Zones, Inc.

Zones, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Training Team
Enterprise Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Auburn, WA 98001August 23, 2015
Pros: Lunch and Learns Excellent product training
Cons: Long term loyalty could be improved
Zones is well known for their excellent in house training which I enjoyed.
They are expanding, and over the 12 years I was there I learned a lot and also developed excellent vendor relations.
Challenging workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Auburn, WAAugust 7, 2015
Manage marketing projects providing the assignment, design and daily tracking of marketing campaigns, following loading 200+ sales ops to appropriate sales teams for weekly follow up.
Implemented campaign management process with quicker SLAs, waterfall reports, segmentation analysis, and quality control practices.
Primary point of contact to three sales divisions for all data operations, reporting/analyses, and strategic direction; providing recommendations for whitespace penetration for managed accounts.
Implement new enhanced data elements from data partners, such as Dun & Bradstreet; allowing over 400 account executives with deeper insight into customer and prospect management.
Ensure execution of business imperatives between managers across of all verticals
Zones
Sales (Former Employee), illinoisAugust 3, 2015
This company pay is low.. They did see this has a problem, this might be fixed now. The internal system are very behind the times for being a technology company.
productive great place to work and advance
Credit Rep (Former Employee), Auburn, WAJuly 24, 2015
Fun, informational environment. room for growth and advancement if desired. great leadership, motivated team. A leader in the industry. Great location in WA
Great please to work and a great gaming room to relax.
Federal Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2015
Pros: At times Free breakfast and Lunch
Cons: Chance of getting promoted is pretty slim with Zones.
We have to make 75 dials a day with 3.5 hours of talk time. The daily activity is mostly based on projects that the clients have for you. The management are great people to work with understanding and active to our needs.The best part of the job is when you start putting your orders through and the hard work paid off.
Somewhat difficult place to work
Buyer (Current Employee), Auburn, WAJuly 2, 2015
Lots of communication issues between departments. Managers in the purchasing department have no skill in dealing with people. Management thinks they can fill open positions with anyone rather than people with skills.

I believe revamping their middle management in the logistics area would be very beneficial.

The job is moving more toward data entry rather than buying.
Promise the world but deliver on none
Pre-Sales Engineer / Cisco Unified Communications (Current Employee), Auburn, WAJune 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Chastised for using benefits, no room for growth, makes promises that they blatantly disreguard
Upon interviewing with Zones we had discussed many things that the job would entail, as well as in turn provide me. One of the big topics discussed was professional development, and advancement within the Company. Neither of which have been fulfilled. I have worked there over a year and have still not received any formalized training, nor the certifications that we had discussed. Additionally I have come to find out that my annual review while exemplary scores and reviews, I was denied any sort of raise. They operate within an archaic system infrastructure, and have a backwards mentality towards any kind of improvements. This company feels more like a daycare center or prison than a job for adults.
Good opportunity to enhance skills and learn IT
Sr. Symantec Partner Sales Champion (Current Employee), Portland, ORJune 8, 2015
Pros: Lots of free food
Cons: Lower pay than most other resellers
Big push for AE's to sell Microsoft and Cisco, hard to make the quotas. Huge YoY growth expectations. Not much work life balance, required to be on the phones selling at all times.
Productive within a deadline-driven environment
Order Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Cerritos, CAMarch 12, 2015
Most of the days at work were very busy, Clients were very demanding, nothing I couldn't take care of.
I guess the hardest part of my job was convincing warehouse to expedite some special orders, the manager was kind of hard to get along with.
Zones is a place that allows for growth in a multitude of different areas.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 3, 2015
Working at Zones allowed me to be able to network and communicate with my co-workers to come up with solutions to problems for our customers.
Zones is a good place to start
Pre-Sales Network Engineer (Current Employee), Auburn, WAJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: lots of swag and food
Cons: non-competitive pay
Zones is a good company to gain experience for someone looking to get a foothold in the IT industry. The re-selling part of IT is growing quickly and always needs qualified engineers on the phone helping customers decide on a solution.
Fast paced, fast growing company
Purchasing Expeditor (Current Employee), Auburn, WAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: free food! vendor fairs!
Cons: not the greatest benefits
It is an exciting time to be with Zones. Many changes are happening for the better. This company is growing so very fast. Zones has locations growing all over the world.

A typical work day seems to just flow. I have learned many aspects of purchasing here. I started out placing drop-ship PO's and have now moved to a Buyer position. Always learning something new.
Great place for entry level learning
Account Executive (Former Employee), Auburn, WAOctober 16, 2014
Appreciate the opportunity to learn and grow and would like have had a chance to gain more skills and apply.
Industry Standard
BRAND MANAGER FOR INTEL (Current Employee), Auburn, WAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: many opportunities to learn about multiple products
Cons: limited growth opportunities and not competitive in today's job market
I manage the Intel Brand for Zones and have done so for over three years
I've learned negotiating skills, account management and pivot table creation in Excel
My co workers make this place fun
I most enjoy working with my internal customers the Sales folks and I value the extensive training that is offered via my brand.
Productive and fun work environment.
Account Executive (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: everything rolls downhill to the account executive
constructive environment. Want you to succeed. There is pressure to make a lot of dials and talk time.
Very Productive
Onsite/Field Account Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: management decisions
Straight business people.
Co-Workers are cool here.
Good company to work with for long term. Growth rate is average.
Good Place to work
HW/SW Renewals Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasAugust 15, 2014
Zones was a good place to work and I would recommend it to anyone in or wanting to live in the Pacific Northwest.
The people I worked with are fantastic.
Computer Operator III (Former Employee), Auburn, WAJuly 31, 2014
Great friends, overall it's a good company to work for because of our the friends I gain.
Not my type of career.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Auburn WashingtonJune 27, 2014
Working for Zones showed me the corporate life, i was required to cold call to generate business while maintaining a strong connection with customers I already had. I needed to dial at least 60 numbers with at least 2.5 hours of talk time. I was not happy with the pushy and overbearing sales person that thrives in those types of positions so I decided it was not for me. I was more customer service oriented and was there to help out the customers who did put their trust in me.
One of the Better Trained Channel Resellers
Software ISR (Current Employee), Auburn, WashingtonJune 10, 2014
Pros: partner-sponsored breakfast and snacks
Cons: healthcare options
Zones is one of the top IT Channel resellers in the country and has its core strengths in training.
The people are dedicated to what they do and are friendly to work with.
Industry