zulily Employee Reviews

lousy deadend job
Warehouse Person (Former Employee) –  renoMay 15, 2017
all about making numbers regardless of errors. management no clue except numbers. no holidays no holiday pay. to much required overtime. icqa solved errors must have been solving to much had errors solved by creators after that.
A warehouse that is trying to become better, successful in some ways, needs more improvement in other ways.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 12, 2017
The work life/personal life balance could be a bit better. Management needs more qualified people to be in charge of the warehouse. There are a handful of associates that do not respect boundaries, respect is little to none when you work at Zulily. There are problems when it comes to medical leave, HR is known to "bend the rules", most associates usually end up being fired if you have to leave, or are gone, for any medical reason, regardless of having a doctors note or not.
Zulily can be a stressful work environment, with that being said, there isn't a lot of awareness in the company when it comes to having mental illnesses like depression or ADHD, etc. When there definitely could more emphasis on the subject. To take care of your associates is to take care of your company.
The hardest part of the job is probably just making it through your least favorite functions.
The most enjoyable part of the day would be when you get to go home after a long, hard 10 hours.
Pros
weekly pay, night shift gets paid .35 cents more than day shift.
Cons
not the best benefits, raises are little to nothing, awful management, etc.
Good Temporary Customer Service Experience
Customer Service Representaive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 11, 2017
I worked as a customer service representative at Zulily
I learned how to use their customer sales systems and resolve customer issues and complaints primarily regarding order status or damage goods
Company filled with Creative Exciting People
Buyer, Girls (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 10, 2017
Initially as a new start up the company was super to work with even though it was a 24/7 type of job.
As time went on and the company grew to thousands it was no longer a family type of atmosphere.
Management was knowledgeable and wanted the best for its employees at the start but as it grew changes happened.
Pros
Think Tank Enviroment
Cons
24/7 burn out
Loved it - I'd go back!
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 9, 2017
I loved the energy, people and the fast pace. If I didn't have to relocate I would still be working there. I loved how creative I could be in my role and my team was simply amazing. The people make the job!
Unorganized Company
LLC Inbound Associate, Lockborne, OH (Former Employee) –  Lockborne, OHMay 7, 2017
Work day was 530pm-4am. Learned how to audit orders. communication between management was poor. Workplace culture varied. Hardest part of job was the hours. There was nothing enjoyable about the job
Fun young company
Assistant Buyer of Jewelry and Watches (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 29, 2017
You voice is really heard at Zulily since it is a younger smaller company. They love everyone's ideas and out of the box thinking. It can be a terrible place to work though depending on your team.
Good job overall
Stower (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 28, 2017
I liked a lot it because they gave plenty hours and they were to cross training. They also really explained how to perform a job really good. If you had problems when you didn't understand something they would take time to teach you.
Pros
Hours
The Best people to work with
Vendor Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2017
An average day at work was about getting vendors to ship their inventory as well as fulfill that inventory in full.

What I learned was a great deal of experience in how supply chain works from vendor to company warehouse within days of a purchase order being issued after customer orders were made in a flash sale.

The work place culture was great but sometimes political.

The hardest part of the job was to keep up on all the emails that you never fully expected from departments you never expected to email you.

The best part of the job was that everybody is relatable and I've never really met a person that I didn't want to work with.
Pros
Best people to work with
Cons
A sense of neglect with workers
Review from a buyer
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 24, 2017
Pros- Lots of opportunity to contribute to company culture and contribute on a business level. Some flex work from home opportunities for seasoned employees, ability to drive and build your own business and take ownership, lots of advancement opportunities. Resume builder, very relaxed workplace environment. Really nice and approachable CEO and upper management and very available to employees at all levels.
Cons- Pay and benefits are not adequate or competitive for the Seattle market, for this reason employees are constantly being poached by other local companies. Employees are overworked with an awful work/life balance, oncall 24/hours a day as events are live and launch daily. Lots of turnover and change in teams and management and system constantly changing, which can be exciting but also frustrating as the rollout is usually rushed and not well organized. Lots of pointless time waster meetings.
Productive and safe enviroment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 18, 2017
Great work place, respectful employees and management. Team environment that is definitely key there. Loved working there, Learn to pack at a very fast paced and managed to get help when needed.
Pros
Great team work.
Cons
Short breaks
Growing Company
Area Manager Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2017
for the most part the company is a good company, but there is favoritism.

And lack of communication can create issues for some one to be successful
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long hours, lack of communication
Fun people, Poor HR
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 15, 2017
The people you work with are fun, engaging, and helpful. Management is promoted from within too early, giving those promoted no time to develop managerial abilities or insights. Hard to move around the company and no help or direction when asked. General feeling of annoyance at company and HR, leading to a very high turn around. Good place to get your foot in the door, but not to stay long.
Pros
Great people, ping pong table, semi-flexible work hours
Cons
Poor management, Unresponsive HR, unclear growth opportunities
good company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at this job. co workers and supervisors were all good people for the most part. good hours and the company did employee appreciation things
Worst place I've ever worked.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lockbourne, OHApril 4, 2017
If I could give 0 stars, that would be appropriate. Only here, have I worked for a supervisor that relished belittling others, promoted animosity, criticized your work, or spread personal information. This guy was a disgruntled man with no actual knowledge and constantly had to remind you he has been a boss at every job. On behalf of the company; they have an impossible time attracting talent, partly because their healthcare plan is terrible, they don't pay holidays, you have to go get promotion based training on your days off, and no one wants to work with a bad supervisor.
Pros
Finding another job
Cons
Working with terrible supervisor
fun activities
ZCustomer Representative (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHApril 3, 2017
not a very good company to work for because managers not very truthful, not very good training cross training even worse-they have good perks for employees but not for contract employees they are not able to participate in the sales or volunteering
Pros
co-workers pretty friendly and helpful
Cons
untrustworthly company
Great Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 22, 2017
Fun and really enjoyable place to work. They have really grown from when I use to work there. So I know they are a great company, and as long as you work hard, and show up everyday, you will be good to go.
Very productive place to work with plenty of overtime available
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Obetz, OHMarch 21, 2017
This particular job is very busy with cross training. As far as overtime there is the option to work up to 60 sometimes 70 hours a week. The attendance policy is not so great due to the fact it is very inconsiderate to the employees lifestyles.
Cons
Short breaks, lack of communication between associates and managers
Fun workplace
Knowledge Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHMarch 20, 2017
Lots of fun working here - happy hours at work, parties for every holiday, random pancake days, theme days, etc. Still fairly new company so I think once they start to get everything more organized and figured out it will be even better.
Productive and fast pace work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 15, 2017
Kept me busy during a 10 hour shift. Made the hours fly by.. Their company was very welcoming when I joined. Every body helped with showing the locations too.
Pros
Nice bosses
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at zulily. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9