Zumiez

Zumiez Employee Reviews

productive work but unfriendly work zone
sales associate (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJune 1, 2015
throughout my time at zumiez yes i learned alot about costumer service, and sales, the way a company works and must move as one in order to work... but i feel the the store i got to work at, was dishonest in there work and unfair to the new guy ( me )
Great zumiez vibe
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMay 28, 2015
sell sell sell working towards making day. breaking you neck and bending over backwards to make profit. learn great up selling techniques and how to relate to a bunch of different people. management if tough, you need to make money your hours are based off you sales performance ranking. the training material on how to sell their product is very in depth and very long and extensive. overall you get to work with and meet really great down to earth laid back people.
Interactive and entertaining
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Missoula, MTMay 26, 2015
Pros: Multiple breaks, Fun environment
Cons: Minimal Hours
A typical day consists of showing customers merchandise, marking down various products, and generally having an enjoyable time in the atmosphere. That's what I enjoyed most about Zumiez, the atmosphere. My co-workers are easy to get along with and are very helpful whenever I am misunderstood. Management is a little difficult, but nothing that isn't manageable.
Fun, upbeat environment that encouraged a strong culture and sales environment.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 25, 2015
I was assigned responsibilities to supervise, hire, train and develop skills for new employees as well as existing employees. Using effective sales strategies and customer
service skills, I developed a successful sales force as well as an impeccable customer service record while maintaining budgets and beating sales expectations.
fun, energetic, and care-free environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hicksville, NYMay 24, 2015
Pros: relaxing, care-free environment for both employees and customers
Cons: many kids like to hang-out in the store
My starting day at zumiez the managers and employees were very nice and understanding. The best part of zumiez is the employee hiring process, because the hiring managers do a god job picking zumiez fit employees, who are people that can hold a conversation, nice, friendly, energetic and diverse.
work here if you kiss a**
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 24, 2015
decent place to work as a teen. depending on location favoritism does rule the work place. co workers were great. send you to colorado for big company party if you're a top performer.
producitve and fast pace work environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), springfield moMay 19, 2015
Pros: work environment.
Cons: management. very sale orriented, pressure in low quarters.
The people you work with can make all of the difference. Everyone that worked at our store was friendly and would look out for each other. Sales were a big deal and everyone helped achieve them in any way possible.

perks to employee of the month and constant rewards.
Great
Sales (Former Employee), Alderwood, WAMay 16, 2015
I say it was a great experience. And if you love skateboarding its a great dream job and somewhere for a cool and chill vibe.
fun, energetic, and pet friendly
Marketing Designer (Current Employee), Lynnwood, WAMay 14, 2015
Pros: delcious cafe located in the building and a skate park outside, and I could bring my dog to work
In the 3 months that i was contracted at Zumiez, i learned more than I had in the last 6 months of school. Everyone was extremely friendly and, while the work load was heavy from the get to, my friends and co-workers worked with me to learn the ropes quickly and efficiently.

Hardest part of the job was not going down to the cafe for snacks 4-5 times a day ... and the commute. downtown to lynnwood is a bit rough.

most enjoyable part of the job was creating things and then seeing them on the internet the following week. Super satisfying being able to see a project come full circle. Also being able to bring my dog to work made the commute a little more manageable knowing my dog wasn't at home alone for 13+ hours a day.
Fun High Pace
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Moscow, IDMay 11, 2015
The work was always there, and always had a point. No busy work, just the job. Customer interaction was great, and getting to make people happy made the whole experience great!
Retail
Store Associate (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: less hours
A day at Zumiez was fun to work there everyday, I enjoy working with the people and helping with customers. The hardest part of working there I would have to run the store by myself without having any help doing the busiest time.
FUN FUN FUN
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 7, 2015
Pros: Amazing customers and organization
Cons: Short breaks
The staff and management was great! They are so helpful and nice. Love that I am able to wear whatever I'd like and express myself and it influences other shoppers. Love the wide range of people that came in to shop and the customers were so friendly and chill!
fun and comfortable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Warwick, RIMay 7, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: unstable hours
Zumiez is a great place to work everyone I have worked with is very happy to not only be in the store but to provide not only the customers with a good experience but also fellow co workers.
A nice clothing store for younger adults.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merced, CAMay 5, 2015
I enjoyed the fact that I got to work here among many other people around my own age. Everyone was always friendly to me and I was always friendly back in return.
sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJMay 1, 2015
it was a fast pasted job. learned how to manage a store. my co-workers were lazy but got the work done. hardest part of the job was over night shifts.
Great culture, fun benefits
Store Manager (Former Employee), Chandler, AZApril 30, 2015
Pros: Free trips for store managers, discounts
Zumiez gave me great opportunities to go snow boarding, meet founders, and have a lot of fun. If the pay was better I would have stayed.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tannersville, PAApril 24, 2015
Pros: interacting with customers and staff
Cons: pay
Loved working with people, loved customers and being able to interact freely, Great company to work for pay is not good at all.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Manchester, NHApril 23, 2015
Great company for a young person to start off in the retail industry. Not a lot of movement for management. Management team is supportive and encouraging there is just not enough stores opening.
Great Work Environment
Sales associate/2nd assistant manager (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Free product, commissions, scheduling
Cons: Wages, Raises, and Bias
This company is amazing to work for when you have a good relationship with your managers. It can sometimes be bias but what job isn't at time.
cool workplace with friendly coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAApril 17, 2015
This position in retail sales provided me with an opportunity to learn the skills required to be successful in a retail environment. I enjoyed the opportunity to work with the public. My natural abilities in organization and knowledge of clothing styles allowed me to support the customers’ needs while keeping the store properly stocked and neat at all times.

1 2 3 4 5

About Zumiez

Zumiez's young customers like to zoom. The fast-growing retailer outfits action sports enthusiasts, offering apparel, footwear, – Read more

Zumiez Salaries