zulily

zulily Employer Reviews

Misled
Editorial Studio Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: fun staff
Cons: no compensation increases, unqualified managers, under-appreciated staff
Was hired with the belief that there was a lot of opportunity for advancement and salary increases. I had 7 managers during my time at zulily and had to teach 5 of them what my job entailed.
Worst company I've ever worked for!
Problem solver (Current Employee), Lockbourne, OHJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free ice and eletrolite packets
Cons: everything else
Poor management who constantly flip flop on rules and procedures, plays favorites, does not promote based on seniority and experience but instead on favoritism, poor quality for customers as it is more important to push a high volume out instead of focusing on quality and customer satisfaction. Offers no work stability as you can work up to 60 hour weeks during peak season but will be lucky to get 30 hours a week during the rest of the year. Very low employee moral due to all these factors
14 hour days, loud, walk many miles a day, kind of fun;)
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 17, 2015
Crazy, stressful, busy. I enjoyed being very busy and always knowing exactly what needed to be done, because there were about six things. A place where ideas can be expressed and implemented. Not for the weak of heart, out of shape, or lazy.
New building consisting of 1 million Square feet.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), McCarran, NVJanuary 7, 2015
Our day starts at 6:00 am and ends at 4:30. I am on the doughnut shift Monday, Tuesday off Wednesday , work Thursday, Friday. This is a 10 hour a day 40 hours a week in our peak. As the holidays slow down so does our work, which can lower our weekly income. I enjoy my co-workers they seem to come to me if they have any doubts or questions on a job. I am highly recognized by my supervisors for my wit and input on different issues that may come up.
Basic Warehouse Job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2015
Decent job. Good pay and benefits. No complaints other than it can be boring and I am a bit over qualified for the job.
productive and fun place, they really care about their customers which are moms
Associate (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 31, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, holiday pay
Cons: policies on unscheduled absence should be reveiwed, not favorable to workers who are moms
work starts with a start up meeting where a run down of the days expectation is reviewed. problems experienced by workers on previous shift addressed if its applicable to us, after meeting we stretch out to warm up for the day. My co workers are mostly friendly, the job wasn't too hard on most days. we are happy when targets are met and we make our customers happy....happy moms and babies..
Get experience then move on.
Sample Coordinator (Former Employee), SeattleDecember 11, 2014
Pros: people you work with
Cons: people you work for
This place was fun in the beginning. Opportunities would arise if you proved yourself to be smart, innovative and willing to take ownership of things that needed to be done. This was rewarded with a change in title as well as a raise.
That ended about 2 years ago. Now the greedy chairman of the board, grasping investors and gluttonous CEO reap all the benefits while working their employees at an exhausting pace without any compensation. They are well past the "start up" phase and would continually use that as an excuse to pay everyone 40% less than the industry standard. But don't worry your shares will eventually "pay off". Except they didn't. Just before they went public they did a 4 to 1 reverse split for almost everyone in the company. They ripped off countless employees that sacrificed for this company with the expectation that eventually there would be a change to make a financial gain at some point. For perspective the chairman stands to make a ~billion dollars from his shares. I don't know why anyone needs that much money. It seems fair to distribute at least a portion of that wealth to the employees that help make everything happen. I couldn't even get them to change my job title when I took on more responsibility as well as streamlined an entire division to make it more profitable. zulily is an awful place to work. Stay away or make sure your contract has provisions for raises and concrete shares before you sign.
poor communication and the mgmt. is rude
picker / packer (Current Employee), Groveport, OHDecember 3, 2014
Pros: n/a
management is rude the ride you all the time. Not to encourage workers .
work environment can be difficult
Merchandise Processor (Current Employee), Obetz, OHNovember 2, 2014
Pros: able to get 40+ hours per week, healthcare benefits improving
Cons: low morale and hostility at times among the workers
A typical day at work:
+ Inventory of product
+ Occasionally putting product in their proper locations

What I have learned:
+ Learned how to work with ipods and Honeywells
+ Learned how to pick and pack, receive product, inventory, auditing, stocking product, sorting product

My co-workers:
+ Morale among workers very low
+ Can be a hostile work environment

The hardest part of the job:
+ Rules constantly changing
+ Poor communication between management and workers
+ Lack of accountability
+ Opportunity for advancement poor

The most enjoyable part of the job:
+ The work itself is not hard
Wannabe Amazon
anywhere they feel like (Current Employee), Reno, NVOctober 24, 2014
Pros: pay is good, benefits ok and coworkers
Cons: overwhelmed management, too many bosses.
Management will lie to you about potential for advancement. Unorganized,unprofessional, plays favorites,only way to move up is to kiss the ring,wont put you in a different department if you are struggling with the one your in. Just overall a bad place to work if you want to move up by doing your job well and not sucking up
Great stepping stone
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2014
zulily was a great place right out of school not knowing much of the business world. Although they were not keen on training their employees to move up the chain with them. Never worked less than 50 hours per week. The company being so young, they were always unsure on best practices. It was a very fun company to work with and gain experience. They definitely try to make it fun
Excellent Place to Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 2, 2014
Very exciting and growing quickly. If your looking for a place you can grow, learn and succeed this is a company you want to work for.
Fast Food
Providing support
Filling Needs
Great Work Culture
Sample Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 17, 2014
Great culture, people, and fun environment. A start up experience. Amazing work/life balance.
productive, will quality on time
IC and Lead Crew Member (Former Employee), 3051 Creekside Pkwy Lockbourne , OH 43194July 13, 2014
Monday to Friday ,weekend if need it, be on time at work doing right the way to show co-workers a example, get down what we started finish the job safe and with quality before going home .
Can be highly inspiring, productive and fun
Product Studio Supervisor (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great people, process improvements and great health care!
Cons: high turn over
zulily is a brand new company with a lot of changes happening everyday! It is a fun place to work and you can feel like the work you do can make a difference. The people you work with are lovely, smart and creative.
There is a high turn over which is discouraging with little to no concerns from higher ups on how to engage employees and keep them motivated.
Great people, repetitive work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), SeattleJune 24, 2014
Pros: relax culture
Cons: low pay
Great company to start your career to gain some experience.
sfasd
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), SeattleApril 30, 2014
sit at a computer as moms call and ask where their packages are.
Productive and fun work environment.
Account Service Representative (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 24, 2014
Great place to work and easy to move up. Pay is very low especially when living in Seattle.
Friendly, fun and fast paced workplace
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 12, 2014
Very fast paced.
Good potential for growth within the company.
Compensation is below average in comparison to other companies in the Seattle area.
Friendly atmosphere.