Zoom Tan Employee Reviews

Friendly work atmosphere, great staff, very flexible
Tanning Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYJuly 19, 2017
I love working for ZoomTan. It's a great company to work for. You have so many opportunities to continuing to grow and expand your horizons. You're constantly learning new things about the products coming in and it's so fun to see a client coming in loving what you sold to them and seeing them get the color they are looking for!
Pros
Half off of products, free membership, making commission.
The management was wonderful!!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamburg, NYJuly 8, 2017
* Zoom Tan is a very professional organization. It is also very
competitive to work for!! Stressful!! But enjoyable!!!
* I learned how to be patient, but assertive.
* Management is supportive, helpful with high expectations!
* Workplace culture is clean, organized, professional and friendly.
* Hardest part of the job is the intense amount of cleaning and the
very high expectations.
* The most enjoyable part of the job are the clients and the
managers!!!
Pros
free spray tan
Cons
high sales expectations
Don't do it!
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 13, 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for. Everyday brings a new problem. Corporate treats employees and customers horribly. Want everything for nothing. It's unbelievable what this company gets away with.
Pros
Free Tanning
Cons
Just about everything
Very Involved Corporate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 6, 2017
Although you mainly work alone, the managerial and corporate staff can check in on you any time via the video cameras, phone calls, and computer monitoring.
Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYMay 25, 2017
Fantastic company to work for. I absolutely loved my store manager who is no longer there. I still tan here and the ladies working there now are not the friendlist
Worst job ever
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 12, 2017
If you want to know how bad Zoom Tan is. They send frequent emails to employees begging them for positive reviews online. They're just really, really bad. Like other people have mentioned the CEO is very likely insane. He makes the weirdest rules and then get mad at employees and customers when they don't follow them. He watches everyone on multiple cameras in every salon. You don't get breaks, you have to stand all day. If you do manage to eat something you have to do it in the broom closet because you can't eat at the register. The salons are hot and smelly. The customers are always mad and yelling at you while you try to talk to someone at corporate who can't or won't help you. It's honestly the worst job I ever had. I'm glad I don't work there any more.
Pros
Free Tanning
Cons
No breaks, Bad management, Angry clients
Horrible
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMarch 1, 2017
Horrible company to work for do not become a manager the company is terrible to work for there's no vacation time they give you your paid time off and every single paycheck their views are ridiculous they are extremely religious extremely political
zoom
Customer Sevice (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 27, 2016
Fun job customers are there for something they want and are excited.had 6 managers in the short time I worked there. Company was new then maybe they have figured out how to operate by now
Pros
free tanning
Easy
Salon Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 18, 2016
Easy tasks, great environment, free tanning, great products, good opportunities for extra money, non stressful, many locations
fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NYOctober 5, 2016
this was a goal-oriented sales job. although sometimes it was difficult to hit your sales, it was a very rewarding feel to hit your sales goals. altogether, fun and great atmosphere.

Want to know more about Zoom Tan?

Ask a question
Zoom Tan Treats Employees & Clients Terribly
salon associate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FloridaSeptember 15, 2016
When I worked at Zoom Tan I had to constantly deal with angry clients because their customer service is terrible, their policies are inconsistent, and the head boss would often get involved and insult clients. They also had a strict no refund policy even if the client had a real reason for getting a refund. But, really the CEO is the number one problem with working at Zoom Tan. He is an arrogant, mean, and opinionated man. He has to win every argument and can never admit that he is wrong about anything. Despite what they say on other websites like Glassdoor, you will very likely deal with the CEO. He is a micromanaging lunatic. Especially if you work in Naples, where the headquarters is, you can expect to see him personally. He would often pop into stores and berate and belittle the store employees. On several occasions he made the girls cry by being so mean to them. If you work at one of the other locations in Florida or in New York you probably won't see him that often. But, because they watch you constantly on camera like a bunch of creepy stalkers, he will be seeing what you do. The moment you do anything that he thinks is wrong or gets around any of his crazy rules he will call or email you and either fire you or at least threaten to fire you. He will at least insult and belittle you for not doing what he thought you should do. It really is a sad and terrible place to work. You are usually alone and are constantly confronted by angry customers. A lot of times when you're alone creepy guys will hang out and try to flirt with you. You have to eat lunch in a closet with the  more... cleaning chemicals. But, you usually don't get a break because you are alone and constantly have to deal with people coming into the store.  less
Pros
Free Tanning
Cons
No breaks, insulting and insane management
A bad place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Zoom Tan is a crazy place to work. The big boss is crazy and paranoid. Despite what they say on sites like Glassdoor, they really do watch you constantly on camera. I know this for a fact because I used to work at the corporate office and they were ALWAYS watching people on camera hoping to catch employees doing something wrong. That's really creepy. Who wants to work for a company with such a complete lack of trust in their employees?
Pros
Insane Paranoia
Cons
Being watched on camera all the time.
Truth
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 25, 2016
After working at the corporate level of this company for a few years I feel I am fully qualified to review it.There is a vision here, a vision that has been horribly lost. The president is a pioneer in the industry. Sadly he has turned his vision over to others to be managed.
Pros
New York
Cons
Doo
Self-sufficient
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NYJuly 21, 2016
I was trained for a few weeks then on my shifts I worked alone once I was trained. A typical day was to clean the salon, assist customers with new accounts and existing ones, put out products for customers. I learned how to be self-sufficient and very good time management skills. The hardest part of the job was never being given a break due to being the only one working. The customers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Was a great place at first then went downhill
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJanuary 31, 2016
It started out great then it slowly started going down hill as the seasons changed! Certain management is terrible and don't know what they are doing. You mainly see repeat customers but get in trouble if you don't sell to them every time you see them. Was forced out because I was not selling to their standards due to high prices and repeat customers. Did not sign anything saying I resigned but received a paper saying my resignation date and such. They definitely do not go by the book
Pros
The people you meet
Cons
The people higher up in company
very easy
sales (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 9, 2016
the work is super super easy. I would recommend this for most people as long as you are good with people. its a sales job and you do work on commission
Pros
work allone
Cons
people can be rude
Zoomtan
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYOctober 27, 2015
I absolutely loved this job. The atmosphere and people I worked with were amazing. Building a rapport with my customers was honestly the best part of this job. Helping customers feel better and look better about themselves was definitely a perk of working here.
Pros
Free money if you make commission
Cons
Almost impossible to make commission if you didnt sell anything.
Tanning
Salon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 22, 2015
Co workers were helpful, for the most part. Management needs help, a lot of sketchy things going on. Very strict about cleaning, its a tad bit excessive. If you're sick and no one can cover for you, they will make you work the shift. If they don't like you they will bully you into quitting.
N/a
SALON MANAGER (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 15, 2015
Turnover is awful. People who have been their longer and know the ropes don't get priority over new employees for DM positions
Unprofessional but easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New YorkApril 26, 2015
Management is not trained to be management. Very unprofessional upper management and corporate. Forced to meet sales goals, no matter how slow the salons are or hours get cut.
Pros
You get the salon to yourself, when it's slow you can just chill out
Cons
Impossible sales goals at slow salons, manangement is unprofessional