ABOUT ADS SECURITY ADS was established in Nashville in 1990 and currently serves over 70,000 residences, businesses and industrial facilities residences throughout the southeastern United States. ADS Security, is ranked the 23rd largest electronic security firm in the nation according to the 22nd annual Top 100 rankings compiled by Security Distributing & Marketing (SDM), a leading industry publication. ADS is the only Tennessee-based company to hold a position among SDM’s prestigious top 25 slots and has ranked in the Top 100 for over 20 consecutive years.
FIVE DIAMOND MONITORING CENTER ADS is the only security installation company to operate a UL-listed1, CSAA2 Five Diamond Monitoring Center in Middle Tennessee. Each Monitoring Center Operator at ADS has earned the Five Diamond Central Station Certificate, the highest training certification available in the industry.
As a member of the ADS Security Team our priority is always to provide quality service to our customers. The Central Station Dispatcher position directly reports to the shift supervisor. Daily responsibilities for Dispatchers include communicating with customers and responders regarding occurrences from security and life safety systems. Dispatchers will also troubleshoot and coordinate with technicians and customers to ensure systems are functioning properly.
- Monitor alarms and dispatch appropriate responses to the proper individuals, including but not limited to local authorities, emergency response personnel, service technicians, etc
- Answer telephones with a clear, concise and professional voice
- Type responses from incoming calls by verbatim
- Set up service appointments after normal business hours
- Must be able to read and follow special instructions displayed for some accounts.
- Input account changes into the computer as necessary
- Ensure work stations are neat and orderly
- Work additional hours when necessary. - i.e fill open shifts and during storms
- Handle high levels of stress and customer issues in a calm and professional manner at all times
- Attend a designated schedule, and must be on time each shift
- All other duties as assigned that relate to daily business of Central Station
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to type 30WPM
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift /second shift hours 2-10 p.m. third shift hours 10- 6 a.m.
- Must be able to obtain State of Tennessee security license per company policy by passing extensive background check
- Must be neat and professional in appearance and presence
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug testing