ZocDoc

ZocDoc Employee Reviews

Great company
Area sales manager (Current Employee), New York CityFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: unlimited vaca, ceo is great, free daily lunch
Cons: directors don't like to give much credit to their subordinates and can be arrogant
The company thrives from their culture. Free catered daily lunch, great health and dental insurance, 401k plus unlimited vacation make it a great place to work. Once you start you'll immediately own a market.
New but smart company
Recruitment Coordinator/ Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 17, 2015
This company is new but knows what they want. Smart team leading this new and amazing online company. Small team with big minds and a large corporation feel.
If it sounds too good to be true, It's probably ZocDoc...
Inside Sales Candidate (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: high pressure, high turnover rate
As an inside sales candidate, I spoke with a couple of their sales recruiters and reached my 3rd interview with a "Sales Manager" which was scheduled for 15 minutes.

We connected on the phone, and this kid (whose voice was like a pubescent teenager's) started blabbering so fast, as if he just drank 6 pots of coffee. The background sounded like he was in the middle of a riot, making it almost impossible to even comprehend him.

I thought to myself, if this high ranking manager can't even find a quiet space where he can conduct a professional interview, then how loud and crazy will it be like for me as a new employee?

It was the most unprofessional "interview" of my life. He got angry when I asked him to repeat himself because it was impossible to make out what he was saying. He quickly took a demeaning tone, and started insulting me, saying "You know absolutely nothing about ZocDoc." Apparently he forgot that I successfully interviewed with two other employees in order to get to him. In all his rudeness and frustration, he eventually just hung up on me.

Realistically, this "startup" has been around for 7 years and neither I, nor anyone I know has ever heard of them (after they paid for over 400 million ad impressions last year). Their recruiter was the one who found my resume and reached out to me with this opportunity.

From my research, this company seems to do nothing but blow a bunch of hot air. Most importantly, they do not act in the interest patients because they can only search for doctors who are paying members. In other words, if the world's best doctor doesn't want to pay for a membership then ZocDoc's patients will never even know he exists! So much for linking patients with the best doctors...

For every profitable company like Yelp and Opentable, there are hundreds of flops like ZocDoc. It's only a matter of time until their investors get a reality check and cut their losses.
Great Company, bad management. Churn and Burn
SOA - Sales Origination Associate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: food, dress, environment, startup, commission, upward mobility, product
Cons: management, employees, hire to fire, churn and burn
ZocDoc is a company that has an amazing product and great growth potential!! However, the management that is placed at each position does not, nor needs to care about you or many people whom walkthrough the door. They are very open about what they do, so no bait and switch for anyone to assume. They, from day one, tell you they are 6 months to hire, and you better pray you get a nice territory to call into or you can memorize where the door is, and enjoy the amazingly delicious catered lunches while you look for another job. The benefits are second to non and they get it settled from day one, no delay at all! They have a great teaching period where you are taught what they are, and how you will handle calling doctors! Ideally a great job if you are one of the lucky few, but the mentality of hire to fire allows them to be overly liberal with who, and whom they hire. There are a few instances that personally I was unlucky to see and had altercations with a employee who acted physically aggressive to me of which the management decided to ask us to sweep it under the table, and i left due to the circumstances of unprofessionalism, however i did mention it to the HR in the exit interview and the company handled me with much more professionalism then did the management. You are working with some very, very bright individuals and the occasional circumstance i just depicted due to the nature of hire to fire and the lack of need to screen correctly. Job had Great food, good environment and understanding of work.
good company
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
not a bad company to work for. Small jewelry retailer with not much oppurtunity for advancement but you will get your sallarry on time.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New YorkJanuary 11, 2015
Great Atmosphere, great people
Great training program,

