We provide Controller/Bookkeeping level services to small and medium size businesses throughout Central Ohio. We currently have opportunities for accounting professionals who are looking for the ability to work part-time and desire a healthy balance between their family, work and other responsibilities.
We are setting up accounts with local businesses where you will work for them for a set number of hours per week or per month under flexible work schedules. In these positions, you will become a part-time member of the company’s accounting group and will work mostly in their offices. In some cases, you may be the primary accounting contact. You will have an opportunity to utilize and develop your skills, while maintaining a flexible work schedule.
Your personal schedule and/or family responsibilities may allow you to work under one of the following schedules:
- Four days per week/10am to 2pm.
- Two to three days per week/four to eight hours per day.
- Two to five days per week/9am to 1 pm.
Depending on your experience and the opportunity for which you are qualified, you will be able to earn an hourly rate ranging from $20 to $30 per hour. We provide no medical benefits, paid time off or 401(k). We simply pay an hourly rate for the hours you work. Depending on your assignment, you may need access to your own laptop computer.
Keep in mind that these positions are part-time. Your hours are expected to range from 40 to 80 per month. These are also year round positions, not temporary assignments. We would ask you for a commitment to this type of arrangement and would not want you to use this as an “in-between” position while you search for a full-time position. Also do not apply if you are seeking a full-time position.
- BS or BA degree in accounting or a related field with at least 3-5 years of public accounting or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience working in a small business (under $10 million in sales) is helpful.
- You should have progressed in your career to the point that you have had management level experience, Controller, Assistant Controller or Accounting Manager.
- Well-rounded in your accounting background with familiarity with most accounting functions – general ledger, AR, AP and payroll.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work directly with business owners.
- Strong ability to work on your own without direct supervision.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are comfortable working with minimal supervision, please submit the below items:
1. Current resume and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience and what you feel is the ideal opportunity for you. Include information on systems experience (Quickbooks, Macola, Great Plains, etc.).
2. Your thoughts on the work schedule you are seeking, the hourly rate with which you are comfortable and the part of Central Ohio in which you would like to work. When you submit you salary range, please keep in mind the more flexible you are on your hourly salary requirements, the better chance we have to find an opportunity for you.
We expect these opportunities to arise not only in the near future, but also over the next year or more. Even if you are presently working full-time, but may be interested in this type of arrangement in the near future, please send us some information and let us know your time schedule for moving to part-time. We would be happy to include you in our database for future reference.
In our recruiting for these positions, we receive many more resumes than we can possibly respond to. ALL RESUMES THAT WE RECEIVE ARE REVIEWED. In some cases, we will contact you within a week or so of receiving your resume. In other cases, we will include you in our database and contact you at the point a position that suits your skills and your requirements arises.