Established in 1955, be.group is one of the nation’s leading nonprofit providers of senior housing and support, serving more than 5,300 older adults through a network of senior living communities and other programs. Our mission is to help residents and clients discover new ways to embrace life’s possibilities and new options for exploring their potential.
be.group is seeking a COOK for White Sands La Jolla, our upscale continuing care retirement community located in La Jolla, CA.
The Cook contributes to the success of be.group by effectively ensuring the highest quality nutritional meals and the highest degree of resident satisfaction in alignment with be.group’s Mission, Vision and Core Beliefs. This position works in a fast-paced environment, from fine dining service to catering special events for our brand experience. This further includes, but is not limited to:
- Prepare dishes for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner for all residents, guests, staff, employees and special functions using production sheets, recipe books and posted guidelines.
- Prepare and plan items and ingredients for following day’s production.
- Record over/under on production sheet for each meal.
- Plate food for tray service and dining room service per posted guidelines.
Delivery of Services and Programs
- Produce foods in batches following posted guidelines, recipes and procedures to ensure a high degree of freshness and quality.
- Respond to Resident/Client needs and requests promptly, appropriately, and with respect at all times.
- Plan and organize the day’s workload in order to produce and complete work assignments in given time period.
- Perform cleaning duties as outlined on cleaning schedules.
- Follow HACCP procedures by recording temperatures of all food produced and ensure proper temperature.
- Properly labels and stores all food items.
- Follow dress and hygiene requirements.
- Provide support in Quality Assurance Program and provide corrections as necessary.
- Assure the standards of high quality food are provided to residents, staff, guests, and attendees of special functions.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of organized residential events and special catered functions as scheduled.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- San Diego Health Food Handlers Card or Certified Serve Safe.
- Two years cooking experience in the retirement home food service industry, preferred
- Ability to work with computers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills and willing to help foster a positive working environment
- Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality and privacy
- Interact professionally with all customers, including older adults, disabled persons and co-workers, individually and as a part of a team
- Focused attention to detail and the ability to effectively handle multiple items/tasks, prioritize as required and adapt favorably to changing priorities
- Effective ability to make appropriate judgments and decisions, in a timely manner and within the context of the situation at hand
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to effectively respond to emergency and/or crisis situations
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal direction in English
- Department of Justice and Department of Social Services clearance required
be.group participates in E-verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BE Group is a leading trading and service company in steel, stainless steel and aluminium in the Nordic region with expanding operations in...