Zynga Employee Reviews

An amazing place to work, they have tons of activities and they cater to all age groups, young and mature
Director of Customer Service and Physical Security (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2015
I had the honor of working with such amazing people. They taught me so many things in all manner of ways. Everyone was always very friendly. Hard work never went unnoticed, which is why I was able to be promoted so quickly. I enjoyed most working with all sorts of people. This allowed my true skills to shine no matter what the circumstances called for.
Pros
Free meals round the clock
Cons
No time for breaks
Bad Communication
Marketing Artist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2014
The hardest part about my job with Zynga was the communication between management and the rest of the staff. Most tasks would be received a day before it was due, making things very rushed and unplanned. If there was one thing I wish was better, it would have been the planning and communication of what needed to be done.
Fun place to spend 90 hours a week
Senior Service Delivery Manager (Customer Support) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2014
This is a good company. We have a lot of perks. Free breakfast, lunch and dinner. Happy hour on Fridays. A few of us are musicians so we take turn to DJ at happy hour. Multi talented and cool people. And we can bring dogs to work!
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Cons
Intense. If you want to be rewarded, you need to really rock at what you do which is fair.
Work Hard, Play Harder
Senior Game Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2014
Colleagues mostly trickle into the office between 9 and 10am and fill racks near the entrance walls with bicycles. The environment is colorful and friendly with large banners representing the company's portfolio of projects. Each desk is personalized by its occupant. The conference rooms are named and themed after nearby game teams. Kitchens an cafes are fully stocked and puppies greet each other during breaks at a dog park on the roof. Most people put in a little more than 50 hours a week and everyone works REALLY hard.
Pros
hard working colleagues, puppies at work, a large gym, and wonderful food
Cons
city traffic and commute, no 401k, bonuses are for management
Fun, casual and exciting workplace
Mobile Studio Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2014
A typical day would consist of calendar management, handling executive schedules and meetings, travel arrangements, meeting preparation and budget/expense procurement. I would be engaged with executives and co-workers on a daily basis.
Pros
Free food & drinks, casual environment, dogs @ work, working from home
Cons
Commute distance for me (personally) from Roseville to SF
Not bad, but not all good
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2014
I have spent 6 years at Zynga and I have watched t change. When I started out it was a great place to work with lots of perks. As Zynga grew they have lost sight of their own company values. They no longer seem interested in the people who work there and are 100% focused only on market value and penetration.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Completely focused on metrics only.
Great place
Executive Assistant to the SVP of Games (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 2, 2014
I love working here. Unfortunately, I had to move to Texas due to family reasons, so I had to leave.
Pros
free food, great benefits and amazing healthcare
Evolving company
SENIOR UI DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CaMay 10, 2014
The potential for great opportunities made this an amazing job overall and with the new CEO I am optimistic about the company's outlook.
Pros
Competitive compensation, excellent food, talented co-workers, rapid knowledge sharing
Cons
Team direction pivoted so much it was often hard to move forward
fun work atmosphere
Product Management Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2014
- free meals
- fun workplace
- engaging team members
- good communication
Fun place to work.
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 7, 2014
Great people, fast paced. Good food. Lots to learn if you are up to it. Busy and fun. Management is great!
Pros
Free food, snacks, coffee.
Nice people, great place, uninspired games
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 30, 2013
I know Zynga's reputation isn't exactly sterling as of late, but my experience working at their headquarters in SF was wonderful. Everyone I met was incredibly nice, the employee accommodations were top notch, and despite being the young intern I felt like the work I did was important.
The general issue I detected is that (at least in my department) no one was fired up about the game we were in charge of making. Mind you, there wasn't any real negativity present in meetings, but there felt to be a general malaise and confusion about what we were making.
That's not to say that I wasn't surrounded by sharp, talented people. Rather, I felt that our efforts would have been better put to use on a game project with a more clear vision of what would make it fun.

In short: Great environment, nice and talented people, a bit unfocused vision.
Fun work place
Contracted UI / UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2013
Scrum daily. Weekly team building. Not enough transparency for teams to sharing game assets within company.
Pros
Great food court
Excellent place to work
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 24, 2013
fast pace, not a dull moment, fun. Great team. Learned a lot. There was always something to be done. Great work environment.
Pros
free lunch, great benefits, great team
LA studio was the best place I worked (so far)
Flash/PHP Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2013
During the interview I saw how well this team worked together. 90% was ex-EALA employees. My boss was very VERY conscious about work live balance and though out my 2 years there it showed. The skill and talent of the entire team was immense, I never though I'd have a chance to work with such veterans.
Work and games
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2013
A great company to work for who offer great benefits.

Most days were laid back and had a great vibe.
Fun place to work..work hard, play hard..bring your pet to work, plenty of games, free food
Finance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2013
Pros
Plenty of opportunity to make useful contributions
Cons
Lack of direction
Good scope for enhancing skills
Functional consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 12, 2013
Zynga always encouraged to enhance skills by participating lunch and learn sessions.
A productive place to work.
Game Developer (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoJuly 26, 2013
I was at Zynga Inc. for a very long time, and I would say it was a great place to get your feet wet, if you're new in the industry.

Overall, my coworkers were excellent. The hardest part of the job is growth. There's really no room for growth. It seems that they've run out of that.

What I really enjoyed about my job there was creating a game from the ground up. A lot of experienced veterans were there, which made it interesting.
Pros
There was free gym membership for all Zynga Inc. employees, and sometimes we get to eat free lunches and dinners. Great pay.
Cons
It felt that promotions and recognition are based on a popularity contest.
Superb people, culture, and perks. Unfortunate management/leadership issues
Remote Site Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2013
Wonderful place to work when it came to the caliber of the people. There's so much to say about Zynga that I unfortunately won't even begin to babble...
Pros
Free Lunches, Flexible vacation, world-class colleagues
Cons
Management/Leadership issues.
Glory days are gone and it is a sinking ship
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2013
The early days were fantastic. Pay was strong, career advancement was great, perks were better than 99% of companies out there. Unfortunately the company is now in its downswing and has been sinking for some time.

Work life balance is difficult in a San Francisco based game studio. Do everything in your power to get onto a profitable game team for your job security. Those that find themselves on unproven projects or in remote studios are at high risk for layoffs and will not get as much pay or bonuses as other teams.
Pros
Free food, bring your dog to work, lots of free t-shirts, fun coworkers
Cons
No job stability, work life balance isn't there