Zucker, Goldberg & Ackerman, LLC

Zucker, Goldberg & Ackerman, LLC Employer Reviews

ok place to work
Direct Source Specialist (Former Employee), Mountainside, NJOctober 27, 2014
More training would be helpful for remote employees. The training should have been more for remote employees
Would not recommend this company to anyone
paralegal (Former Employee), Mountainside, NJSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: 401k plan
Cons: everything else.
I worked there for many, many years. Was a decent place to work way back when but the more people they hired the worse it got. If a manager/supervisor does not like you they find a way to fire you and make it look like it was your fault. Loyalty and hard work does not get recognized or appreciated. The work is "assembly line" work and they keep piling on more work and expect you to get it done in the same amount of time. You get "written up" for every little thing and some are outright lies. Managers do not know how to manage or deal with people. If they like you they treat you better than someone they do not like. I have spoken with many people while I worked there and not one was happy to work there. Everyone was stressed and dreaded coming to work every day.
Digital Factory Work
Paralegal (Former Employee), New JerseyNovember 13, 2013
Pros: technology?
Cons: everyone works from home leaving a human void for quality work to be produced.
It really is a shame this firm did not meet the standards of a decent place to work. There lacks intellectual curiosity and analytical thinking by the staff. Procedures and processes are kept within the confines of management. I guess for the sake of privacy they dumbed down the work where questions are considered a negative. Everyone wants to work remotely and away from each other creating a hostile work environment. Technology is great to process failed bank loans given this depression, but there lacks the human element to understand the impact on lives.

I love working hard and being productive but not at Zucker. For me it was like shoveling water out of a sinking boat.
Worst company I ever worked for!
Bankruptcy "Specialist" (Current Employee), Mountainside, NJNovember 8, 2012
Cons: way too many to name. horrible work environment; management is a joke.
This "law firm" is a joke, and horrible to work for. I only stay because it is close to my home, and I do not have a long commute (1/2 hour). They are not, by any means, a law firm. It is a factory. All they care about are your "numbers". The number processed, the number completed, etc. The do not have real paralegals working here - they are clerical assistants who are taught 1 part of an overall process. Their only responsibility is their 1 part. Just like a factory. Management has NO legal experience or background. Their work ethic is horrible, and it is passed on to the employees. Absolutely the WORST job I have ever had in my life! And don't expect to get paid what you normally get if you have any legal experience. Their compensation is horrid.
Worse Placed I've Worked at
. (Former Employee), .October 16, 2012
Pros: commute distance
Maybe it was the department I worked in, but it was the worse places I've ever worked at. The pay sucked, for the volume of work. The department manager never stood for his/her staff. Manager was a push over for other departments. Other departments would dump work on us and our manager would never push back.

There is no lunch room or cafeteria. I guess the expectation is that you will stay at your desk/cubicle to eat your lunch.

We had to work late one evening when they provided pizza dinner, and would you believe they brought the pizza to our desks so that we would not take a break from our desks.

Also, depending on your department, there is a daily quota for the number of foreclosure, bankruptcy, evictions you must process. For the day.
Enjoyed working with clients.
Eviction Specialist (Former Employee), Mountainside, NJSeptember 10, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job was providing the highest quality of customer service to the clients. Also keeping up with client procedures to keep them happy.
Productive and high degree of confidentiality.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee), Mountainside, NJJune 8, 2012
Pros: my paycheck is always on time.
Cons: healthcare could be better.
Entering and editing new foreclosure referrals into a company web based frame system. Requesting legal documents from clients based websites. I learned how to manage my time better. Management just left you to do your job. The group of people I work with are team players and very helpful when needed. The hardest part of my job is when the systems goes down. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people i work with.
Ehh, good stepping stone but not for longevity
Foreclosure Processor (Former Employee), Mountainside, NJMarch 19, 2012
Pros: convient location
Cons: parking, people, compensation for experience, etc.
Unless you are a family member or been with the company for 15 years already, don't expect to be welcomed with open arms. Work/Life balance is for the above. This does not apply to everyone. You must get your chapstick out to survive here. Regardless of your work ethic, you have to change it to meet theirs. Lack of professionalism, corporate wanna-be's but mom/pop shop mentality.
Your job is constantly being held over your head like you should appreciate working there.
This is one of those transition jobs. Learn what you can and move on.