ZocDoc Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere in an up and coming company
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed my time at ZocDoc however the location just wasn't for me. With the combination of getting to the train then the train ride to the city, then the subways, the commute could take upwards of 90 minutes to 2 hours if I missed a train because I stayed late at work to finish things up. I don't wish to live in NYC so I left to find work closer to home
Pros
fun environment, great healthcare, good support system
Cons
The commute was horrible
A Typical Day at Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2015
Start my day by organizing and listing my 60-80 cold calls per day with various prospecting techniques.
Utilized search demos, multi-faceted appointment reports
Awesome Benefits! AMAZING CULTURE!
Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 29, 2015
Incredible company with the best benefits you will ever come across and best company culture known to man. If you get the chance to work at ZocDoc TAKE IT!
ZocDocs job culture is very vibrant. I learned and gained alot there, but their mangament skills for the facility workers were poor.
Facilities Associate/ Lunch Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
ZocDoc has a very welcoming and friendly job culture. I was responsible for a whole floor for about a year before we received help due to expansion. I was responsible for the ten plus conference rooms, the six bathrooms, the cafeteria area, the office cubicles, and any request the office employees had due to maintenance. I learned how to handle more than one task under pressure sufficiently. I learned how to manage other employees, while still performing tasks of my own. I learned how to handle chaotic situations ensuring of a productive and sufficient outcome. When I was appointed to become the lunch manager I had to record lunch logistics and report back to my managers on a weekly basis in a meeting. That taught me how to communicate my ideas, how to brainstorm with a team to produce ideas to better the situations at hand. The hardest part of the job was the lack of structure in the management team, causing confusion and unnecessary stress, kind of like you had to figure it out yourself instead of clear instructions. The managers were nice but their managing skills were poor. My ex co-workers had to be one of the best assets to the job they were great team players and very positive people. Besides my ex co-workers the most enjoyable part of the job was taking pride in your work and getting noticed by the employees and the appreciation for our hard work.
Pros
reasonable start compensation, great job culture, ability to learn alot of skills
Cons
poor management skills, no growth past a certain point
The company does not value there employees
senior sales executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2015
8-6 80+ calls and 2 hrs talk time. co workers are miserable. Hardest part of the job is dealing with territory changes on a bi-weekly basis. The most enjoyable part is closing deals!
Pros
catered lunch
Cons
no breaks. if you miss quota you are fired the next month
ZocDoc is great, but the position was not
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 27, 2015
ZocDoc is a great company but I wish I had the foresight to enter into a different role at the company. My favorite part of the position was learning about the health care industry.
Fun workplace, less than desirable job description
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Fun workplace, less than desirable job description. While the benefits are great, you realize that they need to be because you are a glorified telelmarketer; Selling unfamiliar product to people who are trained to tell you no.
Great company
Area sales manager (Current Employee) –  New York CityFebruary 19, 2015
The company thrives from their culture. Free catered daily lunch, great health and dental insurance, 401k plus unlimited vacation make it a great place to work. Once you start you'll immediately own a market.
Pros
unlimited vaca, ceo is great, free daily lunch
Cons
directors don't like to give much credit to their subordinates and can be arrogant
New but smart company
Recruitment Coordinator/ Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2015
This company is new but knows what they want. Smart team leading this new and amazing online company. Small team with big minds and a large corporation feel.
If it sounds too good to be true, It's probably ZocDoc...
Inside Sales Candidate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2015
As an inside sales candidate, I spoke with a couple of their sales recruiters and reached my 3rd interview with a "Sales Manager" which was scheduled for 15 minutes.

We connected on the phone, and this kid (whose voice was like a pubescent teenager's) started blabbering so fast, as if he just drank 6 pots of coffee. The background sounded like he was in the middle of a riot, making it almost impossible to even comprehend him.

I thought to myself, if this high ranking manager can't even find a quiet space where he can conduct a professional interview, then how loud and crazy will it be like for me as a new employee?

It was the most unprofessional "interview" of my life. He got angry when I asked him to repeat himself because it was impossible to make out what he was saying. He quickly took a demeaning tone, and started insulting me, saying "You know absolutely nothing about ZocDoc." Apparently he forgot that I successfully interviewed with two other employees in order to get to him. In all his rudeness and frustration, he eventually just hung up on me.

Realistically, this "startup" has been around for 7 years and neither I, nor anyone I know has ever heard of them (after they paid for over 400 million ad impressions last year). Their recruiter was the one who found my resume and reached out to me with this opportunity.

