Zynga Employee Reviews

I can't say it was a bad time.
Art Director & Visual Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
Upper management has a lot to learn. History of the company proves that. But in my day to day, this was the best job I've ever had. Great people, fun work and environment, free food, swag, gym, kitchen, game room, dogs! etc. It all ended as fast as it began. But it was fun while it lasted.
Pros
So many perks
Cons
Company direction.
Fast paced but fun
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2017
The culture and people that work here are amazing. I've never had friendships in cross functional teams like the environment at Zynga. Good opportunity. Crazy how much fun you can have!
Pros
FUN! culture, food, amenities beyond your dreams.
Cons
Best Game Company I've worked at so far.
Principal Artist, Art Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
I've worked for a variety of game developers over the last 20 years, from small, indie studios to one of the biggest names in video games. And Zynga, for all of it's issues, was still the best place I've ever worked at as far as work environment, compensation, and perks.
Zynga is a great place to learn new skills
Sr Commercial Contracts and Corporate Paralegal (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 31, 2017
Zynga has a great workplace environment. It can be fast paced and unique, which makes it a great place to learn new things. I find that most co-workers are very collaborative. I have been able to expand my skills and talents in a supportive environment.
Pros
Free lunches, dogs are welcome, workplace culture
Cons
Slow advancement, minimal salary increases
This place is a nightmare
3D Artist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2017
Everything about this company is a fraud, corrupt people were hired abusing all the long term employees, this company deserves to be shut down and I would avoid working there at all cost.
Fun energetic work enviorment
Assistant Chef (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2017
Walking in to the kitchen everyone would always be in a great mood, lots of energy passion on to you. Work would go by really fast while talking to co workers. I never had to lift anything to heavy and my manager never asked for too much and he was super understanding at the work place.
Pros
free food, talkative co workers, fun enviorment
Work hard
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2017
A lot to do, ambitious goals, wall street pressure. You work with very smart people, at lightning speed to build fun products for millions of users. Your job is impactful and awesome, but you better be ready to work hard!
Awesome Experiance
Associate Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work. Right mix of fun and work. I realized, how wonderful it can be if we are working for a gaming company. But, the stock prices are dropping which might affect the company in the future.
It depends
Game Designer (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Different studios have different cultures. It is overall a friendly environment. It seems like that the HQ is doing lots of work to help employees grow and reward them. However, it is executed very differently in different locations.
Pros
Not very stressful
Cons
Not much to learn through work
Good work life balance
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Zynga is a good company, have great work life balance. Good work culture. Awesome co-workers and great pay too. They also provide free food everyday.
Pros
free food
Great, corporate working environment
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 6, 2016
My work schedule was Monday-Friday, 5:00am- 1:30pm. I had one 15 minute break and one 30 minute lunch everday. I had a team of 3 bakers, including me. We made 150-200 pieces of dessert for lunch and 100 pieces of desserts for afternoon snack every day. I had a great relationship with everyone on my team, so it made it enjoyable to come in every day.
used to be innovative
Sr. Technical Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2016
Great culture overall. Casual. Fun. Collaborative. Open communication. Intelligent. Forward Thinking. Innovative. Pushing the limits of engineering the in the gaming space.
Good working environment
Salesforce Admin Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2016
The Goal of the project is to implement and to increase the speed of the Sales in the Organization. Configuring and improving the implementation and developing new capabilities for the free flow of interaction between the users and the customers of the Company
Relaxing & fun environment, with unbelievable perks.
Unity Animator Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2016
Day 2 day: Created texture sheets in Photoshop and geometry(complex planes) in Maya, animated geometry and particles in Unity.

What I learned: Learned Mobile pipeline for mobile games.
Learned animation tools for efficiency in Photoshop / Maya / Unity
Learned whats to be expected for an animator in the mobile gaming industry.

Management: Management was amazing. They had several meetings a day/week to discuss everything from art fixes to schedules to company wide events. Anything I needed, they could help, or at least know which way to direct me.

Hardest part: Integration of assets and functionality of assets into the game engine

Most enjoyable: I loved everything about this Internship.
Pros
Free - Coffee, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, plus snacks
Cons
Free - Coffee, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, plus snacks
Like working at Zynga
AV Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2016
The typical day at Zynga is filled with changes minute by minute - one task my be superseded by another and the flexible people know how to roll with the changes and others don't.
Very active place to work, business never misses a beat
QA Engineer I (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work begins with reviewing the health of our game, and any user complaints within the last 24 hours, go over schedule, and important upcoming dates. We prioritize and begin our day. The hardest part is when we have a major user facing issue a long with a tight schedule, it makes it hard to keep track of everything in flight. The most enjoyable part of working at Zynga is seeing users on my commute happily playing our games.
A Friendly environment with a few management problems.
Marketing Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Overall it was a good company to work for, There was just a lot of miscommunication and that inevitably lead to problems during development.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Bad Communication
my dream job is my reality!!
Human Resource File Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 30, 2015
best company i have ever worked for, i only wish the bay area wasnt so expensive so that i could afford to live there and not have to commute! but other then that its the best job i have ever had...
Quick Rise Long Fall
CIO Group (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoJuly 20, 2015
The pre-IPO halcyon days quickly gave way to a perpetually-failing public company presenting all the disadvantages of a young company (immaturity of a plurality of decision-makers, instability, lack of operational focus,...) as well as all the disadvantages of a large company (bureaucratic sclerosis, Dilbert-style "leaders", fat and waste).
Pros
Cool SF Headquarters, decent compensation and benefits if politically-savvy enough.
Productive fun working environment
DevOps Engr (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2015
I work mostly remote. When on site and not working, I can attend a class at the health club and have a gourmet lunch. If I work late, I can also eat an enjoyable dinner.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
little to no pay raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zynga. Our community is ready to answer.