Established in 1955, be.group is one of the nation’s leading nonprofit providers of senior housing and support, serving more than 5,300 older adults through a network of senior living communities and other programs. Our mission is to help residents and clients discover new ways to embrace life’s possibilities and new options for exploring their potential.
be.group is seeking an ASSESSMENT NURSE for White Sands La Jolla, our continuing care retirement community located in La Jolla, CA.
The Assessment Nurse contributes to the success of the be.group by effectively planning and implementing nursing services to provide quality care and to ensure the highest degree of resident satisfaction in unison with all other departments and in alignment with the be.group’s Mission, Vision and Core Beliefs. This includes, but is not limited to:
Resident Assessment and Delivery of Care:
- Ensure completion of admission, annual and change of condition assessments.
- Completes assessments and development of Resident Service Plan based on assessment
- Updates RSP calendar for IDT members, attends Care Plan meetings and follows-up on concerns
- Maintain information on current diagnosis, advance directives and DNR
- Assesses residents using the standard organizational assessment tool and enters assessment and other resident information into appropriate computer software program.
- Participates in Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) committee and follows-up on recommendations from consultants as needed.
- Assure appropriate quality of care is provided to all Residents/Clients according to their individual needs
- Communicates with Supervisor & IDT, family and staff relating to resident’s care and needs
- Ensure resident rights are preserved
- Foster appropriate communication and relations between Resident, Family, Guest and Staff
- Conducts audit of each resident health record upon annual assessment.
- Follows-up to ensure that health record is in compliance and any issues identified in audit are connected.
- Maintain Resident/Family/Client confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations, be.group’s Commitment to Quality and Employee Standards of Conduct
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school.
- Current CA LVN or RN license
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience as Assessment Nurse, preferred
- CPR Certification
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in Residential Care Facility for the Elderly and/or Skilled Nursing Facility
- Ability to work with computers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills, a professional attitude, commitment to quality of care and willing to help foster a positive working environment
- Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality and privacy
- Interact professionally with all customers, including ill, older adults, disabled persons and co-workers, individually and as a part of a team
- Focused attention to detail, highly organized & demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple-tasks, achieve desired results and adapt favorably to changing priorities
- Effective ability to make appropriate judgments and decisions, in a timely manner and within the context of the situation at hand
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to effectively respond to emergency and/or crisis situations
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal direction in English
- Department of Justice and Department of Social Services clearance required
- be.group participates in E-verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 10 months ago