Zones, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not a good fit for me.
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 20, 2017
I'm a Senior sales person, lots of experience and not well suited to the channel in general.

I disliked working at Zones but it was more about being poorly suited to the VAR channel in general. My overall outlook and history was with OEM companies, like those who are Zones represents to customers.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Not very sophisticated or forward thinking in their approach or style.
Average Review
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 25, 2017
It is not bad, get to be your own boss essentially since it is a sales job. Compensation is decent for a first job but poor if you do not preform well.
Zones Inc
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 17, 2017
The culture is nice, and so is the work life balance. The pay is lower than it should be and many people have two jobs just to make it here. Everyone that works here is very nice though.
Pros
Nice breaks
Cons
not enough compensation
A great learning experience
Lead Corporate sales and product Trainer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 12, 2017
High tasking
Management is great in sales but lack's in other areas
great co-workers
hardest part of the job is not feeling like an asset
Pros
great learning company
Cons
bad salaries and hard to move up the chain
Opportunity for lateral movement
Sr. Software Licensing Executive (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 11, 2017
This is a decent company to work for, There are several opportunities for lateral movement, and a handful of helpful management teams.
Open sales floor with a pleasant social scene.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2017
Zones has a good sales position available at their downtown location. They give you ample time to train those that are unfamiliar with the IT field, but once the training is over. You are on your own, unless you are able to adjust and ask for help. They have catered events multiple times a month which helps balance the "Smile & Dial" approach they have for sales.

The hardest part will have to be the cold calling, if you are unfamiliar. The next thing would be knowing the pipeline, as far as, knowing whom to contact once you have an opportunity.

During my time at Zones, I never had a consistent manager, but the managers that were available were willing to share their knowledge from their sales experience.
Pros
Catered Events, No lunch punch
Cons
Atmosphere
The worst company I have ever worked for
Brand Champion (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 5, 2017
About 2 weeks into this job it was apparent to me that my entire interviewing process was misleading and incorrect. Props to them for actually fooling people into coming to work here. Micromanaging is their business model. There is ZERO trust in their employeees. Everyone claws over each other to reach to the top and will throw you under the bus at a moments notice. I have consistently got in trouble for doing my job, because i was not doing it in the way they want me to. If you dont produce quality work, it doesnt matter, as long as you sit at your desk and look busy you will be fine. I pray for the people that drink the company kool-aid. There is so much better out there! I have been looking for a new job since my first month here. The previous review stating Zones writes good reviews to boost their rating doesnt surprise me at all. This company is so shady. Including the CEO using company money for his own benefit.
Pros
If you live in South Seattle your commute is great.
Cons
basically everything!!!!
Beware of this Company...Stay Away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WADecember 15, 2016
I worked at Zones for over five years and I agree with the person who left the review that they promise you the world, but don't deliver.

If you are not in Sales or making the company money, forget about it, you will stay a number, be disrespected, and remain unappreciated. You are also underpaid with no bonuses or annual pay raises. The management doesn't recognize your efforts and growth is minimal and very limited.

You should also know that all reviews where the company is rated positively and above 4 stars, it's about 95% false. There is a Zones team that stages good reviews and posts it on careers websites to help bring the company ratings up because it's a disaster working for this company which makes it hard for them to keep talented people.

The only thing I got out of that company, was the friends that I made while being there.
Pros
Paychecks are on time.
Cons
It's dull working there - No growth, no pay raises, not a challenging environment (mundane work), no excitement. High turnover rate across all departments, which is a message in itself.
Lack of business led to job elimination
Systems Engineer - Mobility (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2016
I was contacted by Zones by a recruiter that offered the moon and the stars. I was promised a very busy workload that never materialized. I spent the majority of my time studying for certification that I never got to take due to my layoff.

There didn't seem to be any culture at all. I rarely met anyone and I only participated in about 4 project during my 6 month tenure. I enjoyed the work when it was there and was paranoid of job loss when I was not busy.

Unfortunately the lack of business caused the company to reevaluate my position and they decided to reorganize and eliminate my job.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Lack of direction and limited client base in the SE
Excellent Training
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2016
Came in with minimal experience in sales. After an intense month long training, the day I started I felt very confident to jump on a call and grow my client list.
great people nice office
Documentation manager-editor-writer (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAApril 12, 2016
I do not write reviews in anyway shape or form but you won't let me proceed until I write 20 words minimum so here they are and that is that. Done.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Loved this place
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 16, 2015
This was a fun job, great environment. good managers, great training. good pay, good schedule. lots of perks.
great benefits. free food at times.
Pros
free food, great benefits and pay
Cons
some frequent changes hard to keep up with
Fun environment but horrible management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 9, 2015
The working environment with coworkers is extremely fun! Most of them feel your frustration, so that puts everyone on the same page, to the point where everyone is uplifting and encouraging. They also want everyone to do well.

Too bad that can’t be said for the management. Every manager is on their own sheet of music. They tell employees misleading/conflicting information. In the end, the management make this job miserable to the point where NO ONE wants to be there.
Pros
Fun environment, family like atmosphere amongst coworkers
Cons
Every department does their own thing, cold calling for AE’s, management, unrealistic expectations, COLD CALLING
Fast paced with a variety of learning and career options
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 12, 2015
Great company for those looking to gain entry in to the world of IT. I started looking for a career in marketing and I feel my experiences there put me in the position to take that on.
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 22, 2015
Strong need to be able to multi-task between answering phones, general emails, personal emails and personal requests from sales associates.

Great team work and training within company

A lot of room for growth
Pros
Team work and training
Cons
Work load
Ok company to work fo
Freight Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 9, 2015
Extremely Sales oriented company, Sales drives everything and runs everything at the company. A very top heavy company not enough support staff to support their sales teams. Most of the people who work at Zones are good people.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Poor planning and lacks the ability to follow their own procedures
Great Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 2, 2015
Love the culture and people I worked with. Need to work on life - work balance. Also love the vendors that I worked / partnered with.
Pros
Love the culture
Cons
Life work balance
Data Migration Project
Contractor SmartSource (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 30, 2015
Great company! Really enjoy working with them. The management is top notch. I would work for this company on any contract.
Great Training Team
Enterprise Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WA 98001August 23, 2015
Zones is well known for their excellent in house training which I enjoyed.
They are expanding, and over the 12 years I was there I learned a lot and also developed excellent vendor relations.
Pros
Lunch and Learns Excellent product training
Cons
Long term loyalty could be improved
Challenging workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 7, 2015
Manage marketing projects providing the assignment, design and daily tracking of marketing campaigns, following loading 200+ sales ops to appropriate sales teams for weekly follow up.
Implemented campaign management process with quicker SLAs, waterfall reports, segmentation analysis, and quality control practices.
Primary point of contact to three sales divisions for all data operations, reporting/analyses, and strategic direction; providing recommendations for whitespace penetration for managed accounts.
Implement new enhanced data elements from data partners, such as Dun & Bradstreet; allowing over 400 account executives with deeper insight into customer and prospect management.
Ensure execution of business imperatives between managers across of all verticals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zones, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7