Reagent Manufacturing Technician
Zyomyx Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Manufacturing Technician to expand its Product Development Team. She/He will perform reagent production and a small portion of QC activities for the manufacturing of colloidal reagents. She/He will also support manufacturing processes developments. Activities will be conducted in a biochemistry lab and a controlled environment setting.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Purification of colloidal suspensions using robotic device.
- Conjugation, dispensing and lyophilization of colloidal reagents.
- Preparation of buffers and other biochemical formulations
- Support manufacturing processes development of colloidal reagents.
- Help maintain and track supplies inventory
- Perform basic in-process QC tasks and record results
- Record manufacturing tasks in batch records/travelers, computer data entry
- Perform basic preventative maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a hands-on, wet bench manufacturing support related position in the chemical or biotech industry.
- Proficient hands on experience with standard biotech laboratory and work practices (pipetting, balances, pH meters, vortex mixer, UV-Vis, etc.).
- Ability to maintain extreme attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills, procedures and approaches.
- Ability to effectively document procedures, processes, and results.
- Familiar with basic calculation skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written English)
- Basic computer literacy (Excel, Word, )
- Willingness to work under cGMP; flexibility and willingness to work in a start-up atmosphere.
Other beneficial skill sets
- Previous experience with handling of colloidal solutions.
- Previous experience with robotic liquid handling system.
- Previous experience or training in cleanroom or sterile environments.
- Previous experience with liquid nitrogen handling.
Zyomyx is a privately funded biotech company focused on the development of protein and cell based point-of-care diagnostic products. The company is located mid-bay, in Fremont, CA, in a high-tech business park right next to the East end of the Dumbarton Bridge. Zyomyx is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, go to www.zyomyx.com.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Zyomyx is a developer and manufacturer of innovative Point-of Care diagnostic products and is seeking a highly motivated QA Specialist to...