Zoes Kitchen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Develop a family like relationship with your coworkers and schedule flexibility
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDJuly 18, 2017
This was my second job and I like it. My schedule is very flexible and the managers are cool. Its fun meeting people from other stores as well especially because we borrow things we need from each other all the time. The staff is literally like my family and there are regular customers you develop relationships with as well. Great vibe
Pros
Free lunch, flexible schedule, room for advancement
Cons
Long hours, weird shifts sometimes, policys are always changing
Great atmosphere
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2017
Ive been working at Zoes for almost a year now, and i love it ! The management is great and it just like we're a huge family. All the store get along great and we all help eachother out when needed. I got promoted 8 months after being there, and its just been an amazing journey.
Pros
50% off lunch, 100% off after a year
High energy job with lots of tasks
Host (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 17, 2017
It started out great in February of 2017, until our management began to be mixed up and our store in result did not have a general manager for months. Now that we have one inventory is incorrect, our health rate is declining, the turnover rate is increasing, and the wrong food items and supplies are being ordered. The hardest part of the job would be the customers that give their complaints and begin to direct it at me when their problem is out of my control. I do enjoy working with my co-workers and my hours are fairly good but the management needs to be reviewed.
judgy employees
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 16, 2017
not a good experience, not enough hours. i was scheduled once a week maybe more if someone else didn't want the shift. wasnt good for me emotionally. r
This job was very nice I enjoyed it in the beginning
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 14, 2017
The Zoe's I worked at was nothing like the others. This job was great half the time but the other half it blowed . My GM made our restaurant suck and if I were employed at any other Zoe's in the region I'd most likely still work there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Unorganized mean Management
Fresh food and great for the guests
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJuly 13, 2017
Fresh food and healthy options. It was nice working with a small team, but at times it was difficult to make a schedule since everyone was part time. Zoe's is rapidly expanding, but the company lacks training and development programs.
Great environment and great place to work at.
Zoes Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 2, 2017
Overall it's a great place to work at and a great environment. Everyone gets along and everything is well organized. I never had any problems working there at all.
Productive and occasionally fast paced environment with friendly customers.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALJune 29, 2017
A typical day at work would be making sure that everything was in its proper order, and the place was clean. I also would refill the ice machine, sweeping, cleaning plates, and making sure that customers were happy with their food.
I learned how to operate the cash register, quickly moving around the restaurant, handing out food.
Management was amazing, and they always tried to make it easier for the customers and employees alike.
Workplace culture was very relaxed and friendly, and everyone that I worked with was very patient with me, even if I had to ask several times about a certain thing.
The hardest part of the job was learning all of the rules and where everything went in the store.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere.
Pros
Half off lunch, good schedule.
Cons
Sometimes got sent home early if it wasn't really busy.
Upbeat place to work
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2017
Zoe's is a great company however the pay could be better. I had to leave because of a scheduling conflict. Overall my time there was awesome and would be willing to work there again.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Pay rate
Productive & fun place to work
Hostess/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 25, 2017
Very fun and relaxing environment. Employees are very friendly and welcoming. Family friendly and a great place to just work while getting a bite to eat. The food is always delicious.. very pleased with how healthy all menu items are.
Pros
Free meal every shift

Want to know more about Zoes Kitchen, Inc.?

Ask a question
Nice summer job or nice job if you plan on staying
Kitchen leader (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 16, 2017
Zoe's kitchen is about clean work area an also fast paste. I did grill prep cold prep freezer stocker. I've also worked the line cold or hot side I was a beast lol. Keep store clean make sure my job dutys are done.
zoes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 14, 2017
The job is easy.Customers are great and friendly but when its busy everyone is mad and ready to not do their job. But I love the idea of the Company. its great
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad management skills under pressure
Very Fresh
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 7, 2017
Working at Zoe's Is Very personal. You become what you love to do daily. I enjoy making everything fresh. From the dressings to the salads. Although you have your regular customers each and everyone is fun positive and different.
Productive and lots of learning opportunities
Cook (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 6, 2017
A great place to work if you are looking for something in a beginning stage of a culinary degree possibly. For me it was a great temporary job and not a long haul. When you think about applying you need to know it is still a good jobso your are dealing people who like it a certain way and they can be picky
Pros
Great people great food
Cons
Long days and not a consistent schedule
Productive, Fun working place
Catering Point (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 3, 2017
Really enjoy my work experience. Food is fresh, every day. Employees are cooperative and do well at their job. Management is well in control. Atmosphere is nice.
Great part time job
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 3, 2017
Zoe's Kitchen was a wonderful job to hold while attending school, as they were very forgiving and accommodating with the hours I worked. The company has a modern and fun feeling culture, and the meals I earned each shift compensated for a slightly lower hourly wage than I wanted. I don't think I would be excited to move up within a store to general manager, but the actual corporate positions seem like they've got a lot of upward mobility.
worked during college
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2017
had fun working here and opening restaurant every morning. i had a key to the door and the safe. it was the first job where i had the opportunity to be in charge and be a part of a strong team and buld my leadership skills
Good place to work with good management and nice employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 29, 2017
Good place to work with good management and good employees, laid back, good pay. Not quite enough hours all the time but still very easy and flexible hours.
Pros
Good pay, nice people
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast growing company with great management
Senior Category Manager / Project Management (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 25, 2017
Great place to work with terrific support from management. Laid back atmosphere. Young and energetic. Fast growing company that does not just preach about culture. It is a vita part of the company.
Pros
Free Lunches
Review of Position
Acting General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 17, 2017
Cultural experience, people first company, great balance of work and home life. Zoes is a fast casual concept with lots of room for growth. I learned how to develop individuals and train as a leader.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zoes Kitchen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Zoes Kitchen, Inc. Reviews by Location