Zodiac Employee Reviews

zodiac
Production Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMay 28, 2017
they train you before you start the job and after that you will get trained on a multitude of things the breaks are reasonable for the most part you can get more hour if you want and you can grow with the company
Pros
always learning, great people to work with
Cons
low pay
High turnover rate, terrible company
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAApril 25, 2017
If you want a low paying job, where your not valued as an employee and you feel overworked and overlooked. This is the company to work for.

I worked for this company for a year and without warning they laid me off the day of. I was told to pick up my desk and leave the premises immediately.

HR Staff and Reception is lazy, unorganized and this company plays favorites.

This company is also in debt, and does not manage company money properly.

Very unprofessional and very petty office staff.
Pros
There really is none.
Cons
Unproffesional, unorganized and lazy.
It was a ok place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXApril 17, 2017
I ready didnt have any problems with the job i was doing. It was the same thing everyday for me . i hung backs nothing changed for me but the way i hung them on some seats.
Good for Overtime
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXMarch 3, 2017
Layoffs are common. Union. Not good idea if you are trying to support a family. Great on overtime if it's busy. Busy parking lot on between shifts.....
Miss management & poor supervision
Prior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Management is a joke. Managers and Supervisors have no supervision skills. Quality is not a priority and effective corrective action is even less important. Written procedures and work instructions are not followed or enforced. People are not held accountable for poor workmanship.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Lack of leadership
Find your niche.
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WADecember 31, 2016
Moral is low. More more more for less appreciation. Problems in the department are raw materials, equipment and leadership. But all fingers get pointed at production workers.
Challenging with a relaxed work environmrnt
Facility Manager/Radio Frequency Technician (Current Employee) –  Stevensville, MDAugust 30, 2016
A typical day at Zodiac was something new and challenging everyday when you are starting a new product line of boats where you have to find new solutions for procedures that were not working for production I learned new type of manufacturing using frequency welders and thermobonding and how to run a production schedule and manage a production line from the start. the management staff was small many staff members had lots of different jobs as I was the facilities manager and production manager and RF technician
If I could give a ZERO, I would.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 23, 2016
Worst place I have ever worked at. All the management treat their employees like dirt. Avoid this place if you can. No respect for the employees, the HR staff is the worst, the employees are really sad to be there and only working to get paid.
Waste of life
Final Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 23, 2016
Hired on as a temp, promised direct hire at 90 days. Immediately thrown into 50-60 hour work weeks with little practical training. 90 days came and went without so much as a performance review. Management is incompetent, firing good workers in favor of useless temps. Frequently given impossible deadlines, then reprimanded when they are not reached. Only positive feedback I ever received was from my bosses' bosses' boss. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent management, cutthroat environment, insane hours
Aerospace Company
Interior Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 8, 2016
This business is a basic aerospace company that specializes in Commercial airlines cabinets and other interiors.
My fellow co-workers are a pretty good group of people.
Pros
Work environment is idea
Cons
Their pay for the area is low to the normal standards for aerospace jobs.
Great company
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 5, 2016
A typoical day would involve me taking phone calls and processing warranty claims and sales using several software, tools and ERPS
Avoid this trap
Layup Technician (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAMay 16, 2016
Zodiac Aerospace in Marysville, WA is a quick trap for anyone willing to work here. I was hired to work 3/12 hour shifts at night and was instantly changed to working 7/8 hour day shifts for 21 days straight due to being behind schedule. This was understandable but after several months of working in 21 day increments we where up to schedule and the next day they placed me onto 12 hour night shifts after I had adjusted to the day shifts. The pay was incredibly low and there was no difference pay to place me at 40 hours a week. The turn over was exceedingly high generally with a new "batch" of employees weekly as no one wanted to stay here. Management didn't even bother to learn our names and wouldn't even realize when you had being there for 6 months or more.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Poor atmosphere, poor pay, poor management.
nachine shop
Machine Shop Operator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXMay 14, 2016
I worked for zodiac,formerly known as weber for 9 years. I loved my job. I went to several areas and learned a lot. The last year or so it started getting stupid. Good managers and workers were laid off or set up so they'd quit. Company has gone down hill terribly bad over the past 3 years. I wouldn't recomend this company to anyone anymore.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bully supervisors
zodiac
logestics clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMay 6, 2016
Enjoyable, very good environement, work as a team and well with others. Working at a good paced. overcoming new things everyday.
overtime face losses and high demand in sales are gone....etc
support engineer (Former Employee) –  Boeing Seattle and Santa MariaFebruary 11, 2016
i was in this company twice in the last year, but several reviews here have been very helpful for me to say something too, i was a support engineer in the flying line in Boeing, they do a good job in theirs products but the guys who support this company were burning time the whole day adjusting a food tray, and also hidden some of them behind some old empty containers to get more over time while Boeing where looking to sale their planes as fast they can.Well they do not have mercy on loading overtime while there are 340 seats to be fixed, at the end they noticed my concern and they give me a lay out later own,,,, what a mess.....

