Zumiez

Zumiez Employer Reviews

Amazing atmosphere great work experince
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bensalem PAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: listen to any music you want great work environment
Cons: no benefits
Closing and opening procedures was pretty much my job there. Making sure that I hit sales goals and use my sales team to effectively do that was my everyday task.
Productive, fun chill work environment
Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great, chill work environment, relaxed dress code, usually great co-workers
Cons: pay is terrible especially compared to the competitors, say they take care of their employees but lack where it counts - the paycheck
Zumiez does try to work as much fun and excitement into an otherwise somewhat rough industry, the people hired are usually a blast to work with and the environment, music and dress code are so relaxed. It is a very sales driven company and if you fail to make your sales goals and the proper stats for sales they will get rid of you. As long as you follow the steps they give you and are okay with having this as a fun job rather than a money maker then it is fantastic! Promotions can be quite difficult due to lack of open positions.
Zumies
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Newark, DEFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: meeting great customers and working with an awesome team... discounts!!!
Cons: not enough hours.
Was a great place to work and I learned a lot in regards to the retail industry. Zumiez gave me all of the skills I need to help me become a seasoned sales representative.
Its whatever
Salesman (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIFebruary 20, 2015
Its a mall job selling clothes to teens.
a typical day has you punching in, and learning how much you have to sell to break last years mark, then talking to people for several hours.
productive fun work place
2nd Assistant (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: talking to new cool people
Cons: short breaks and unusual working times
amazing place to work people are nice and the work place was very fun. and everyone is nice to you and its just a great place.
Fun atmopshere
1st Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJFebruary 13, 2015
Enjoyable work place, easy going employees, overall A+ work place that i would enjoy going back to and working for if possible.
very fun workplace
Seasonal Salesman (Current Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: fun
I loved working here, if you enjoy customers then this is a good place for you, although the sales competition is tough. the higher your sales the more hours you will have.
High energy competitive sales atmosphere
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: amazing store discount
Cons: very hard to find a work/personal life balance
A typical day running the shop included many different duties that i was in charge of. First and most important was making sure the store reached its daily to weekly and weekly to monthly sales goals. I achieved this by making sure all members of my team knew and could demonstrate how to create and drive transactions. I was responsible for over seeing and managing payroll for a 12 person team. they had to make sales goals, complete all store functions like transfers, inventory counts, merchandising, displaying all new product and make sure the shop was always clean and presentable. Managing the shop I really had the chance to grow and develop my skills. I learned how to hire, fire, evaluate, train and motivate my assistant managers and sales associates to always beat and exceed their personal daily goals. One thing i enjoyed about this job was being able to interact with so many different types of customers, I always met someone interesting through out my day. what i enjoyed most about this job was being on the sales floor with my team everyday, having fun together creating a competitive sales atmosphere, and being able to watch their skills grow.
Excellent group of individuals with the inspiration to move forward in the company.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: discounts, good friends, easy going
When I work I sell merchandise to customers, and use the cash register to make transactions. I treat every customer with respect and try to identify their needs and wants. My management team always looks out for me, and gives me critical advice if I need it.
Great workplace with fantastic employees and even better customers
Krew Member (Former Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 9, 2015
A typical day started with fixing displays and getting the store ready. Once open, it was a race to see who could sell the most skateboarding paraphernalia. The hardest part of the job was leaving!
Best Job Experience Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, NyFebruary 7, 2015
Great management
Clean work environment
Willing to work with and educate associates not only on labor laws but on company product and expectations
resume
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tracy, CAFebruary 6, 2015
To process paperwork with extreme accuracy and to providing follow-up service with customers
To maximize personal and store sales results by providing quality customer service as well as adherence to sales programs and tools
Conduct inventory counts, basic inventory control and loss prevention programs
Demonstrate ability to maximize sales
Enjoyed the experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Zumiez was a very culturally diverse company and being with this company enhanced my merchandising and marketing skills.
Fun enviroment, great place to thrive.
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: fun enviroment.
Cons: lack of management direction.
Fun energetic environment! Young management team lacks experience. Great positive place to build sales confidence.
Great experience, lots of perks
Sales Associate (Current Employee), The Woodlands MallJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: discounts, friendly associates
Cons: awful pay rate. very unorganized with training and orientation, no hours
Friendly associates but not the most informative. Awesome selection of designer clothes. Good music. Variety of customers.Relatively laid back atmosphere, Employee Discount, and Lax dress code. Corporate is very visible/accessible , free reign of visual merchandising, and family-like support between stores.
its an alright job.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good vibes, base and commision pay, percentage off clothes
Cons: no benefits short work hours, management really wasnt organized
a typical day with customers and clothing. I learned how to use a cash register system system. I also was able to enhance my customer service skills in a more harder setting and work place. The hardest part of the job really was cleaning up after customers because it was a retail clothing store. I love working thats the most enjoyable part for me
learning how to sale
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 26, 2015
at zumiez i learned to pitch and really developed a good relationship with the customer. i learned to push sales but don't be too eager for them.
Slow paced, fun environment
Sales Associate Cashier (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Kind people to work with, and a fun environment. Folding and customer service are mostly what is part of the job. Satisfying customer needs means helping find sizes of clothing, and upselling. This is a good place for someone new to the workforce to start working. Hours are hard to come by and usually reserved for those who have been there the longest.
My Favorite Job So Far
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJJanuary 22, 2015
I got this job during the summer. Although it was more on call then part time, I loved working there. I would always make a sale, so my commission pay would increase my paycheck. I could really relate to the customers there, even if I did not know them at all, it was as if they were my friends more than a person that is buying from me. The environment is chill, upbeat and positive. The management is chill and friendly, yet goal-innovative and mature, as well as the employees I worked with. Both of them were very helpful and inspiring towards me to be better and to stay positive, even when I would have my downs. Leaving Zumiez was not my choice, I was laid off after the summer season ended. But if I had to choose whether or not to stay, if they could give me more days to work, I would have stayed. That is my favorite and most pleasant job I've had so far.
great
Store Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2015
self expression is key. fast advancement. great place to gain management experience

1 2 3 4 5

About Zumiez

Zumiez's young customers like to zoom. The fast-growing retailer outfits action sports enthusiasts, offering apparel, footwear, – Read more