Zoes Kitchen, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

fast paced work good food
Cook (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016July 15, 2016
I learned how to work thru stressful work situations with calm and intelligent decisions. Typical day was very fast paced.
An okay place
Shift leader/cook (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 8, 2016
A good job for younger people still in school, not a career option, management lacking and opportunity for advancement lacking.
Great place to work and grow! Awesome Brand!
TRAINING GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 7, 2016
I enjoyed my experience with Zoes Kitchen immensely. Great people, brand and growth opportunities. People first company with tremendous core values and banding. Food and corporate are great and top notch.
Good job
Kitchen Lead (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 7, 2016
Great food and nice modern place to eat. It's only been in the area for a year or so now. Hardest part of the job was just lack of help. Most days I would do most of the work in the kitchen and given attitude when I told anyone to help with anything.
Productive and fast past
Server/cashier (Former Employee) –  Elmwood, LAJuly 5, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Zoe's kitchen! I learned to move quickly and multi-task. I learned great guest skills. So I now know how to talk to people and stay in a great mood so I can keep all my customers just as happy.
this job was HORRIBLE
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 15, 2016
mangers was really fake! they fire people over text messages there so unprofessional. But although i loved working with other people i loved the job but they fired me for nothing
Pros
interacting with customers
Cons
rude managers
Enjoyable and productive days
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 15, 2016
On a daily basis, I contact all regular clients to see if any catering is needed for the day or the week. I over look production as catering orders are being made and released for distributions. As lunch service runs, I manage the Front of the House and make sure all orders come out in a timely manor.
fun place to work
shift leader (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 25, 2016
very fun place to work. Manager could have been more considering of all shifts. Too many demands, with little people to cover
Enjoyable atmosphere with good employees
Front of House Host / Server (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work for me would begin at the start of the evening shift. I would make sure that everything in the dining area (dressings, cups or other drink related items, bathrooms, etc) was fully stocked and I would ensure that the dining area was clean before the dinner rush began. I would switch between taking orders at the register, serving food to customers, and busing tables. I usually would also close out the restaurant, which included cleaning out drink containers, disinfecting all counters and tables, refilling all dressing bottles, ensuring other dining area items were stocked, cleaning all windows, cleaning bathrooms, and sweeping/mopping the floors.
I learned how to effectively maintain contact between customers, management, and staff in order to ensure that customers' concerns and dining details were handled properly. I also learned how to manage my time to ensure that all closing responsibilities were done in the most efficient manner.
The co-workers, while not always the most formal, were always kind and polite to customers and always fun to work with. They consistently did what was required of them, which made what was required of me much easier.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the type of food that we served. I enjoyed saying that I worked at a restaurant proud of, and known for, their healthy menu items, and I enjoyed talking to customers about having a healthier option in the local area.
Nice co-workers
Higher level imployee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 13, 2016
Company is growing too fast in some areas and not fast enough in others. Open door policy, just don't attempt to exercise that offer.
Pros
Benefits, Lunch
Always room for growth
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 13, 2016
I became a shift leader pretty quickly, and was inspired by how much potential the management saw in me. Being a corporate restaurant, there were lots of rules and guidelines that had to be followed on a daily basis such as; health standards, cash handling, etc. My co-workers were mostly high school kids who were not very serious about the position. However, they were a pleasure to work with and gave me the respect that was required for me to be a good shift leader. The hardest part of the job was trying to refrain from becoming too stressed and completely wrapped up in my responsibilities (when outside of work). I learned that I have great leadership skills and am able to handle many different tasks and responsibilities at once.
Pros
Free shift meal, very organized
Cons
Stressful, not appreciated
If you like food service, a good place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 4, 2016
I left for better opportunities. The work culture became very corporation focus instead of people focused. Great food though!
Cons
Non- Flexible Hours
Job
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Colony, TXMarch 22, 2016
This was a job that not everyone got along and we couldn't work as a team because no one agreed with each other. I learned so much if we wanted the restaurant to run smooth we had to work as a group so when they would be fighting I would stay away its the best thing you can do.
Productive but, management was not very professional
Texas - Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 15, 2016
A typical work day at Zoe's Kitchen was very high volume during lunch hours (12pm-4pm) I learned quite a lot of skills such as making bank deposits, filling bank deposits forms, food preparation, food expediting, and many more. Management was not what I expected was at times too laid back but, were very polite and respectful. Co workers at the time I had been working at Zoe's were easy to get along with and very respectful. The hardest part of the job was food preparation. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with co workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no breaks, no healthcare
Best Fast Food place I have worked
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FL 32606March 12, 2016
This is where I got started as a manager. Very loyal company always trying to improve. Bringing in new products very enjoyable place to work.
good times
Kitchen Leader (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 7, 2016
I enjoyed working in zoes. most of my time was training for a posiion that i ended up leaving, but i love the food and theam I worked wit was amazing!
Great Company
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Company cares about its employees .
Co-Workers are fun and caring, learning a lot.

I love the fact that I have a great time and I can count on them 100%
Company is great, management here is awful.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Unless you came over to this restaurant from where our manager previously worked, you're not getting more than ~13 hours a week. You can talk to the manager a million times about something and he will say he'll fix something, but take weeks to actually do it. The only good thing is that when needed, you'd get the time off that you requested...if he remembered to look at the calendar before he made the schedule. I wouldn't tell anyone to work here at all. The cooks were the only reason I enjoyed this job. It's easy work, but it isn't worth the stress of figuring out if you'll be working more than 4 hours a week and figuring out how you're going to pay your bills.
Zoes Kitchen itself is a fantastic company who cares for their employees. But if the management at one of their franchises could care less, it doesn't work out.
Pros
time off usually granted
Cons
management is awful
Productive and Energetic
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 28, 2015
I love working for Zoes Kitchen! It is challenging, productive, high energy and people focused!y I recently opened a new restaurant for the company. It was amazing to create something out of nothing. Within 5 months of being open my food cost is controlled as well as labor. It is rewarding to see the results our hard work has created!
Mediterrainian food with a souther twist
line cook/host (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 14, 2015
My favorite part of this job was my co-workers. We all tried pulling our own weight and made it much easier for the next worker. the hardest part of the job was running the shift short handed. We made it work but to often we could have used another worker, but that is were our great teamwork came into play. This was DEF one of my best jobs. Its a wicked shame that a personal issue ruined it because I saw myself working for this company for a VERY long time
Pros
free meals, great staff, great customers
Cons
working 13 hour shifts EVERY Sat and Sun ALWAYS

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zoes Kitchen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.