Location Changes Everything. Location-based services have become one of the most compelling aspects of on-line services. From mobile applications to the Internet to enterprise resource management, location is being used to enhance applications with better context, drive local search revenues, and improve operational efficiency.
deCarta is the leading independent enabler of location-based services. Building on over 15 years of development, deCarta provides software and services that can add mapping, routing and local search functionality to its customers’ services, all in their own brand. deCarta’s technology has been proven by some of the biggest and most demanding customers in the world, establishing our reputation for scalability and performance. And our business model is based on making our customers successful, which means letting those brands take center stage. Our internet customers include or have included Google, Yahoo, Ask, Rand McNally, Hotels.com and many others. Our Mobile Application customers include Samsung, Inrix, TeleNav, TCS, FullPower and eBay.
About the Regional Sales Manager role
Based in the Bay Area, the Regional Sales Manager will have responsibility for prospecting, developing and closing new accounts for deCarta’s leading geospatial, mapping and routing technologies. The annual quota for new sales is approximately $1M with an average deal size of $150K and with some deals as large as $1M. This individual will also manage and grow existing accounts in the territory. The territory consists of specific accounts throughout North America so domestic travel will be required.
About the successful candidate’s experience
- Five years of successful sales experience selling one of the following technologies:
- Software development tools * Software platforms for application development
- Database management tools * Software middleware tools.
- MapInfo products * Enterprise sales of Google or Bing maps
- Search tools
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales goals in dynamic, fast growing software companies, including experience working in early stage companies.
- Proven ability to develop long term, strategically important, customer relationships.
About the successful candidate’s skills and background
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills and aptitude.
- An incredibly strong work ethic and the desire to maximize his/her income.
- The ability to operate in an environment where very little is defined, chaos reigns and if the ball is lying on the field, he or she is the type who will jump on it and start running down the field.