The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining and ensuring the quality and performance of all production and test databases and supporting a group of 8 to 10 developers and 70 business users across locations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Provide database administration on production, development and test Oracle databases in a UNIX environment to ensure security, redundancy, scalability, and availability.
- Assist development and front-line support teams to troubleshoot problems and to enforce fundamentals of good database design.
- Test and manage vendor supplied upgrades and patches to the database.
- Work with network administrators to manage a successful backup and recovery strategy as it relates to Oracle databases.
- As part of the IT team, as needed provide 24X7 infrastructure support to both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and certification in Oracle Technology desired
- 5 years experience working with databases including 2-3 years as a Database Administrator in a production environment
- Strong working knowledge of the fundamentals of Oracle 11g Administration in RAC environment, including Data Guard, Enterprise Manager, backup and recovery techniques
- Strong working knowledge of Unix fundamentals, best practices, and shell scripting
- Proficiency in PL/SQL
- Understanding of Oracle performance tuning concepts and techniques
- Experience with:
o Relational database design concepts and modeling tools
o IT change management processes and controls; version control concepts and tools
- Working experience with virtual environments using VMware is a plus.
- A Broad understanding of financial markets is preferred.
eSecLending is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit resumes with a cover letter, including salary requirements. Please, no agencies.
With over 100 employees located in Boston, London, Sydney and Burlington, VT, eSecLending is an independent global securities lending agent...