Zones, Inc. Employee Reviews

good company to work for
Hardware / Software Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 21, 2018
Had a great supervisor, very helpful and supportive. The best supervisor that I ever had! Too bad I'm not allowed to mention their name! The configuration lab did start a product tracking system to measure productivity which was needed to ensure that product was configured and sent out to the customers in a timely fashion. Decide if it is important to you to have your metrics under constant scrutiny, it could depend on your work style and how much stress that you wish to tolerate!
Pros
some free lunches or dinners depending on what shift you were on, very helpful supervisors and co-workers!
Cons
when times were slow, it was hard to "look busy" workflow could have been better!
Poor management
Enterprise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2018
Long hours, account management with limited support from local sales ASM. Hard to determine company culture since I was a remote sales executive. Lots of turn over within the region because of poor middle management.
Pros
Advanced Technology solutions
Cons
poor leadership and management at a local level
Nice first time job for students entering workforce/IT Sales
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2018
Management has no clue what they are doing. A typical good 'ol boys culture. Super low paying and have an '80's style micromanagement bent. All sales management are more concerned about managing up rather than managing their direct reports or even understanding what their direct reports do.
Pros
None/would not recommend to anyone but a first timer
Cons
Low paying/worst benefits in the industry
I guess okay... if you're straight out of college
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJanuary 13, 2018
Not a bad place to gain experience but not a place for an long outlook of your career. Low pay, constant change to management and compensation... highly political... do not recommend.
Work hard play hard
Account Manager - ZBS Division (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WADecember 13, 2017
This is a profit center. Telephone IT sales position. If you are good over the phone, and can sale, you can make a 6 figure income.

It's cut-throat. Reps will "steal" accounts if possible. Not all managers play fair, a lot of "favorites" getting companies that produce income.

The hardest part is you are responsible for every step of the sales process, including shipping,negotiating sales price with vendors, if something doesn't ship you need to find way to locate product to complete order.

Fun company activities, sales promotions, if you are focused, this company pays you what you are worth.
Inside Sales driven organization
Sr. Software Licensing Executive (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 7, 2017
They may still have field sales people but a majority of the client interaction takes place in call centers in Seattle and Portland Oregon. I'm not sure this would be a good fit for a true outside sales person.
Pros
Home Office
Cons
Pay
pay rate
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILNovember 28, 2017
as IT Technician pay rate is like a typical staff in typical store . they don't care about staff experience and education they just want to their project being finished on time after that they probably gonna fire you.
Anatomy of a reseller
Manager Inside Solutions Architects (ISA) Group (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WANovember 21, 2017
Zones has always been a place with potential never realized. Poor management, compensation and environment continue to hold back what could be a very solid company.
Worse company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 12, 2017
By far worse company I have ever worked for. I'm still not sure how they haven't had a case lawsuit against this for pay discrimination. Upper Managers are terrible. Mixed directions and poor training.
Pros
nothing
Cons
they lie about what money you will make
Fun place to work.
Brand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 29, 2017
Zones is a great place to work - the people are amazing and helpful. I have made a lot of life-long friends during my time here. Everyone is easy-going.
Laid Back and Fun place to work.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 25, 2017
I doubt you'll find a a greater work atmosphere than zones. Management is extremely nice and supportive. Training is top notch. Everyone wants you to succeed.
Pros
Food, work environment, benefits, bonuses, paid trainings
Cons
Lack of great buying accounts
Work independently most of the time
Sr. Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 5, 2017
I spend a lot of time waiting for projects to develop and then rush to get the project installed. Field personnel have little direction until projects are ready to install.
fun place to work
Sales Manager I Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAOctober 1, 2017
Working as an Account Executive and later promoted to a Sales Manager, Zones was a company that always looked out for their employees "happiness" at work
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes, Free Breakfast sometimes, Gym, Yogo and Lounge on site
Cons
With this being a call center environment it is a very fast paced, very demanding job, all Stats are evaluated and if not up to par or exceeding you could lose you job very quickly
Slightly Annoying
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILSeptember 26, 2017
Higher level management ask for reports, you give it to them, they give it back because it's not what they wanted. In reality, they didn't like the colors you may have used to highlight important information. So there's that.
Great Company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 21, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Zones. Great culture, they take care of the employees in any way that they can. The management is very transparent in everything that they do and try as best they can to keep the sales staff in the loop as far as changes in company direction go.
no comment
Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CASeptember 21, 2017
i enjoyed most of my co-workers company. i have no bad feelings toward my co-workers. i learned more about different cultures. i shared the laughs and sorrows.
Zones Review
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 20, 2017
Pleasant working conditions, but low pay. Odd support hours during some of the hardware installation at the customer sites. Skeleton crew in the Bay Area
Pros
Independent working conditions
Cons
low pay
Once Zones finds the right direction and gets settled into all of their new changes they are going to be a force in the LSP/IT Solutions market.
Software Field Executive (Texas/Louisiana) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2017
With my job it there is a lot of information that you have to remember, but if you learn how to utilize your resources you can be just as competitive.

I enjoy the face to face time with my potential and existing customers, and the ability to travel within my territory.

My Director is tough, but he does not micromanage and allows you to run your book of business.

Of course, everyone has their days where they love their job and then they hate it, but overall for me it has been good working at Zones.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Commission payouts and Margin percentages that you are paid out on.
Biting too much change off with poor execution
Elite Healthcare Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 19, 2017
Currently Zones is changing a ton which is a good strategy but the way it is being implemented is being executed poorly. It is often that a decision comes down but the resources are not in place to execute or the plan is not fully vetted.
Pros
can leave work at work and not take home
Cons
limited upward mobility and constant change
An okay environment to learn sales, but not a place to develop a career,
Sales, negotiation (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
My time at Zones has been mostly unsatisfactory. The training I received left me very poorly prepared for my job responsibilities, so I was left to do a lot of learning on the job. Management places an almost unhealthy level importance on performance metrics over performance results. I understand why they do this, as metrics are conducive to results. However, Account Executives, are not able to develop skills and practices that work best for them. Instead, we're limited to the same standards and practices that keep us busy, but our margins thin. There is little room for advancement, and the base + commission structure leaves much to be desired. If you need help, you're better off asking another AE than management, which seems to have little interest in the AE's goals beyond the pre-assigned sales goals. This is not a job I would recommend to anyone who's serious about building a rewarding career in business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zones, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6