Now i was called to support their seat shells in Santa maria, after working in Seattle and noticing the bad quality control in the assembly line in Santa Maria, i started developing and troubleshooting all the concern of the seats in the Boeing flight line and helping them to clear all the mess, some of them were very friend but suddenly a supervisor called himself mike the weirdo working in the customer parts support and his fellow where doing the same like in Boeing field, getting overtime and burning time without no reason, honestly great products but some of them really needs to keep going..... good luck guys...
Staff accountant ot payroll processor ???
staff accountant (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAJanuary 16, 2016
Worked a temp assignment at the end of 2014. Assignment called for general/cost accounting. They tried to talk me into taking a cost position in Magnolia, Ark. I declined and I ended up processing payroll for 12 weeks. Same job description as this one. C'mon guys!
Pros
I'm thinking, I'm thinking...
Cons
If you can't say something nice....
Nice Afternoon employees POOR MANAGEMENT
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wall NJDecember 24, 2015
Worked there for just over a year. Was going to quit my FIRST three hours but promised a hefty raise within 60 days....wow a whopping 0.75 cents. Used everyone that was hired for a year and cracked the whip complaining of high orders and last quarter jitters. After they saw their quarters CUT approximately 20% of workforce but kept the people who did a poor job. DO NOT speak up or suggest improvements because you WILL be fired. DO NOT be fooled It is a FRENCH COMPANY who JUST opened a 7 million dollar facility in MEXICO. The WALL NJ plant will be closing in 3-5 yrs. Management is poor and some of the leads couldn't find their derriere with a flashlight and a detailed map. If you just need a quick job for some quick cash it may work for you but if you need long term or a career TRUST me this IS NOT the place. I put my hopes here, never late never missed a day of work, never took a day off and had no failures or write ups only to be escorted out the door. Place is a joke.
Pros
Some nice employees
Cons
Poor Management and do not care about employees
Dirty environment , vp and gm
sr engineer (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CADecember 4, 2015
stupid person hired smart person and show them how to do. Sr. Engineer with degree, do not know how to use the MS... Just dirty politic .. Micro manage.. They spy you how long to use the restroom ( Lá Palma side>
Pros
no promotion
Cons
short break ... Too many low class working here
long days
Panel Department (Current Employee) –  Marysville, WAJuly 17, 2015
Its a hard business to work for. Stuck in hot heat for long hours. Mangers are not fully trained. Dont handle issues very well. Unorginzed
Cons
no benefits
Very inexperienced staff
Q.M/ (Former Employee) –  Garden GroveMay 14, 2015
Given the general experience level of the quality staff it is a wonder they hold onto the contracts they currently have in there possession. Almost everyone is way underpaid for the position they hold and is much busier charting there failures then planning for the success. Given they are mostly into the decoration of aircraft business they fail to focus on the importance of doing it right the first time. The Garden Grove facility has been through 4 or 5 Quality Managers over a 6 or 7 month period. Good luck to the next victim.
Pros
Cons
Failure is planned by staff