ZocDoc Employee Reviews

Great People, company a little lost
Senior Technical-Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2017
Zocdoc's strength is they hire incredible people, and it's amazing to come in and work with all of them. They have free lunch and great benefits.

The company however, does not exactly know what it wants to be. Rather than giving a real explanation of how they will compete in the health industry they commonly give vague jargon and no real direction.

The facilities (NY office) are just plain bad and the whole time I worked there (3+ years) nothing was done to fix bad bathrooms, overcrowding and lack of natural light. They eventually worked on a "redesign" that was basically a lobby for new applicants and a few engineers.

The compensation is not very good compared to similar jobs, and advancement is difficult.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits
Cons
bad facilities, bad pay, little room to advance
Fun productive environment
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 5, 2017
Fun productive environment that is easy to get caught up in and feed off of the energy they do a great job of hiring the right people. The benefits are great
It was a fast paced productive environment that had a great fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 31, 2017
Most of us that worked for the company started our day at 7:30 am began with a team meeting with our managers. My role for the company was to call prospective clients and share with them the benefits Zocdoc could bring to their place of business. We had daily competitions between our coworkers who could close more deals by the end of the work day. It was fun environment while stressful to get meet our daily goals.
Pros
Loved the challenge and the mentorship was superb
Cons
Sporadic hours and the high turnover
productive and fun work place with ping pong tables
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 11, 2017
productive and fun work place with ping pong tables
met a lot of young professionals
good benefits with working for a start up company
room for growth
Provided Lunch and Ping Pong
Patient Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 28, 2017
Zocdoc is a great company. Work is fun and they have a way of hiring like-minded people who are quirky and creative. Most managers just tow the corporate line, but a few genuinely care about their employees and try to utilize input and make the job better. Great health benefits for full-time team members and daily catered lunch. Pay and advancement opportunities could be better.
Great Company to Work For
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Zocdoc is a really cool company to work for. The people are young, smart, and pleasant to be around. Understand that when you are interviewing for a particular position, that is the job you will be doing. If you want to be a salesman, understand, your career line will be in sales- and nothing else. Great benefits.
Pros
Free Meals; Free Healthcare; 401k; Promotes With-In
Cons
Bro Culture; Cold Calling
Fun place to work
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2017
Enjoyed this job. It was a great place to contribute too. Lots of great people. Startup so has many challenges. I would recommend this job if you lived in NY.
Unstable
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Zocdoc has some great things going for it. The benefits package is extremely generous. That said, the environment is extremely unstable.
Pros
free lunch, Health benefits
Cons
Unstable, Lack of communication, Unskilled workforce (related to leadership), lack of vision and purpose
Good money, alot of stress
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 24, 2017
exactly what the summary says. paychecks were awesome, work life balance was not i was always working even when i wasnt clocked in or on salary for.
Loved it
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 10, 2017
I was a top performer when I was there. But it is hard hard hard work. It is extremely hard to sell to doctors but you feel good out it when you are successful. If you have a bad month you are put on a PDP... there is no room for failure. But I loved the culture and my direct boss. I would still be there is they didnt lay off all of the sales staff in AZ.
Tries to seem different but is just like every other corporation
Patient Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2016
Being a Patient Operations Assistant here is a difficult, thankless, poorly paid position. Constant pressure and no reward. Managers attempt to assuage this with cupcakes every now and then.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Constant pressure, extremely stringent policies which value numbers over people
Great company with a great futre
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 3, 2016
Solid program in NYC but the Scottsdale location was not led the same. The program was taken back to the NYC office due to business changes.
Low pay
Sales Origination Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2016
Although I fully stand behind what Zocdoc represents, I do not agree with the amount that employees are paid. Since the office is located in Soho, employees must be paid generously to be able to live anywhere near the office which is not the case. They also are constantly changing what they expect out of employees and it seems management is never on the same page. They tell you one thing at noon and by 2pm they are telling you the complete opposite. Very unorganized and only care about signing up as many doctors as possible even if they are not fit for the service and will not do well.
Pros
free lunch, free benefits
Cons
pay, management, lack of transparency
Great place to work.
Senior Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2015
I love ZocDoc and after being here for three years I can say that it is a truly incredible community. The executive team is available and ready to hear more feedback. The engineering team is building great products and the sales team is becoming a powerful force. This is an exciting place to work and I would recommend it to almost anyone.
Pros
Great people, fun community, free lunch, great events
Great atmosphere in an up and coming company
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed my time at ZocDoc however the location just wasn't for me. With the combination of getting to the train then the train ride to the city, then the subways, the commute could take upwards of 90 minutes to 2 hours if I missed a train because I stayed late at work to finish things up. I don't wish to live in NYC so I left to find work closer to home
Pros
fun environment, great healthcare, good support system
Cons
The commute was horrible
A Typical Day at Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2015
Start my day by organizing and listing my 60-80 cold calls per day with various prospecting techniques.
Utilized search demos, multi-faceted appointment reports
Awesome Benefits! AMAZING CULTURE!
Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 29, 2015
Incredible company with the best benefits you will ever come across and best company culture known to man. If you get the chance to work at ZocDoc TAKE IT!
ZocDocs job culture is very vibrant. I learned and gained alot there, but their mangament skills for the facility workers were poor.
Facilities Associate/ Lunch Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2015
ZocDoc has a very welcoming and friendly job culture. I was responsible for a whole floor for about a year before we received help due to expansion. I was responsible for the ten plus conference rooms, the six bathrooms, the cafeteria area, the office cubicles, and any request the office employees had due to maintenance. I learned how to handle more than one task under pressure sufficiently. I learned how to manage other employees, while still performing tasks of my own. I learned how to handle chaotic situations ensuring of a productive and sufficient outcome. When I was appointed to become the lunch manager I had to record lunch logistics and report back to my managers on a weekly basis in a meeting. That taught me how to communicate my ideas, how to brainstorm with a team to produce ideas to better the situations at hand. The hardest part of the job was the lack of structure in the management team, causing confusion and unnecessary stress, kind of like you had to figure it out yourself instead of clear instructions. The managers were nice but their managing skills were poor. My ex co-workers had to be one of the best assets to the job they were great team players and very positive people. Besides my ex co-workers the most enjoyable part of the job was taking pride in your work and getting noticed by the employees and the appreciation for our hard work.
Pros
reasonable start compensation, great job culture, ability to learn alot of skills
Cons
poor management skills, no growth past a certain point
The company does not value there employees
senior sales executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2015
8-6 80+ calls and 2 hrs talk time. co workers are miserable. Hardest part of the job is dealing with territory changes on a bi-weekly basis. The most enjoyable part is closing deals!
Pros
catered lunch
Cons
no breaks. if you miss quota you are fired the next month
ZocDoc is great, but the position was not
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 27, 2015
ZocDoc is a great company but I wish I had the foresight to enter into a different role at the company. My favorite part of the position was learning about the health care industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZocDoc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7