Zumiez Employee Reviews

Fast - paced fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 20, 2017
As long as you work hard and get the job done, Zumiez can be really fun. It's a competitive sales aggressive environment which keeps things interesting. Recognition is important to Zumiez as well.
Amazing job
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, MAAugust 20, 2017
Everyone that works there is friendly and polite. The typical work day includes opening the store, receiving shipment, taking care of store transfers,and building a bond with customers,
Pros
Cons
Small shifts for sales associates
Laid back, fun store with cool customers
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 18, 2017
I loved my job here, and typically opened or closed the store, as well as managing a sales kid during closing shifts. I learned how to work in a commission environment, enjoyed the customers and my co workers. The store I worked in was small, but we kept busy. Management could use work, but that's just because of the manager at this store, not the company itself.
Relaxed fun environment
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 18, 2017
This was a great place to get management skills under my belt. The people employed are fun, laid back, and still have the drive to do their job well. Hours become full time once you become a first assistant manager.
amazing vibes with even better co-workers
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, ORAugust 16, 2017
With the right leaders and the right leadership, you can progress quickly with the company. I enjoy working for the company, that mostly has to do with the culture that Zumiez has created. I would recommend anyone who enjoys talking to people in a fast-paced selling environment.
Pros
lots of incentives, work events that include travel
Cons
Late nights, Long days, very busy, typically short staffed
Love Working here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 16, 2017
Love working here I get to meet a lot of people from around the world. I learned so many things while working here my co workers are amazing and funny there's never a dull moment
An amazing opportunity!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 15, 2017
What a fun company! The management team nationwide are a blast and really know their snow and skate! It was a lot of fun and a very motivating environment.
Pros
Staff you can lean on
Cons
sometimes a little too understaffed
Fun
Stock/ Product Runner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
This job is best for, but not limited to, kids who are fresh out of high school and in college. The work environment is very chill and the people I worked with were great other than 2 or 3 people.
Pros
Discounts, opportunity to grow, great experience
Cons
VERY cometative to the point people stole each others sales
Its just a very relaxed job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILAugust 14, 2017
A day at zumiez can be very slow, we have to unpack boxes of clothes and jewelry, help customers with anything they needed, its a very friendly and fun environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRAugust 14, 2017
This is a great place to work if you are a student and flexible with your school schedule. Constant one on one with the custome and look for merchandise around the store based on customer needs.
Great
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 10, 2017
It was a good company to work for in the area I was located in under the district manager I worked for. They have a lot of opportunity for growth within the company.
zumiez sucks, go to pacsun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 8, 2017
zumiez sucks, i hate my manager because she doesnt understand how to treat her employees. she hired too many inexperienced high schoolers, favored girls over boys rather than giving hours based on sales, and did whatever the heck she wanted.
The most amazing job ever!!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 8, 2017
A typical day consists of listening to incredible music and selling to the most amazing customer base that exists. Not to mention this company is all about its employees, they give back like crazy
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
no healthcare:(
Horrible management, underpaid work and non flexible
Barista (Current Employee) –  West Babylon, NYAugust 8, 2017
Understaffed is an understatment. I was treated with disrespect and taken advantge of. Many of my coworkers were over worked and mamy left due to managmet. I went to the higher ups to only be ignored. The manager didnt give us schedule until three days before the upcoming week. Our days off needed to be earned and many people werent paod corrrectly.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, hours, management
Great and Fun Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at Zumiez was either Opening or Closing the store. People were always greeted and getting to know the customers was the key to being a Zumiez employee. I learned a lot about people's styles, cultures, etc. and learned how to deal with a high volume store. Management was great, but had extremely high expectations. The culture of the workplace was very laid back and rewarding. The hardest part about the job was preventing theft and dealing with the company's computer system. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know my associates and customers. I gained a lot of amazing friends and family through this job.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Short Breaks and High Theft Area
Working at a clothing store
shipping and receiving and customer service (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 3, 2017
I couldn't really take this job seriously. I knew I had more to offer. I thought it would be fun, but it was boring and not a lot to do. I tagged the clothes, did shipment. Management was ok. The manager I had was fun, but weird. I felt uneasy asking him for help. The hardest part of the job was staying busy. Enjoyable part is the short hours.
Pros
In the mall
Cons
Not enough money
Fun place to work, very laid back yet striving to succeed and push sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 3, 2017
A typical day at work was a good balance of fun and productive, the managers got to know the other staff and worked equally along side them as well as pushed associates to make and close sales as well as taught them other methods of approach and customer service. I learned a lot about retail and sales which has helped me in many other jobs as well as other aspects of my life. The hardest part was meeting your sales goals on slow days, the most enjoyable part was the relationships made with other employees and customers and the commission.
Pros
discounts on store items and mall food
Cons
sometimes mall traffic hindered you from making sales goals
No security, no protection.
Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 2, 2017
All zumiez nationwide do not have sensor/anti theft detectors. The sensors are fake and there are no security cameras. This makes it very easy for people to walk out with product. Managers are usually at the store alone from open until the afternoon. Store Management and higher can make any accusations and with no cameras or evidence to prove otherwise, assistant management and sales associates often get hung out to dry. Women are typically paid less than male counterparts, anywhere from .25 cents to $2.00 less per hour. District and regional managers are often rude and demeaning to all store employees.
They will often threaten write ups, disciplinary action, or termination if disagreements with store plan or scheduling conflicts are brought to light.
Pros
40% discount.
Cons
Short breaks. No security. No protection.
Worked with great people and friends
Floor Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 1, 2017
Management was awesome at the time of employment. Was able to work on the floor with sales and setup different equipment. Enjoyed working with friends in a casual environment.
Pros
worked with friend, good staff, close to home, good hours
Cons
low pay
Great company to work for.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 31, 2017
A typical day at work here consisted as the same duties I had for journeys. Consistently coach and train staff. Daily markdowns. Daily and monthly inventory checks. Visual merchandise. Learned to lead a team on the busiest of days and exceed company goals set for the store. building skateboards. Making connections with customers to meet and go above their needs in a shopping experience.
Pros
Company competitions, discounts, rewards for a exceeding goals.
Cons
Expected to work longer hours to complete projects on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zumiez. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2