work
General Manager (Current Employee), Katy, TXJuly 7, 2013
Pros: free employee meals and paid vacations
Cons: healthcare cost and no 401k
Zoe's Kitchen is a great place to start ones career. The company is growing rapidly so the opportunity for advancement is there. The pay scale is low and the benefits are very average. No 401k provided. Great people to work with and work for.

About Zoës Kitchen

Zoës Kitchen, a rapidly growing, fast-casual restaurant concept with fresh and tasty Mediterranean-inspired cuisine served – Read more