Locals preferred, H1B ok, 12-month contract in downtown Minneapolis. Details below:
The Data Warehouse lead is responsible for implementing and leading an enterprise data strategy, as well as hands on build out and maintenance of the enterprise-database. This position is responsible for the creation, implementation and oversight of policies, strategies and programs designed to manage data and to provide access and tools for data analysts across the organization. This individual will lead the data management function to build a data warehouse, developing data objects and structure to enhance quality, availability and consistency across the organization. The person will ensure that risks related to data management are identified and managed to internal policies as well as external regulatory requirements. Activities include overseeing the department’s efforts, will work with executive leadership, business units and I.T. units to plan and implement new business processes that leverage information assets.
Position Requirements Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, finance, business or technical discipline preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, is essential, and professional certification preferred.
- 7+ years of progressively more senior practical experience in business intelligence and data management roles. Experience at an insurance industry is preferred.
- The candidate must have strong experience with Microsoft SQL 2012 and ETL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL
- Experience in tools like Tableau and/or Pyramid is preferred
- High degree of problem solving skills by bringing a high level of intelligence and curiosity to work. Able to apply mature, pragmatic business judgment in making decisions.
- Creatively and effectively challenges the thinking of others. Able to resolve unusual problems with creative solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills, ability to interact and communicate with all levels of personnel including non-technical stakeholders and from staff through and executive management in a professional/tactful manner.
- Able to work with loosely defined projects to recommend solutions to enhance and automate processes and workflows.
- Ability to work with team to meet deadlines and effectively order priorities.
- Creative, flexible and detail-oriented while delivering clear, organized results.
- Able to envision a success strategy for the data management office and then help turn the vision into reality through hands-on action.
- Person needs proven experience in balancing competing priorities
- Identifies database requirements by interviewing customers; analyzing department applications, programming, and operations; evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Champion an information management roadmap for the organization and champion completion to ensure ongoing effective data management program. This includes employee training and transparency regarding enterprise wide data management.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- Oversee the design, control and maintenance of SQL databases while ensuring that code is well documented and tested.
- -Experience in designing, implementing, maintaining, and documenting complex database applications, data warehouse, relational database models, dimensional data models, data mapping, and data dictionaries.
- Experience with data dictionaries, ontologies and metadata management
- Experience with Data Modeling tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect, MS Visio, PowerDesigner, Erwin, Embarcadero ER/Studio, Oracle Designer, etc.)
- Experience with semi-structured data sources such as XML.