Zones, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun environment but horrible management
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 9, 2015
The working environment with coworkers is extremely fun! Most of them feel your frustration, so that puts everyone on the same page, to the point where everyone is uplifting and encouraging. They also want everyone to do well.

Too bad that can’t be said for the management. Every manager is on their own sheet of music. They tell employees misleading/conflicting information. In the end, the management make this job miserable to the point where NO ONE wants to be there.
Pros
Fun environment, family like atmosphere amongst coworkers
Cons
Every department does their own thing, cold calling for AE’s, management, unrealistic expectations, COLD CALLING
Fast paced with a variety of learning and career options
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 12, 2015
Great company for those looking to gain entry in to the world of IT. I started looking for a career in marketing and I feel my experiences there put me in the position to take that on.
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 22, 2015
Strong need to be able to multi-task between answering phones, general emails, personal emails and personal requests from sales associates.

Great team work and training within company

A lot of room for growth
Pros
Team work and training
Cons
Work load
Ok company to work fo
Freight Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 9, 2015
Extremely Sales oriented company, Sales drives everything and runs everything at the company. A very top heavy company not enough support staff to support their sales teams. Most of the people who work at Zones are good people.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Poor planning and lacks the ability to follow their own procedures
Great Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 2, 2015
Love the culture and people I worked with. Need to work on life - work balance. Also love the vendors that I worked / partnered with.
Pros
Love the culture
Cons
Life work balance
Data Migration Project
Contractor SmartSource (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 30, 2015
Great company! Really enjoy working with them. The management is top notch. I would work for this company on any contract.
Great Training Team
Enterprise Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WA 98001August 23, 2015
Zones is well known for their excellent in house training which I enjoyed.
They are expanding, and over the 12 years I was there I learned a lot and also developed excellent vendor relations.
Pros
Lunch and Learns Excellent product training
Cons
Long term loyalty could be improved
Challenging workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 7, 2015
Manage marketing projects providing the assignment, design and daily tracking of marketing campaigns, following loading 200+ sales ops to appropriate sales teams for weekly follow up.
Implemented campaign management process with quicker SLAs, waterfall reports, segmentation analysis, and quality control practices.
Primary point of contact to three sales divisions for all data operations, reporting/analyses, and strategic direction; providing recommendations for whitespace penetration for managed accounts.
Implement new enhanced data elements from data partners, such as Dun & Bradstreet; allowing over 400 account executives with deeper insight into customer and prospect management.
Ensure execution of business imperatives between managers across of all verticals
Zones
Sales (Former Employee) –  illinoisAugust 3, 2015
This company pay is low.. They did see this has a problem, this might be fixed now. The internal system are very behind the times for being a technology company.
productive great place to work and advance
Credit Rep (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 24, 2015
Fun, informational environment. room for growth and advancement if desired. great leadership, motivated team. A leader in the industry. Great location in WA
Great please to work and a great gaming room to relax.
Federal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2015
We have to make 75 dials a day with 3.5 hours of talk time. The daily activity is mostly based on projects that the clients have for you. The management are great people to work with understanding and active to our needs.The best part of the job is when you start putting your orders through and the hard work paid off.
Pros
At times Free breakfast and Lunch
Cons
Chance of getting promoted is pretty slim with Zones.
Somewhat difficult place to work
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 2, 2015
Lots of communication issues between departments. Managers in the purchasing department have no skill in dealing with people. Management thinks they can fill open positions with anyone rather than people with skills.

I believe revamping their middle management in the logistics area would be very beneficial.

The job is moving more toward data entry rather than buying.
Promise the world but deliver on none
Pre-Sales Engineer / Cisco Unified Communications (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 25, 2015
Upon interviewing with Zones we had discussed many things that the job would entail, as well as in turn provide me. One of the big topics discussed was professional development, and advancement within the Company. Neither of which have been fulfilled. I have worked there over a year and have still not received any formalized training, nor the certifications that we had discussed. Additionally I have come to find out that my annual review while exemplary scores and reviews, I was denied any sort of raise. They operate within an archaic system infrastructure, and have a backwards mentality towards any kind of improvements. This company feels more like a daycare center or prison than a job for adults.
Pros
Cons
Chastised for using benefits, no room for growth, makes promises that they blatantly disreguard
Good opportunity to enhance skills and learn IT
Sr. Symantec Partner Sales Champion (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 8, 2015
Big push for AE's to sell Microsoft and Cisco, hard to make the quotas. Huge YoY growth expectations. Not much work life balance, required to be on the phones selling at all times.
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Lower pay than most other resellers
Productive within a deadline-driven environment
Order Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 12, 2015
Most of the days at work were very busy, Clients were very demanding, nothing I couldn't take care of.
I guess the hardest part of my job was convincing warehouse to expedite some special orders, the manager was kind of hard to get along with.
Zones is a place that allows for growth in a multitude of different areas.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 3, 2015
Working at Zones allowed me to be able to network and communicate with my co-workers to come up with solutions to problems for our customers.
Zones is a good place to start
Pre-Sales Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 11, 2015
Zones is a good company to gain experience for someone looking to get a foothold in the IT industry. The re-selling part of IT is growing quickly and always needs qualified engineers on the phone helping customers decide on a solution.
Pros
lots of swag and food
Cons
non-competitive pay
Fast paced, fast growing company
Purchasing Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 21, 2014
It is an exciting time to be with Zones. Many changes are happening for the better. This company is growing so very fast. Zones has locations growing all over the world.

A typical work day seems to just flow. I have learned many aspects of purchasing here. I started out placing drop-ship PO's and have now moved to a Buyer position. Always learning something new.
Pros
free food! vendor fairs!
Cons
not the greatest benefits
Great place for entry level learning
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 16, 2014
Appreciate the opportunity to learn and grow and would like have had a chance to gain more skills and apply.
Industry Standard
BRAND MANAGER FOR INTEL (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 10, 2014
I manage the Intel Brand for Zones and have done so for over three years
I've learned negotiating skills, account management and pivot table creation in Excel
My co workers make this place fun
I most enjoy working with my internal customers the Sales folks and I value the extensive training that is offered via my brand.
Pros
many opportunities to learn about multiple products
Cons
limited growth opportunities and not competitive in today's job market