Established in 1955, be.group is one of the nation’s leading nonprofit providers of senior housing and support, serving more than 5,300 older adults through a network of senior living communities and other programs. Our mission is to help residents and clients discover new ways to embrace life’s possibilities and new options for exploring their potential.
be.group is seeking a COOK for White Sands La Jolla, our continuing care retirement community located in La Jolla, CA.
Reporting to the Chef, this position effectively ensures the highest quality nutritional meals and the highest degree of resident satisfaction in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Core Beliefs of be.group. Work in a fast-paced environment, from fine dining service to catering special events for our brand experience. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Prepare dishes for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner for all residents, guests, staff, employees and special functions using production sheets, recipe books and posted guidelines.
- Prepare and plan items and ingredients for following day’s production.
- Record over/under on production sheet for each meal.
- Plate food for tray service and dining room service per posted guidelines.
Delivery of Services and Programs
- Produce foods in batches following posted guidelines, recipes and procedures to ensure a high degree of freshness and quality.
- Respond to Resident/Client needs and requests promptly, appropriately, and with respect at all times.
- Plan and organize the day’s workload in order to produce and complete work assignments in given time period.
- Perform cleaning duties as outlined on cleaning schedules.
- Follow HACCP procedures by recording temperatures of all food produced and ensure proper temperature.
- Note temperatures of all freezers/refrigerators and reports any malfunctions.
- Properly labels and stores all food items.
- Follow dress and hygiene requirements.
- Follow established policies and procedures and understands and complies with all regulatory standards set forth by governing entities.
- Provide support in Quality Assurance Program and provide corrections as necessary.
- Assure the standards of high quality food are provided to residents, staff, guests, and attendees of special functions.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of organized residential events and special catered functions as scheduled.
- Foster appropriate communication and relations between Resident, Family, Client, Guest and Staff.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- San Diego Health Food Handlers Card or Certified Serve Safe.
- Two years cooking experience in the retirement home food service industry, preferred
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and to demonstrate interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to follow written and verbal direction in English.
- Willingness and ability to maintain appropriate level of confidentiality and privacy.
- Willingness and ability to interact professionally with all customers, including the ill, aged, disabled persona and co-workers, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple items/tasks as required and adapt favorably to changing priorities.
- Willingness and ability to make appropriate judgments, decisions and problem solving in a timely manner and within the context of the situation at hand.
- Ability to effectively prioritize items/tasks as required.
- Willingness and ability to effectively respond to emergency and/or crisis situations.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Department of Justice and Department of Social Services clearance required
be.group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
BE Group is a leading trading and service company in steel, stainless steel and aluminium in the Nordic region with expanding operations in...