Typical day is cold calling and closing deal. managing your book of business and pipeline
High energy and exciting place to work with free food and ping pong
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2014
A typical day would include anywhere from 80 to 100 dials on the phone, speaking to doctors and office managers at physician offices. The job required expert customer service and sales experience. Managers would run weekly competitions to keep people motivated and excited. We were given free food and free united health care, benfits were great. Hardest part of the job was staying motivated while doing the same thing over and over again. Also since the company is so young the management isnt tried and tested, so the managers are always doing things differently which can make for an unorganized work place with confusion at times.
Great environment, good people and culture.
Sales Executive, Territory Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch and healthcare.
Cons: not enough involvement by upper management.
At ZocDoc, you get what you put into it. If you work hard and apply yourself you will be successful. Co-Workers were great, other managers were not very hand on and didn't invest enough time into their employees. They are supposed to have an "us before me" mentality, but its not the case. I learned a lot about myself and what I capable of. I pushed myself harder than I ever had before and it gave me great success.
Wouldnt recommend
Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2014
Learned alot, but not a long term career. If you want to get into inside sales this is about the best bootcamp you could ask for
Don't Drink The Koolade
Account Executive - Local Sales (SMB) (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: commission, management
They do provide the best healthcare benefits I've ever heard of and free catered lunches. But the lunches get old and the poor management across the bad, the lack of training and the cutthroat atmosphere is not worth it.

The product is great. If in sales, the commission structure is the worst I've ever come across. Recruiters sell high hopes and false dreams across the board.

In my time there I learned a lot about the industry and became a better sales person but I can't recommend the company.
Start up
Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free benefits, free friday happy hours
Start up company has a creative atmosphere. Management is lacking. Typical start up where they say one thing and do another.
ZocDoc Review
Sales Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 3, 2014
Pros: complimentary lunches, free health care, and hard working atmosphere
Cons: compensation structure, territory displacement, and work/life balance
At ZocDoc, I sold directly to doctors and small business owners SaaS software. The sales process is unique because the majority of the sales process is getting to the actual decision maker. Management is very young and thus is going through growing pains. They are often busy hiring new staff and understanding their role. Co-workers are great as ZocDoc hires young, energetic, and enthusiastic people. The hardest portion of the position was overcoming the challenges of getting to the decision maker/owner of the practice. The most enjoyable aspect of working at ZocDoc is the awesome people it hires and the workplace benefits offered to all of its employees.
Dynamic Environment with Free Lunch
HRIS & Payroll Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2014
Dynamic Young Environment with Free lunch. Fast paced and lots of great people. You will definitely learn while working there.
Good if you are desperate for a job
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2014
Bad if you actually need a job for more than two months. I'm sure other people told you all the cautions to worry about with this company. Believe them. The people who lasted long at this company lasted by sheer luck (good timing, good territory, they know how to politic and developed the right relationships with management) If you want to get in and get out and make a quick buck during a transition, take this job. If you want to be with a company for more than a year, the odds of doing that here are 100 to 1. If you are going to be inside the NY office, disregard this review. If you are an outside sales rep, you will be treated poorly. If you take the job 1) have a backup plan 2) make sure you don't have mouths to feed 3) if you get terminated, you will only have a weeks notice. Sometimes less than a week. 4) they change their policies every single day, but will not adjust your quota for their "throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks" campaigns. That means if their "new initiative" fails and you don't sell as a result... Well.. Bye bye then.
Great "work hard" environment
Sales Origination Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 4, 2013
- Really good environment with a strong team of sales representatives and peers to work with each day
- Hard work is rewarded with upward mobility in the company
- Had great management
- One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is being in a competitive environment where you're constantly challenged and pushed to excel
A great learning environment.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2013
Pros: great experience understanding the interworkings of b2b sales.
Cons: nyc territory became obsolete.
A great place to learn business to business sales. I enjoyed great success with ZocDoc, however, the New York City market in which I worked was extremely saturated and I did not opt to come inside to make outgoing calls as an inside rep.
Young atmosphere, not much direction
Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 7, 2012
Management style is very hands off, which leaves you wondering what to expect next.

ZocDoc Salaries