Zones Employee Reviews

Not fun at all
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 18, 2017
I did not like anything about Zones, I did not like the training. They had upper management talking trash about one another. Management telling us different things.
Good workplace, you can learn a lot
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 10, 2017
Good work life balance. Management is helpful in pushing for career advancement. Can be challenging and a good environment to learn different technologies.
Pros
can work remotely
Cons
lots of turnover in staff.
Not a total loss
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 1, 2017
The typcial day at work is tracking activities associate with Partners that you manage. As well as emails for requests from Partner/ Account Executives and management.
I have moved up in the company but they do tend to push you to your limits at times.
The people are great, everyone is hardworking! Never a bored moment at Zones.
Management views and agendas change regularly, be prepared for constant change with direction and how to run your business.
The people and the perks are always great!
Pros
People, perks, free stuff
Sales organization with a sales attitude
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2016
It's smile and dial and find a way to create sales opportunities. If you're comfortable with the inside sales lifestyle you'll do well here. If not, avoid it. Occasional free lunches, base plus commission, good coworkers are pros. The hardest part of any sales job is prospecting. Most enjoyable part is the paycheck. Like any other sales job.
Ambitious Reaching
Software Exeutive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 18, 2016
Antiquated business model, lacks marker innovation and growth dynamic. It's competitor has tripled their revenue in the past few years, this company has struggled to grow 25%, lacks adaptability, has a criminally low cost operation model.
Great Place to work!
Sr. Sales Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WASeptember 7, 2016
The culture and people are awesome. Very challenging and interesting place to work for. I enjoyed my time with Zones and look forward to new opportunities.
Pros
All positive
Cons
No negatives
Developing Federal Division business
Federal Account Manager, Channels (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 18, 2016
Handle cybersecurity vendors.
Hunt for business opportuntiies for solutions.
Respond to SEWP bids
Advocate for Zones and working partnerships with strategic small business.
Pros
Work from Home.
Cons
Federal is still a slow roll for development. Lack of input, despite more experience than many inside company in Seattle and Chicago.
Sr. Account Executive
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2016
Typical day consists of approximately 50-60 dials including both outbound and inbound prospecting. Build relationships with both customers and manufacturers. Great work/life balance.
Pros
Free lunch, work flexibiilty
Cons
More comparable to a start up
PPM Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 27, 2016
Great starter job. It was hard to leave the old co workers there. I would go back if there was better management there. Need better pay.
Pros
Great friends
Cons
Managment
Awesome people management and vendors
SLED Account Manager - Texas Territory (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2016
Awesome place to work. A ton of help from everyone, and a ton of learning goes on here. People there are very interesting and lively.
Microsoft Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 27, 2016
A typical day of work consists of about 60-80 cold calls and 2 hours of talk time.

I have learned valuable business to business negotiations as well as strategy.

Everything is essentially on your own with little help from management.

Good place to cut your teeth in sales, but not for everyone.
Pros
free lunches, nice people
Cons
everything else
Great Stepping Stone
Associate Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 22, 2016
Zones is a great place to go and develop your skillset. The pay is below industry standards, but if you're looking to build experience there are plenty of opportunities there. Unfortunately, they have embraced the big business mentality so don't expect the personal touch you would find at a smaller business and don't be surprised if it's soul crushing.
Pros
onsite "gym" and showers
Cons
going through a painful transitory phase
Great Team within our Region
Vice President of Sales and Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I was able to build my team, and it's a team of talented employees with a high level of Integrity. We grew the business over 100% in 3 years.
Pros
MBE, Global
Cons
Compensation is well below industry standard, Too many spreadsheet "readers". (Don't get the Big Picture)
Enterprise Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2015
Good Reseller to work for, Needs to invest more into the advertising side of things. Very good at supplying out of the box delivery solutions.
Zones Review
Product Specialist - Adobe (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 8, 2015
I've been fortunate to work with some brilliant people that have really helped me learn more about this industry, but I have come to a point in my current position where there is no room for advancement.
Very goal-oriented workplace
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 25, 2015
Zones allowed me to gain knowledge regarding hospitals and IT products and services with hands-on sales experience. On my sales team, I achieved the award for most customer quotes and first-time buyers.
Lack of Integrity
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 14, 2015
After being in Training for a month when I first started, it was difficult getting in touch with my manager to find out when I was able to join the team, my work schedule etc. After getting a hold of him, i then did job shadowing for another three weeks. So, after about almost two months I was finally at my own desk and was giving some work to do. Shortly after getting all ramped up I was told that our competition plan was changing and commission was being taken away from me. Imagine the world wind I was put through, when I say lack of integrity that was just one example. The lack of management that was provided made the job a bit more difficult when it came to certain things I need assistance with to provide the best service for the customer and only a manager could override, made it an unpleasant experience for not only myself but the customer(s). And that happen way to often. Most difficult part about the job was the lack of integrity from the CEO and down, their motto was making the company as much money as possible even if that means you have to lie/steal from other businesses and companies. I enjoyed the schedule that i had, it made it a little easier to maintain a glance with work and my life outside of work.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Benefits and Compensation.
Poor experience
Corporate Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2014
overall the company and position were not very great. Boring office, bad leads, not competitive. I would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
free lunch
Cons
everything else
Contract work
Windows 7 migration Technician (Former Employee) –  TampaSeptember 19, 2014
Short contract
project type work
I got to work in a different environment
Easy job with low pay
Account Executive, State K-12 and Education (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2014
Easy job but very repetitive and there are very little incentives to go beyond the standard metrics. Management needs to pay more bonuses for goals that we hit.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Poor pay, repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zones. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval