Zoes Kitchen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice summer job or nice job if you plan on staying
Kitchen leader (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 16, 2017
Zoe's kitchen is about clean work area an also fast paste. I did grill prep cold prep freezer stocker. I've also worked the line cold or hot side I was a beast lol. Keep store clean make sure my job dutys are done.
zoes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 14, 2017
The job is easy.Customers are great and friendly but when its busy everyone is mad and ready to not do their job. But I love the idea of the Company. its great
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad management skills under pressure
Very Fresh
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 7, 2017
Working at Zoe's Is Very personal. You become what you love to do daily. I enjoy making everything fresh. From the dressings to the salads. Although you have your regular customers each and everyone is fun positive and different.
Productive and lots of learning opportunities
Cook (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 6, 2017
A great place to work if you are looking for something in a beginning stage of a culinary degree possibly. For me it was a great temporary job and not a long haul. When you think about applying you need to know it is still a good jobso your are dealing people who like it a certain way and they can be picky
Pros
Great people great food
Cons
Long days and not a consistent schedule
Productive, Fun working place
Catering Point (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 3, 2017
Really enjoy my work experience. Food is fresh, every day. Employees are cooperative and do well at their job. Management is well in control. Atmosphere is nice.
Great part time job
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 3, 2017
Zoe's Kitchen was a wonderful job to hold while attending school, as they were very forgiving and accommodating with the hours I worked. The company has a modern and fun feeling culture, and the meals I earned each shift compensated for a slightly lower hourly wage than I wanted. I don't think I would be excited to move up within a store to general manager, but the actual corporate positions seem like they've got a lot of upward mobility.
worked during college
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2017
had fun working here and opening restaurant every morning. i had a key to the door and the safe. it was the first job where i had the opportunity to be in charge and be a part of a strong team and buld my leadership skills
Good place to work with good management and nice employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 29, 2017
Good place to work with good management and good employees, laid back, good pay. Not quite enough hours all the time but still very easy and flexible hours.
Pros
Good pay, nice people
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast growing company with great management
Senior Category Manager / Project Management (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 25, 2017
Great place to work with terrific support from management. Laid back atmosphere. Young and energetic. Fast growing company that does not just preach about culture. It is a vita part of the company.
Pros
Free Lunches
Review of Position
Acting General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAMay 17, 2017
Cultural experience, people first company, great balance of work and home life. Zoes is a fast casual concept with lots of room for growth. I learned how to develop individuals and train as a leader.
quick paced work environment
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2017
the management was always friendly and understanding. the work was fast and time went by quickly. the menu was easy to learn and so was the technology used to take orders
productive place love to be work there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2017
Working at zoes Kitchen it was fun coming in fulfilling people needs in more. I learned a lot about customer service that i didn't know before i started working. The management was okay it could of been better to me s a person. the hardest part of the job was to handle situation about the store because i never was taught. The most enjoyable part of the job was just coming being around the customer was very fun.
Pros
10% off dinner
Cons
n/a
Overall good experience
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 27, 2017
The job could be fast paced. I learned a lot about Mediterranean food and how to serve food while working there. The management is the reason I quit because they were not willing to work with me. The hardest part of my job was learning all the different foods. The most enjoyable part of my job was spending time with the people I worked with.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Long shifts
Host, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAApril 27, 2017
Very busy restaurant, but we make sure to take care of our customers. I enjoyed my coworkers, they have always been great to work with. There food is great!
could be better
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 18, 2017
If you are looking to be bossed around by some 23 year old with a power complex. Get ready, you are in prime territory. i wouldn't suggest working here to excel or move up in the world. its a good buy some time job while you look for another one. dont think for a second that this job is a career job. let the high school kids take this one guys.
Fast Casual Food
Cashier and Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 2, 2017
Zoe's was a fun and upbeat environment to work in. The job requirements were basic and easy to execute. I had pleasant coworkers and was scheduled to work the perfect amount. The worst part of the job was interface with terrible customers who were rude and impatient. The best part of the job was getting a free meal after each shift and the ease of duties. Managers were organized, but were not very professional.
Pros
Free food, nice environment
Cons
Minimum wage
Good hours
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City MoMarch 24, 2017
Would work for them again, Great food, Good People. Scratch Kitchen, Small kitchens with lots to do. Very consistent between all zoes, great training .
Pros
scratch kitchen
Cons
small staff
decent worrk place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 17, 2017
When I first started at Zoes Kitchen it was an amazing place to work my coworkers were friendly the managers knew what they were doing, and it was nice seeing that as long as you proved yourself for the most part employees from within the stores and company were being promoted. after almost two years though that is no longer the case. Favoritism has stained the region I am currently working in, and people are starting to get frustrated.
Hambiente bueno
Kitchen lider (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 15, 2017
Una empresa que me a dado mucho pero ya quisiera cambiar
Pros
Prestaciones buenas
Cons
😀😀
Zoe's Kitchen
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 7, 2017
Zoe's Kitchen is a very friendly company to work for! They love to promote from within and you will always have a great time working as long as you love serving the general public!
Pros
free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zoes Kitchen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Zoes Kitchen, Inc. Reviews by Location