(US citizens or green card or EAD holders only)
Posting Title: IT Project Manager-Consulting/Financial Services
Functional Discipline: Project Management
Job Type: Contract-to-hire/Fulltime-Regular
Job Category: Professional Services
Travel %: 50 -75%
Office Location: Annandale
Job Description: "This is a great opportunity for a Project Manager to have a real impact on our business by working with a variety of software products (including fraud detection, collections, origination, etc.) and with a variety of clients across several industries (including banking, retail, etc.)". --Hiring Manager
The Delivery Management Practice is responsible for:
- leading and managing all project delivery for Professional Services projects in the Americas
- providing sales support when needed to the sales team
- providing estimates for project management activities on a given project
- working with Staffing Manager and Practice Leaders to staff team members onto and off of a project
- maintaining and/or improving project margins and customer satisfaction targets for Professional Services
The Project Manager needs to lead all aspects of the program to include:
- client meetings
- regular program status reporting
- managing the program budget, schedule, risks, issues, and resources
- escalation when needed
The Project Manager must be able to:
- Develop, estimate and plan large, complex IT projects, with resource estimates, time schedules, and budget.
- Ensure achievement of all project goals and objectives
- Govern project delivery methodology and utilize project management best practices
- Ensure realistic project plans, resource plans, training plans, and scope documents for each enhancement implementation and application support.
- Manage change during the program lifecycle.
- Manage and negotiate across functional system teams supporting all aspects of program delivery.
- Work in a team environment.
- Lead a remote team with team members located throughout the US.
Experience/Qualifications: The Project Manager must have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective communication with clients, internal teams, and management team;
- Experience with Full Systems Life cycle development; from analysis, design and requirements, through development, testing, deployment, and user acceptance, and client signoff.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodology, techniques, and skills required to effectively manage scope, schedule, budget, communication, resources, and risk.
- Excellent organizational skills to work both efficiently and effectively.
- Good consultative skills and an open mind to help develop business solutions for clients.
- Good expectation management skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage a group of people to achieve maximum performance.
- Ability to manage a remote team of multiple sub-contractors.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks and projects within deadlines and constraints.
- Knowledge/experience with Rational Unified Process and Scrum are a plus, but not required
eSense® