Comparenow.com is an enterprise owned by a consortium of insurance carriers from the US and Europe. Admiral Group Plc (the third largest auto insurer in the UK) is the majority owner with several other minority owners from the insurance industry. The business will reinvent how consumers shop for auto insurance in the US, creating a “Travelocity®” like process for those products. We are building a consumer brand that will become part of the common vernacular. Just as Kleenex is another term for tissue, we intend to be the same for online comparison shopping, initially for auto insurance and then expanding to other related insurance and unrelated financial services. Sound interesting? If so, keep reading.
THE PERSON & THE CULTURE
At comparenow.com, we are different, maybe even a bit counter culture. We re-invent industries rather than live in the establishment. We grow things from scratch, organically. If you have an ego you will not succeed here and we have absolutely no time, or patience, for politics. Effective interaction with the team is required, as is challenging each other’s ideas to come to the best possible solution. We are looking for someone who comes with a wealth of good ideas on their own but also recognizes the inherent creativity in all of us and accepts willingly that the next great idea may not be of their own genesis. Flexibility is key, as we plan for the long-term but adjust continuously. Capability and capacity are the people definers here. We sweat the details and look at our numbers daily at the granular level. We are humble and modest but aggressive and impatient. Is this you? If so, keep reading.
If you are an expert in SEO and/or PPC this is the job for you! This position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial, incredibly smart ecommerce marketing person to really flex their marketing muscles and make a difference in the growth of a start-up company. The company is a comparison website where consumer marketing is the heart of what we do. This role will be positioned to use both experienced based insight and extremely strong analytical skills to make recommendations, rapidly test ideas, and implement success stories on a nationwide scale. The right person for this role will like having the resources available to make things happen and the drive to grow their marketing channels at accelerated rates. This person finds the white space in their channels and comes up with great new ideas. And, while the company has a strong focus on high quality work and superior results, there’s a fun work environment (including a large Lego wall) and terrific team members that help ensure we enjoy what we do each day.
- Working with both external agencies and internal development resources to manage and grow the organic search and paid search channels.
- Implement Paid Search/SEO strategies and plans for organization.
- Improve SEO ranking through linking strategies, copy/metadata optimization, and internal process improvement
- Monitor data on a regular basis using Google Analytics Software and other available tools
- Perform Analysis of SEO performance and create recommendations based on performance over time
- Implement SEO modifications based on analysis
- Optimize landing pages and develop new customer experiences for search programs.
- Stay on top of emerging SEO trends and technologies; sharing newest best practices and suggestions for changes to current processes.
- Manages the associated channel budgets to meet and/or exceed agreed upon key performance indicators.
- College Degree Preferred
- 2 – 4 years of online marketing experience working with an e-commerce website.
- Able to increase organic and/or paid traffic for targeted keywords.
- Proven ability to analyze data from analytics and optimize efforts for highest conversion.
- Experience with competitive site analysis, keyword density analysis, and optimization of site content.
- Experience working with external agency management a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.