Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
RECRUITING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAFebruary 27, 2017
HR team was awesome. Great personality all around. I was on a short contract so only with the company for a few months but I enjoyed the time with them.

People were awesome and management demonstrated care for its employees.
Pros
Good people. Everyone works hard to accomplish goals.
Cons
9 hour work days. Can be a good thing too.
nice
Technical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAApril 25, 2016
great place to work. not a great place to leave. tought to get in because everyone stays there. I miss pool cleaners and heaters sometimes.
While working at Zodiac, I gained a very good knowledge of the pool supply industry.
Buyer/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 6, 2015
Coming into the position, I only knew of pool supplies as a consumer. As I began to work and learn knowledge of all aspects of the pool supply seasons, background history of development and brand name growth, I was amazed. The growth and development of Zodiac is very aggressive and remains an ever expanding market. To work and support the aggressive sales and marketing campaigns taught me a lot more about the various industry procurement demands.
Pros
Advancement of pool industry knowledge.
Cons
Extreme peaks and flows of unexpected forecasts.
Cool Place
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Vista CaSeptember 16, 2015
Cool Place, I liked working there as a temp. Everyone was nice. Flexible hours, free coffee, lots of work to stay busy, I liked it a lot.
Great place to work.
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 2, 2015
A Productive place to work, work place is well paced.
Friendly co-workers and Management is approachable.
Work hours are flexible making it easy to schedule personal appointments. The only drawback to working here is not knowing what management is going to do with company. All of production is being moved to Mexico.
Pros
Good place to work, flextime.
Cons
job security not certain
Don't ever work for Zodiac Pool Systems!!!!
Sean Wells (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 14, 2014
A typical day at work: Really just knowing you have to do the same thing over again and know that this is what your going to be doing for 20 years with no chance of moving up in this company.

What you learned: hard work in this company does not pay off the ones that move up are the ones that kiss butt and have family ties.

Management: very incompetent they put people in charge that don't know anything about the company and the ones that do get left in the back doing all the work.

The hardest part of the job: knowing I have to get up very morning and go to work here.

The most enjoyable part of the job: the end of the day when i get to go home that's if they don't tell us 10mins before the shift ends that we are working 2 more hours.
Cons
Good compensation - low stability, odd culture
Financial/Operational position (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 3, 2014
This company provides above average compensation which is offset with below average stability. They can drive financial results in the US, but struggle in the global arena. There is almost too much focus on the US business. The debt is very high due to the private equity structure of the company which drives a short sighted culture. It is considered okay to layoff a person if their current skill set would need to be expanded through training. Their attitude is that it is better to start over with someone new. Employee assignments can be very short term and have predetermined or suggested end dates. There is a strong culture of Black and Decker x-employees that are in upper and middle management. If you are not part of that group or hired by that group, you can feel as though you are on the outside.
Pros
good compensation, very fast pace, lots of change
Cons
low stability, company to be sold in the near term, non inclusive culture
Zodiac is good
Customer Operations, Warranty Representative (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAMay 6, 2014
Zodiac is a busy environment. From responding to daily emails and phone communications, processing the business, to implementing core values. There was more work than there is time to do, even with efficient time management skills. I learned how each employee is vital to the success of a business and must be present every day. The most difficult part of the job is like any other job, getting to know co-workers and adjusting to differences. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction. Knowing I've taken care of a customer is the most important thing.
Zodiac Is On Track
SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Vista, CA/Deerfield Beach, FLApril 17, 2014
After enduring challenges in the housing market and a somewhat difficult merger Zodiac appears to be back on track with a solid future.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Still some challenges ahead
Productive and fun workplace
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Highly competitive organization with great benefits. Company hit hard after downturn in the economy.
Passionate for Results
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 16, 2013
I walk in. I check my email. I get started on the most important and time-sensitive tasks. There is no hard part of working here, I love challenges. Enjoyable part of the job is getting to know my mentors and advising me how to improve my work ethic. I love critiques.
Pros
Free lunches, reliable confidentiality, great HR team, visitations from managers of diverse departments
Cons
600+ employee file maintenance
good compayn
IT Help Desk (Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 5, 2013
worked temporarily with them for 6 months everyone is very friendly
A very productive and organized place to work.
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAApril 17, 2013
Company is great place to work with co-workers that work together as a team and management that is leading company towards a successful path.
Hard to advance and compensation is not at market
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 21, 2013
This place is about who you work for, there are a couple department heads that take care of their people and help build them but most of them do not. The pay is way under market as was my position. I do have to say that their benefits are some of the best. The company is still trying to build their corporate culture but still has some way to go. I enjoyed my co-workers but didn't like the fact I was going nowhere. They need to invest in leadership workshops for their managers.
Pros
benefits and 401k
Cons
low pay and limited to no advancement
Excellent management and team memebers
Accounts Payable Lead Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJune 16, 2012
Zodiac Pool Systems was a company I very much enjoyed working for. The management team along with my fellow collages worked very well together. Month end was always a challenge but we all worked together and achieved our goals month after month.
Pros
management was excellent
Cons
company relocated to san diego
Awesome place to work with great benefits and discounted company products for employees
Senior Mechanical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAMay 2, 2012
Zodiac is a great place to work. The only reason I don't work here now is because I did not want to relocate my family to Vista. The management is demanding but fair. The atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming. I enjoyed everyday at work as the work is challenging and varied along our product lines. The managers gave us the ability to do our best by not micromanaging the team to death. I would highly recommend Zodiac!
Pros
free coffee, education assistance, great benefits and pay, challenging work
Cons
moves are always challenging.