Zones Employee Reviews in United States

Great Stepping Stone
Associate Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 22, 2016
Zones is a great place to go and develop your skillset. The pay is below industry standards, but if you're looking to build experience there are plenty of opportunities there. Unfortunately, they have embraced the big business mentality so don't expect the personal touch you would find at a smaller business and don't be surprised if it's soul crushing.
Pros
onsite "gym" and showers
Cons
going through a painful transitory phase
Great Team within our Region
Vice President of Sales and Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I was able to build my team, and it's a team of talented employees with a high level of Integrity. We grew the business over 100% in 3 years.
Pros
MBE, Global
Cons
Compensation is well below industry standard, Too many spreadsheet "readers". (Don't get the Big Picture)
Zones
Enterprise Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2015
Good Reseller to work for, Needs to invest more into the advertising side of things. Very good at supplying out of the box delivery solutions.
Zones Review
Product Specialist - Adobe (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 8, 2015
I've been fortunate to work with some brilliant people that have really helped me learn more about this industry, but I have come to a point in my current position where there is no room for advancement.
Very goal-oriented workplace
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 25, 2015
Zones allowed me to gain knowledge regarding hospitals and IT products and services with hands-on sales experience. On my sales team, I achieved the award for most customer quotes and first-time buyers.
Lack of Integrity
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 14, 2015
After being in Training for a month when I first started, it was difficult getting in touch with my manager to find out when I was able to join the team, my work schedule etc. After getting a hold of him, i then did job shadowing for another three weeks. So, after about almost two months I was finally at my own desk and was giving some work to do. Shortly after getting all ramped up I was told that our competition plan was changing and commission was being taken away from me. Imagine the world wind I was put through, when I say lack of integrity that was just one example. The lack of management that was provided made the job a bit more difficult when it came to certain things I need assistance with to provide the best service for the customer and only a manager could override, made it an unpleasant experience for not only myself but the customer(s). And that happen way to often. Most difficult part about the job was the lack of integrity from the CEO and down, their motto was making the company as much money as possible even if that means you have to lie/steal from other businesses and companies. I enjoyed the schedule that i had, it made it a little easier to maintain a glance with work and my life outside of work.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Benefits and Compensation.
Poor experience
Corporate Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2014
overall the company and position were not very great. Boring office, bad leads, not competitive. I would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else
Contract work
Windows 7 migration Technician (Former Employee) –  TampaSeptember 19, 2014
Short contract
project type work
I got to work in a different environment
Easy job with low pay
Account Executive, State K-12 and Education (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Easy job but very repetitive and there are very little incentives to go beyond the standard metrics. Management needs to pay more bonuses for goals that we hit.
Pros
easy job
Cons
poor pay, repetitive
Great place to begin your career
Sales Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 23, 2014
The company as a whole is a great place to start your career while building experience. You can learned many assets such as communicating with customers, how to rebuttal rejections, and gain knowledge of the sales environment. The downfall of this company is the lack of structure and management skills. Every few months there are new managers who are given their new position based on how well they did on the sales floor, not how they managed or worked with others. You find quickly that you need to work hard to find your own answers and ways to expand your book of business. Overall, I feel because of this unique way of managing I learned how to push myself and not wait for others to get projects completed.
Great atmosphere
Integration Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJanuary 29, 2014
Great place to solidify current skills. Typical day consists of multiple projects (but not overbearing) and constant knowledge of workflow.
Pros
free lunches, own break cubicle
Cons
temporary
Great culture
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2013
Zones is building a great/fun place to work and develop your skills. They train you on hunting for business and closing the deal. Management is great, coworkers are even better. Best part of the job is all the perks from the vendors. Lunches/happy-hours and spiffs. Negatives- Its almost impossible to earn good commissions.
Pros
free lunches/spiffs/great location
Cons
money earning potential
Productive place to work
Systems Configuration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream , ILJuly 8, 2013
Manage Systems Configurations Design and implement computer and information networks, such as local
area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications
networks. Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning. Researched and recommended network and
data communications hardware and software. Designed network and computer security measures. Ensure
technical and functional designs to meet business requirements.
Very productive and great people to work with
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 6, 2013
Zones was my first job out of college. I really enjoyed the people and the sense of community you get from day to day. Being a account executive was really tough but fun at times because you have to cold call other businesses and engage with people who really do not want to speak with you. You have to deal with being hung up on, yelled at and ultimately rude people. I can say that besides the difficult times you have all the support around you in order to get better and receive the training that you need in order to sell the products to the best of your abilities.
Pros
training, team and mangement support, vendor fairs, lunch ins, bbq's
Cons
your status at this job is based on your numbers and it is too much of a roller coaster ride, sometimes a lot of work means little reward.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJune 5, 2012
Great place to work and with great programs and benefits and nice staffs.