ZYNGA Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxing & fun environment, with unbelievable perks.
Unity Animator Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2016
Day 2 day: Created texture sheets in Photoshop and geometry(complex planes) in Maya, animated geometry and particles in Unity.

What I learned: Learned Mobile pipeline for mobile games.
Learned animation tools for efficiency in Photoshop / Maya / Unity
Learned whats to be expected for an animator in the mobile gaming industry.

Management: Management was amazing. They had several meetings a day/week to discuss everything from art fixes to schedules to company wide events. Anything I needed, they could help, or at least know which way to direct me.

Hardest part: Integration of assets and functionality of assets into the game engine

Most enjoyable: I loved everything about this Internship.
Pros
Free - Coffee, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, plus snacks
Cons
Free - Coffee, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, plus snacks
Quick Rise Long Fall
CIO Group (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoJuly 20, 2015
The pre-IPO halcyon days quickly gave way to a perpetually-failing public company presenting all the disadvantages of a young company (immaturity of a plurality of decision-makers, instability, lack of operational focus,...) as well as all the disadvantages of a large company (bureaucratic sclerosis, Dilbert-style "leaders", fat and waste).
Pros
Cool SF Headquarters, decent compensation and benefits if politically-savvy enough.
Good working environment
Salesforce Admin Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 26, 2016
The Goal of the project is to implement and to increase the speed of the Sales in the Organization. Configuring and improving the implementation and developing new capabilities for the free flow of interaction between the users and the customers of the Company
Very active place to work, business never misses a beat
QA Engineer I (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work begins with reviewing the health of our game, and any user complaints within the last 24 hours, go over schedule, and important upcoming dates. We prioritize and begin our day. The hardest part is when we have a major user facing issue a long with a tight schedule, it makes it hard to keep track of everything in flight. The most enjoyable part of working at Zynga is seeing users on my commute happily playing our games.
Work Hard, Play Harder
Senior Game Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2014
Colleagues mostly trickle into the office between 9 and 10am and fill racks near the entrance walls with bicycles. The environment is colorful and friendly with large banners representing the company's portfolio of projects. Each desk is personalized by its occupant. The conference rooms are named and themed after nearby game teams. Kitchens an cafes are fully stocked and puppies greet each other during breaks at a dog park on the roof. Most people put in a little more than 50 hours a week and everyone works REALLY hard.
Pros
hard working colleagues, puppies at work, a large gym, and wonderful food
Cons
city traffic and commute, no 401k, bonuses are for management
Like working at Zynga
AV Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2016
The typical day at Zynga is filled with changes minute by minute - one task my be superseded by another and the flexible people know how to roll with the changes and others don't.
Productive fun working environment
DevOps Engr (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2015
I work mostly remote. When on site and not working, I can attend a class at the health club and have a gourmet lunch. If I work late, I can also eat an enjoyable dinner.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
little to no pay raises
Overworked and under appreciated
QA Engineer III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2013
A typical day consisted of writing and executing test plans. Testing features. Writing and regressing bugs. Meetings with developers and producers to discuss the days expectations. Daily smoke tests followed by unplanned overtime almost nightly. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what time my shift would end. The most enjoyable part was working with friends from previous jobs.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unplanned overtime. side promotions with no pay raises. 1 year contract
A Friendly environment with a few management problems.
Marketing Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Overall it was a good company to work for, There was just a lot of miscommunication and that inevitably lead to problems during development.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Bad Communication
Good experience but crazy long hours
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 11, 2012
Overall I felt like I gained a lot of knowledge in the past year in software development, but it came at some costs.

Some weeks the hours were fine, but some weeks you would get stuck working 12-14 hr days which made it rough for work/personal life balance. As a contractor you were not allowed to go to any of the special events that sometimes helped/confirmed that the long days you put in was worth it and appreciated.

I will say my direct management was amazing and very transparent with their decision making.
Pros
free lunches, free snacks
Cons
long hours, job security worries

Want to know more about ZYNGA?

Ask a question
Great place
Executive Assistant to the SVP of Games (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 2, 2014
I love working here. Unfortunately, I had to move to Texas due to family reasons, so I had to leave.
Pros
free food, great benefits and amazing healthcare
Glory days are gone and it is a sinking ship
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2013
The early days were fantastic. Pay was strong, career advancement was great, perks were better than 99% of companies out there. Unfortunately the company is now in its downswing and has been sinking for some time.

Work life balance is difficult in a San Francisco based game studio. Do everything in your power to get onto a profitable game team for your job security. Those that find themselves on unproven projects or in remote studios are at high risk for layoffs and will not get as much pay or bonuses as other teams.
Pros
free food, bring your dog to work, lots of free t-shirts, fun coworkers
Cons
no job stability, work life balance isn't there
Work and games
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2013
A great company to work for who offer great benefits.

Most days were laid back and had a great vibe.
Hit or miss experience. Very dependent on studio and project.
Quality Assurance Engineer I - Release QA Co-Lead (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 13, 2012
It's difficult to give an overall review for Zynga.
As a contractor involved with the launch of two major titles, the work experience can be like apples to oranges.

One project would require the team to work an unknown number of hours in a day typically between 10 to 14 and occasionally the 17 hour shift. Then expect a punctual return the next day at the normal start time.
The other attempted to create a somewhat normal cadence.

However the fast pace and long hours allowed for contractors to pick up a wide variety of experience.
Pros
free lunches, free dinners, free drinks and snacks, view (downtown office), location (downtown office)
Cons
little or no breaks, long and unpredictable hours, no parking provided (downtown office)
Horrible place to work!
Finance (Former Employee) –  SFJuly 25, 2012
Long hours, poor management. Food was free! Finance department very disorganized. To many Chiefs not enough Indians.
Pros
free food
Cons
long hours, poor managment
Fun place to spend 90 hours a week
Senior Service Delivery Manager (Customer Support) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2014
This is a good company. We have a lot of perks. Free breakfast, lunch and dinner. Happy hour on Fridays. A few of us are musicians so we take turn to DJ at happy hour. Multi talented and cool people. And we can bring dogs to work!
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Cons
intense. if you want to be rewarded, you need to really rock at what you do which is fair.
Fun, casual and exciting workplace
Mobile Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2014
A typical day would consist of calendar management, handling executive schedules and meetings, travel arrangements, meeting preparation and budget/expense procurement. I would be engaged with executives and co-workers on a daily basis.
Pros
free food & drinks, casual environment, dogs @ work, working from home
Cons
commute distance for me (personally) from roseville to sf
Productive and Fun place to work!
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2012
Responsibilities:
•Thorough analysis of business requirements, gap analysis
•Create and execute test cases for assigned feature
•Communicate issues, risks and test status in a timely and detailed manner
•Determine root cause of issues found
•Effectively collaborate with team members to achieve the best results
•Contribute to a culture of innovation and quality across the Zynga Quality organization
Superb people, culture, and perks. Unfortunate management/leadership issues
Remote Site Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2013
Wonderful place to work when it came to the caliber of the people. There's so much to say about Zynga that I unfortunately won't even begin to babble...
Pros
free lunches, flexible vacation, world-class colleagues
Cons
management/leadership issues.
Not bad, but not all good
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2014
I have spent 6 years at Zynga and I have watched t change. When I started out it was a great place to work with lots of perks. As Zynga grew they have lost sight of their own company values. They no longer seem interested in the people who work there and are 100% focused only on market value and penetration.
Pros
free meals
Cons
completely focused on metrics only.