Zoës Kitchen

Zoës Kitchen Employer Reviews

Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaAugust 28, 2014
Organized training and time spent on learning the advancment possibilities
Dishwasher
Dish Washer (Former Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2014
Clean all in house dishes, and take out all trash in the building.
Fun atmosphere and amazing food
Cashier (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 17, 2014
Take customers’ orders, keep store clean and organized, answer phone calls, and bring food to tables happily and fast
Great Experience
Host, Cashier, Busser (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 1, 2014
Learned a lot of new things and more experience and just life4 lessons working there in a new atmosphere with new people and new customers it is very different from McDonalds while still being in food industry. Zoe's helped me climb the food industry a little high.
Hard work little pay
Cook (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMay 6, 2014
Not much help but a real simple job. Easy to do but you WILL work hard. Management is okay at best. The best part of the job is the free meal.
Good
Cashier/Host (Former Employee), University Park, TXMay 1, 2014
Slow paced. Most of the time we worked individually and I was very independent reliable.
Love the food and atmosphere at Zoes Kitchen
Catering Sales & Market Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2014
Pros: free food!
Cons: long drive
ZK has been a great place to work, but I am tired of driving into the Buckhead area. Traffic from my home to work has made me decide to leave and pursue a new career.
Friendly Workplace with opportunities
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2014
Zoe's Kitchen is a fast-paced, energetic workplace that really keeps you busy. I worked in the back doing prep work and in the front as a supervisor. I enjoyed learning about the restaurant industry and I love talking to people everyday. The food is delicious and the shifts aren't over-demanding.
Nice work enviroment with nice people
Cashier/Host/Server (Former Employee), Collegeville, PaMarch 15, 2014
Pros: working with good people, good pay
Cons: long hours, very busy at times but made time pass fast
I liked the hours I worked and the people I worked with. It was all about making sure the customer was happy and that's what I love doing.
Fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: free lunches, fun place to work
Cons: only health benefits for salaries
I usually worked at nights for only five hours after I had classes. I worked the front with one other person. I made sure food went out correctly and in a timely manner with both take out and for dining in. I counted the deposits and took it to the bank every week. I made sure sanitation procedures were used correctly. I met many regulars who came into – more... the restaurant from them living in the apartment complex above us and in the shopping center where other people worked. After the other employees left at night when finished their closing duties, I finished up mine and locked and closed up the restaurant. – less
Laid back workplace
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks unless you do a double, no benefits
Laid back co-workers and managers. Our location is the busiest so it's stressful during it's peak hours but as long as everyone keeps calm, it's good. I was at least able to better my customer service. Managers may say things vaguely to where you're not sure what you should do or make promises that aren't kept. Best part was how much fun we all have – more... with each other. – less
Fun, Good Pay, Hard Driving
Cook (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good pay, management
Cons: language barrier (spanish mainly)
This is a good job. There is a lot of diversity in the day to day interactions. Be prepared to work.
Fun, exciting, high energy!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Working for Zoes Kitchen has been great!
The place has a positive vibe, the managers are great!
If you're looking for advancement, if you fit the match consider yourself advanced. My co-workers are dependable, always on time and love their job as well. Being a shift leader has really taught me a lot working for Zoes.
Great restaurant concept combining food made from scratch with the efficiency of a fast food restaurant.
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 19, 2013
All aspects of restaurant management.
I enjoyed the fast pace of the restaurant while combing full service with meals that take no more than 12 minutes to prepare.
It was fun to order food through different vendors, write schedules, hire and train people.
I love working with people and customer service.
Average place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good schedule
Cons: low pay, lack of consistent performance feedback
The food is average, the culture is average, management is average. Nothing really lovable or hatable.
Great Atmosphere and Fun Place to work
General Manager (Current Employee), Katy, TXJuly 7, 2013
Pros: free employee meals and paid vacations
Cons: healthcare cost and no 401k
Zoe's Kitchen is a great place to start ones career. The company is growing rapidly so the opportunity for advancement is there. The pay scale is low and the benefits are very average. No 401k provided. Great people to work with and work for.
Means Well
General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 9, 2013
Pros: good salary, with very decent bonus struction, free food, no late nights
Cons: growing pains almost make it not worth it
This company means well but is growing so rapidly that the growing pains you feel within the stores is rough.
Where do I start....?
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Cinco Ranch, KatyMay 28, 2013
Pros: free meals
Cons: management, lack of pay, lack of hours, unprofessional attitude from other shift leads
Zoes promotes a Work/Life Balance that quickly disappears as soon as you're hired. The Managers will change shifts on you quite often, even a few hours before the end of the day. No set schedule,and management plays favorites to choose who gets the most hours or weekends off. I was lied to in the beginning about how much I was going to get paid because – more... I used to run an entire retail chain by myself. When I confronted my management team they told me they never said that they would get me more, and that I was "mistaken". The management team I had above me worked in the food industry for over 15 years (they said) but I later found out they had no clue on how to run a business. I worked 25 miles away, and often showed up to work when I was told to go home because there was a scheduling conflict. Anyone working at the time could have called to let me know. They didn't. I was promised we close at 9pm, and would be out by 9:30pm. Truth is, when you're closing, expect to be there until 11pm to 12. The latest I ever got out was 1am. We had over 5 people quit the first two weeks we opened. This put a strain on running things smoothly. More times than once a week we would have customers get up, get their refund and leave because of an error in the kitchen, error on their order or because their food was too cold. It's fun at first, but after a month it's old. – less
Zoe's Kitchen
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 18, 2012
On a typical day I would take peoples orders at the cash register. Or if a customers food was ready I would bring it out to their table. When I was not dealing with customers I would be making sure the restaurant was nice and clean, including the restrooms. I helped refill the dressings and assist making the pita chips.
I really enjoyed working with – more... all of my co-workers and I got along with all of management. – less
Fun workplace
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee), Fairview, TXJuly 22, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low commission
Over all a good place to work, great work/life balance as catering sales manager.

About Zoës Kitchen

Zoës Kitchen, a rapidly growing, fast-casual restaurant concept with fresh and tasty Mediterranean-inspired cuisine served – Read more