Certified Activity Director - Long Term Care
Granbury Care Center, Granbury, TX
Creative Solutions in Healthcare has a great opportunity for a Certified Activity Director! This is a wonderful opportunity to positively impact the lives of our residents and enrich their well-being. The Activity Director is responsible for planning and leading resident activities that meet a variety of social needs. Additionally, the Activity Director is responsible for hiring and training Activity Assistants, and developing a pool of volunteers to assist with leading activities for residents and bolstering community involvement.
- High school graduate with certification where required by state regulations.
- Must be a Certified Activity Director.
- Excellent creative and communication skills.
- Ability to organize, document, and implement detailed programs.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to perform Essential Duties as outlined below.
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and write the English language.
- Experience with creating and implementing effective resident care plans.
- Ability to develop, organize and implement a program of activities for the social, emotional, physical and other therapeutic needs of the residents within specified budget.
- Maintain detailed records of activity programs and participation of individual residents, identifying progress toward
established care plan goals.
- Conduct resident activity histories and assessments as required by state and federal standards.
- Publish and distribute a monthly calendar of events and periodic facility newsletter.
- Develop and maintain an active volunteer program.
Reliability, trustworthiness and consistency with regard to attendance is extremely important to this job. The ability to regularly and timely attend work, cooperative and politely work and deal with others, and to effectively multi-task and work in a stressful environment are also essential functions to this job.
If you love being the life of the party and enjoy working with seniors, please contact us today! We look forward to speaking with you! You may apply directly at the facility.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE.)