From my research, this company seems to do nothing but blow a bunch of hot air. Most importantly, they do not act in the interest patients because they can only search for doctors who are paying members. In other words, if the world's best doctor doesn't want
  more... to pay for a membership then ZocDoc's patients will never even know he exists! So much for linking patients with the best doctors...

For every profitable company like Yelp and Opentable, there are hundreds of flops like ZocDoc. It's only a matter of time until their investors get a reality check and cut their losses.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
high pressure, high turnover rate
Great Company, bad management. Churn and Burn
SOA - Sales Origination Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 25, 2015
ZocDoc is a company that has an amazing product and great growth potential!! However, the management that is placed at each position does not, nor needs to care about you or many people whom walkthrough the door. They are very open about what they do, so no bait and switch for anyone to assume. They, from day one, tell you they are 6 months to hire, and you better pray you get a nice territory to call into or you can memorize where the door is, and enjoy the amazingly delicious catered lunches while you look for another job. The benefits are second to non and they get it settled from day one, no delay at all! They have a great teaching period where you are taught what they are, and how you will handle calling doctors! Ideally a great job if you are one of the lucky few, but the mentality of hire to fire allows them to be overly liberal with who, and whom they hire. There are a few instances that personally I was unlucky to see and had altercations with a employee who acted physically aggressive to me of which the management decided to ask us to sweep it under the table, and i left due to the circumstances of unprofessionalism, however i did mention it to the HR in the exit interview and the company handled me with much more professionalism then did the management. You are working with some very, very bright individuals and the occasional circumstance i just depicted due to the nature of hire to fire and the lack of need to screen correctly. Job had Great food, good environment and understanding of work.
Pros
food, dress, environment, startup, commission, upward mobility, product
Cons
management, employees, hire to fire, churn and burn
good company
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
not a bad company to work for. Small jewelry retailer with not much oppurtunity for advancement but you will get your sallarry on time.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 11, 2015
Great Atmosphere, great people
Great training program,

Typical day is cold calling and closing deal. managing your book of business and pipeline
High energy and exciting place to work with free food and ping pong
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2014
A typical day would include anywhere from 80 to 100 dials on the phone, speaking to doctors and office managers at physician offices. The job required expert customer service and sales experience. Managers would run weekly competitions to keep people motivated and excited. We were given free food and free united health care, benfits were great. Hardest part of the job was staying motivated while doing the same thing over and over again. Also since the company is so young the management isnt tried and tested, so the managers are always doing things differently which can make for an unorganized work place with confusion at times.
Great environment, good people and culture.
Sales Executive, Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
At ZocDoc, you get what you put into it. If you work hard and apply yourself you will be successful. Co-Workers were great, other managers were not very hand on and didn't invest enough time into their employees. They are supposed to have an "us before me" mentality, but its not the case. I learned a lot about myself and what I capable of. I pushed myself harder than I ever had before and it gave me great success.
Pros
free lunch and healthcare.
Cons
not enough involvement by upper management.
Wouldnt recommend
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Learned alot, but not a long term career. If you want to get into inside sales this is about the best bootcamp you could ask for
Don't Drink The Koolade
Account Executive - Local Sales (SMB) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2014
They do provide the best healthcare benefits I've ever heard of and free catered lunches. But the lunches get old and the poor management across the bad, the lack of training and the cutthroat atmosphere is not worth it.

The product is great. If in sales, the commission structure is the worst I've ever come across. Recruiters sell high hopes and false dreams across the board.

In my time there I learned a lot about the industry and became a better sales person but I can't recommend the company.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
commission, management
Start up
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Start up company has a creative atmosphere. Management is lacking. Typical start up where they say one thing and do another.
Pros
free lunch, free benefits, free friday happy hours
ZocDoc Review
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
At ZocDoc, I sold directly to doctors and small business owners SaaS software. The sales process is unique because the majority of the sales process is getting to the actual decision maker. Management is very young and thus is going through growing pains. They are often busy hiring new staff and understanding their role. Co-workers are great as ZocDoc hires young, energetic, and enthusiastic people. The hardest portion of the position was overcoming the challenges of getting to the decision maker/owner of the practice. The most enjoyable aspect of working at ZocDoc is the awesome people it hires and the workplace benefits offered to all of its employees.
Pros
complimentary lunches, free health care, and hard working atmosphere
Cons
compensation structure, territory displacement, and work/life balance
Dynamic Environment with Free Lunch
HRIS & Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2014
Dynamic Young Environment with Free lunch. Fast paced and lots of great people. You will definitely learn while working there.