Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Manager
Zoostores is looking for a smart Search Marketing Manager. The Search Marketing Manager will drive Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Product Listing Ads (PLA’s) and Retargeting programs. The Search Marketing manager is responsible for building and managing SEM and PPC accounts.
This is a fun but fast-paced environment. This candidate will report to a Director of Marketing.
WHY THIS IS A COOL JOB
We are an investor funded start-up with long history in Ecommerce. We have an open floorplan and cross group discussion is frequent. We believe that the best start-up is a collaborative one, so be ready to work with others from all parts of the organization We have frequent in-office Fantasy Sports leagues, Pro-bono team building events, and have a beer & wine fridge in office. As a start-up great ideas and taking the initiative are rewarded. We have multiple product offerings beyond ecommerce including a daily deals site and several other projects coming in 2013.
- Manage, build and grow SEM Campaigns, including keyword expansions, ads
- Manage and optimize SEM performance including bid optimization, ad copy testing and landing page testing
- Create and manage reporting on daily SEM performance
- Manage performance of PLA’s and Display advertising
- Drive new initiatives in PPC program
Profession Qualifications for this position:
- 1-2 Years of SEM experience or online marketing experience
- BA or BS preferably in quantitative fields like Economics
- Google Adwords certified preferable
- Comprehensive knowledge of the primary search engines and associated algorithms
- Experience with large (100,000+ search terms) PPC campaigns and leveraging the 'long tail'
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with Google Analytics preferable
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact with senior executives, staff, customers, and business partners
Bonus points if:
- Experience in an ecommerce business
- Experience in creating in landing pages and familiarity with HTML
- You’re highly analytical, and can dive into the numbers. We don’t do calculus on a daily basis, but we’re not afraid of numbers. We use Excel. A lot.
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- You love Shopping. Be prepared to talk about your favorite online shopping experiences and why they were memorable
Zoostores.com is a leading online retailer running hundreds of unique specialty sites like rowingmachines.com & zoostores.com. We are based in San Mateo and are hiring for an SEM Manager. This is a great opportunity for highly analytic individuals looking to push the needle on Pay Per Click programs.