1. Position Summary: Reporting to the Product Owner works as a member of the SCRUM team to develop and test software components that are defect free upon release and consistent with the eHDS product architecture and design.
2. Essential Responsibilities and Primary Accountabilities:
a. Supervisory responsibilities: N/A
b. Code PHP and/or Java applications within a Model View Controller MVC) framework
i. Ensure maintainability by utilizing test driven development principles using standard tools such as PHP Unit or JUnit.
ii. Refactor code as necessary to ensure scalability when appropriate.
i. Plan relational database design and programming in decision support applications
ii Incorporate embedded database access queries as necessary.
d. Communicate with Product Owner to gain understanding of acceptance criteria
i. Create automated acceptance test scripts
ii. Research specification and customer feedback in order to make design decisions
e. Verify product acceptability
i. Execute tests to ensure standards
ii. Participate in code and/or design reviews as required.
f. Respond to internal/external requests
i. Work on items prioritized by the Product Owner
ii. Work as a member of the SCRUM Team to accurately size tasks as required
iii. Works as part of the on-call rotation
3. Essential/Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
a. Required Education and Certification(s)
i. Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or relevant experience
b. Work Experience and Related Experience
i. Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience with relational database management systems, web applications and object oriented development design.
ii. Experience with object oriented programming languages such as Java, PHP and Ruby
iii. Experience with XML and XSLT preferred.
iv. Experience with Linux Operating System preferred
v. Work experience in healthcare IT preferred.
c. Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
i. Software design and development in a model-view-controller (MVC) framework.
ii. Test driven development principles, tools and techniques.
iii. Web application and object oriented design principles.
iv. Cucumber testing tools a plus.
v. Unit testing using test driven development and automated testing tools and techniques.
vi. Data warehouse design and implementation.
vii. Statistical analysis of test results.
viii. Strong ability to consult effectively, communicate proactively and work in a collaborative environment that includes non-technical stakeholders.
4. Work Environment and Physical Demands: Requires standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time, talking and listening. Must be able to walk and use hands. Typical office environment. Must be available 24/7 as part of the on-call rotation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
5. Location: Yellow Springs, OH
6. Travel Requirements: Minimal