Human Resource Specialist - Long Term Care
Creative Solutions in Healthcare – San Antonio, TX
Creative Solutions in Healthcare has an opening for a Traveling Human Resource Specialist. The HR Specialist will travel extensively within an assigned territory of skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. The Specialist will assist with hiring and training on-site HR coordinators, and will periodically audit the on-site HR Coordinator's work for adherence to state and federal nursing facility guidelines. The HR Specialist will also serve as a liaison to the facility for questions regarding employee relations and risk management concerns.
The selected candidate will possess experience in several areas of human resources:
- 2-5 experience with human resource functions including payroll, employee relations, hiring processes, and disciplinary actions;
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws;
- Experience working with a work injury benefit program or worker’s compensation program;
- Able to exercise great initiative and independent judgment, including maintaining strict confidentiality regarding personnel actions, legal actions, terminations and organizational plans;
- Ability to organize and work within deadlines;
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and customer service skills.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
The HR Specialist will work collaboratively with the facility management team, as well as corporate staff to identify and resolve areas of potential concern. The Specialist will train on-site staff and make recommendations to the coordinator, facility Administrator, and corporate staff. In addition, the HR Specialist will:
- Resolve facility issues by providing analysis and corrective action for all non-routine situations
- Assist in supervising facility DON and Administrators regarding policies, contracts, laws, and agreements.
- Provide facility personnel with information and written materials such as employment regulations, education, employee manuals.
- Train HR Coordinators in company policies and programs.
- Provide general support to facilities addressing a broad variety of issues, maintaining files, databases, records of actions or personnel, evaluations, tenure, and payroll.
- Conduct employee orientation programs introducing personnel, employment benefits, and payroll.
- Provide written references materials, convey information through developed written materials such as forms, brochures, procedures, and pamphlets required for documenting activities.
Creative Solutions in Healthcare offers a highly competitive benefits package, including health insurance, tuition reimbursement, free CEUs, a company-sponsored life insurance policy, paid time off, and extensive company training. In addition to the benefits listed above, this position also offers a car allowance, cell phone reimbursement, a company-sponsored laptop, and use of a company card.
Based out of Fort Worth Texas, Creative Solutions in Healthcare was founded in the year 2000. Our guiding principle is “A lived lived for others is a life worthwhile.” This extends to our company culture, where we make it our top priority to care for seniors with the respect, compassion and dignity they deserve. We are one of the largest providers of long term care in the state of Texas, and were recently named “Top 100 Companies” in the Fort Worth Business Press! With over 50 skilled nursing centers and 13 assisted living facilities throughout Texas, we have multiple opportunities that will match your career interests. Please contact us today to begin a new career!
Creative Solutions in Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).