Senior JDE Developer
The Senior Developer position is responsible for the maintenance of JDE Enterprise One software applications in support of the Enterprise Operations business unit. These applications include Fox Vault Inventory Management, Purchase Order Management and Customer Order Management. The position also plays a major role in the development of enhancements and new functionality and will be assigned to special projects across business units or functional area as they come up.
The Senior Developer IT position is responsible for the maintenance of JDE Enterprise One software applications in support of the Enterprise Operations business unit. These applications include Fox Vault Inventory Management, Purchase Order Management and Customer Order Management. The position also plays a major role in the development of enhancements and new functionality and will be assigned to special projects across business units or functional area as they come up.
1. Analysis and Design
- Consults with Business Analysts to identify and analyze technology needs and problems.
- Participates in group application design activities.
- Performs data flow diagramming and/or process modeling (code architecture).
- Creates and Maintains technical specifications for application components.
- Prepares estimate for design, coding and testing.
- Designs complex software and database objects.
2. Development and Testing
- Participates in group development activities.
- Develops new complex features and functions for software applications.
- Develops new complex software solutions according to defined application requirements.
- Performs Unit Testing and debugging of applications.
- Identifies complex integration.
- Provides programming support through all testing phases and general releases of software.
- Adheres to department programming standards and methodology.
3. Delivery and Installation
- Assists with pre-release and release processes including Change Control.
- Creates system documentation.
- Assists the Infrastructure group with configuration and deployment of new systems.
4. Production Support
- Participates in production support activities.
- Identifies problems and analyze potential solutions including workarounds.
- Performs minor tuning, repairs and/or maintenance to production applications.
- Works with other IT departments on integrated system support, as required.
- Works as a member of a cross-functional, integrated development team.
- Works with the other developers to continually improve development standards and other departmental processes and documentation.
- Communicates status and issues to management on a regular basis.
- Adheres to department standards, policies, procedures and industry best practices.
- Expert understanding of the EnterpiseOne application and development packages
- Working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts and database management systems.
- Knowledge of Entertainment industry business practices is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to create process flow diagrams and flowcharts using Visio or similar charting tool.
- Advanced skills in developing program in the EnterpriseOne (8.12 and above) environment.
- Ability to understand and translate complex business needs into technical solutions.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing in the JDE EnterpriseOne environment utilizing tools such as FDARDA, NER, BSFNs, BSSV’s and Debugger.
- Experience in design and development of Power Form applications is required.
- Experience with AS400/DB2, C++, Java, and Create!Form is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing production support activities.
Please email your resume & cover letter.