ZYNGA Employee Reviews

Good working environment
Salesforce Admin Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2016
The Goal of the project is to implement and to increase the speed of the Sales in the Organization. Configuring and improving the implementation and developing new capabilities for the free flow of interaction between the users and the customers of the Company
Relaxing & fun environment, with unbelievable perks.
Unity Animator Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2016
Day 2 day: Created texture sheets in Photoshop and geometry(complex planes) in Maya, animated geometry and particles in Unity.

What I learned: Learned Mobile pipeline for mobile games.
Learned animation tools for efficiency in Photoshop / Maya / Unity
Learned whats to be expected for an animator in the mobile gaming industry.

Management: Management was amazing. They had several meetings a day/week to discuss everything from art fixes to schedules to company wide events. Anything I needed, they could help, or at least know which way to direct me.

Hardest part: Integration of assets and functionality of assets into the game engine

Most enjoyable: I loved everything about this Internship.
Pros
Free - Coffee, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, plus snacks
Cons
Free - Coffee, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, plus snacks
Like working at Zynga
AV Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2016
The typical day at Zynga is filled with changes minute by minute - one task my be superseded by another and the flexible people know how to roll with the changes and others don't.
Very active place to work, business never misses a beat
QA Engineer I (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work begins with reviewing the health of our game, and any user complaints within the last 24 hours, go over schedule, and important upcoming dates. We prioritize and begin our day. The hardest part is when we have a major user facing issue a long with a tight schedule, it makes it hard to keep track of everything in flight. The most enjoyable part of working at Zynga is seeing users on my commute happily playing our games.
A Friendly environment with a few management problems.
Marketing Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Overall it was a good company to work for, There was just a lot of miscommunication and that inevitably lead to problems during development.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Bad Communication
Quick Rise Long Fall
CIO Group (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoJuly 20, 2015
The pre-IPO halcyon days quickly gave way to a perpetually-failing public company presenting all the disadvantages of a young company (immaturity of a plurality of decision-makers, instability, lack of operational focus,...) as well as all the disadvantages of a large company (bureaucratic sclerosis, Dilbert-style "leaders", fat and waste).
Pros
Cool SF Headquarters, decent compensation and benefits if politically-savvy enough.
Productive fun working environment
DevOps Engr (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2015
I work mostly remote. When on site and not working, I can attend a class at the health club and have a gourmet lunch. If I work late, I can also eat an enjoyable dinner.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
little to no pay raises
really cool job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  sfFebruary 3, 2015
the typical work day is good nice enviorment. uplifting, happy enviorment. people friendly, but we do alot as security to keep the building in oreder
Fun place to spend 90 hours a week
Senior Service Delivery Manager (Customer Support) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2014
This is a good company. We have a lot of perks. Free breakfast, lunch and dinner. Happy hour on Fridays. A few of us are musicians so we take turn to DJ at happy hour. Multi talented and cool people. And we can bring dogs to work!
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Cons
intense. if you want to be rewarded, you need to really rock at what you do which is fair.
Work Hard, Play Harder
Senior Game Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2014
Colleagues mostly trickle into the office between 9 and 10am and fill racks near the entrance walls with bicycles. The environment is colorful and friendly with large banners representing the company's portfolio of projects. Each desk is personalized by its occupant. The conference rooms are named and themed after nearby game teams. Kitchens an cafes are fully stocked and puppies greet each other during breaks at a dog park on the roof. Most people put in a little more than 50 hours a week and everyone works REALLY hard.
Pros
hard working colleagues, puppies at work, a large gym, and wonderful food
Cons
city traffic and commute, no 401k, bonuses are for management
Fun, casual and exciting workplace
Mobile Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2014
A typical day would consist of calendar management, handling executive schedules and meetings, travel arrangements, meeting preparation and budget/expense procurement. I would be engaged with executives and co-workers on a daily basis.
Pros
free food & drinks, casual environment, dogs @ work, working from home
Cons
commute distance for me (personally) from roseville to sf
Not bad, but not all good
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2014
I have spent 6 years at Zynga and I have watched t change. When I started out it was a great place to work with lots of perks. As Zynga grew they have lost sight of their own company values. They no longer seem interested in the people who work there and are 100% focused only on market value and penetration.
Pros
free meals
Cons
completely focused on metrics only.
Great place
Executive Assistant to the SVP of Games (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 2, 2014
I love working here. Unfortunately, I had to move to Texas due to family reasons, so I had to leave.
Pros
free food, great benefits and amazing healthcare
fun work atmosphere
Product Management Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2014
- free meals
- fun workplace
- engaging team members
- good communication
Nice people, great place, uninspired games
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2013
I know Zynga's reputation isn't exactly sterling as of late, but my experience working at their headquarters in SF was wonderful. Everyone I met was incredibly nice, the employee accommodations were top notch, and despite being the young intern I felt like the work I did was important.
The general issue I detected is that (at least in my department) no one was fired up about the game we were in charge of making. Mind you, there wasn't any real negativity present in meetings, but there felt to be a general malaise and confusion about what we were making.
That's not to say that I wasn't surrounded by sharp, talented people. Rather, I felt that our efforts would have been better put to use on a game project with a more clear vision of what would make it fun.

In short: Great environment, nice and talented people, a bit unfocused vision.
Fun work place
Contracted UI / UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2013
Scrum daily. Weekly team building. Not enough transparency for teams to sharing game assets within company.
Pros
great food court
Work and games
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2013
A great company to work for who offer great benefits.

Most days were laid back and had a great vibe.
I have many years of excellent experience
Senior System Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2013
I have many years of excellent experience in the information technology field. During this period, I have developed and refined my skills in many areas including system administration, networking, managing installations and configurations
Superb people, culture, and perks. Unfortunate management/leadership issues
Remote Site Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2013
Wonderful place to work when it came to the caliber of the people. There's so much to say about Zynga that I unfortunately won't even begin to babble...
Pros
free lunches, flexible vacation, world-class colleagues
Cons
management/leadership issues.
Glory days are gone and it is a sinking ship
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2013
The early days were fantastic. Pay was strong, career advancement was great, perks were better than 99% of companies out there. Unfortunately the company is now in its downswing and has been sinking for some time.

Work life balance is difficult in a San Francisco based game studio. Do everything in your power to get onto a profitable game team for your job security. Those that find themselves on unproven projects or in remote studios are at high risk for layoffs and will not get as much pay or bonuses as other teams.
Pros
free food, bring your dog to work, lots of free t-shirts, fun coworkers
Cons
no job stability, work life balance isn't there