Zynga Employee Reviews

Holy train-wreck, Batman
Quality Engineer II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2017
Zynga is the king of beating a dead horse and then blaming the stick for not going fast enough. There is precisely zero attention paid to all of the terrible choices made when designing a game, so they just keep getting made again. Zynga is fantastic at getting a short-term return, but has proven consistently blind to the long-term effects of that work.

As for the day to day, there is so much time wasted scrambling to get things done that they always have to be done at least twice, because something will inevitably get missed and need to be fixed. Deadlines are short and work volume is completely unreasonable, so the overtime is absolutely constant. This isn't the worst thing if you are hourly and don't have anything better to do, but if you're salaried, or have a family, then it is just constant stress as you try to dig yourself out from under the pile of work that you're doing for not nearly enough money.

Basically, if you want to see the corpse of the company that made you hate facebook games as it shambles through a hollow parody of game development never quite realizing that it died five years ago, then give Zynga a try.
Pros
Easy experience for a real job, a primer on what not to do as a business
Cons
Everything to do with game development
I can't say it was a bad time.
Art Director & Visual Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
Upper management has a lot to learn. History of the company proves that. But in my day to day, this was the best job I've ever had. Great people, fun work and environment, free food, swag, gym, kitchen, game room, dogs! etc. It all ended as fast as it began. But it was fun while it lasted.
Pros
So many perks
Cons
Company direction.
Fast paced but fun
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2017
The culture and people that work here are amazing. I've never had friendships in cross functional teams like the environment at Zynga. Good opportunity. Crazy how much fun you can have!
Pros
FUN! culture, food, amenities beyond your dreams.
Cons
Best Game Company I've worked at so far.
Principal Artist, Art Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
I've worked for a variety of game developers over the last 20 years, from small, indie studios to one of the biggest names in video games. And Zynga, for all of it's issues, was still the best place I've ever worked at as far as work environment, compensation, and perks.
Zynga is a great place to learn new skills
Sr Commercial Contracts and Corporate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 31, 2017
Zynga has a great workplace environment. It can be fast paced and unique, which makes it a great place to learn new things. I find that most co-workers are very collaborative. I have been able to expand my skills and talents in a supportive environment.
Pros
Free lunches, dogs are welcome, workplace culture
Cons
Slow advancement, minimal salary increases
Fun energetic work enviorment
Assistant Chef (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2017
Walking in to the kitchen everyone would always be in a great mood, lots of energy passion on to you. Work would go by really fast while talking to co workers. I never had to lift anything to heavy and my manager never asked for too much and he was super understanding at the work place.
Pros
free food, talkative co workers, fun enviorment
Work hard
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2017
A lot to do, ambitious goals, wall street pressure. You work with very smart people, at lightning speed to build fun products for millions of users. Your job is impactful and awesome, but you better be ready to work hard!
Awesome Experiance
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work. Right mix of fun and work. I realized, how wonderful it can be if we are working for a gaming company. But, the stock prices are dropping which might affect the company in the future.
It depends
Game Designer (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Different studios have different cultures. It is overall a friendly environment. It seems like that the HQ is doing lots of work to help employees grow and reward them. However, it is executed very differently in different locations.
Pros
Not very stressful
Cons
Not much to learn through work
Good work life balance
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Zynga is a good company, have great work life balance. Good work culture. Awesome co-workers and great pay too. They also provide free food everyday.
Pros
free food
Great, corporate working environment
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 6, 2016
My work schedule was Monday-Friday, 5:00am- 1:30pm. I had one 15 minute break and one 30 minute lunch everday. I had a team of 3 bakers, including me. We made 150-200 pieces of dessert for lunch and 100 pieces of desserts for afternoon snack every day. I had a great relationship with everyone on my team, so it made it enjoyable to come in every day.
used to be innovative
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2016
Great culture overall. Casual. Fun. Collaborative. Open communication. Intelligent. Forward Thinking. Innovative. Pushing the limits of engineering the in the gaming space.
Relaxing & fun environment, with unbelievable perks.
Unity Animator Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2016
Day 2 day: Created texture sheets in Photoshop and geometry(complex planes) in Maya, animated geometry and particles in Unity.

What I learned: Learned Mobile pipeline for mobile games.
Learned animation tools for efficiency in Photoshop / Maya / Unity
Learned whats to be expected for an animator in the mobile gaming industry.

Management: Management was amazing. They had several meetings a day/week to discuss everything from art fixes to schedules to company wide events. Anything I needed, they could help, or at least know which way to direct me.

Hardest part: Integration of assets and functionality of assets into the game engine

Most enjoyable: I loved everything about this Internship.
Pros
Free - Coffee, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, plus snacks
Cons
Free - Coffee, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, plus snacks
Like working at Zynga
AV Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2016
The typical day at Zynga is filled with changes minute by minute - one task my be superseded by another and the flexible people know how to roll with the changes and others don't.
Very active place to work, business never misses a beat
QA Engineer I (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work begins with reviewing the health of our game, and any user complaints within the last 24 hours, go over schedule, and important upcoming dates. We prioritize and begin our day. The hardest part is when we have a major user facing issue a long with a tight schedule, it makes it hard to keep track of everything in flight. The most enjoyable part of working at Zynga is seeing users on my commute happily playing our games.
A Friendly environment with a few management problems.
Marketing Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Overall it was a good company to work for, There was just a lot of miscommunication and that inevitably lead to problems during development.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Bad Communication
my dream job is my reality!!
Human Resource File Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 30, 2015
best company i have ever worked for, i only wish the bay area wasnt so expensive so that i could afford to live there and not have to commute! but other then that its the best job i have ever had...
Productive fun working environment
DevOps Engr (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2015
I work mostly remote. When on site and not working, I can attend a class at the health club and have a gourmet lunch. If I work late, I can also eat an enjoyable dinner.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
little to no pay raises
The best education one can get
Product Manager, New Studio Liaison, QA Lead (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoMarch 4, 2015
Having seen the company grow from a tiny 1 room start-up to a big international corporation, I would say that I got to experience every aspect and facet of the tech world. From development to product launch, from traveling to learning, it was better than any 4 year university.
really cool job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  sfFebruary 3, 2015
the typical work day is good nice enviorment. uplifting, happy enviorment. people friendly, but we do alot as security to keep the building in oreder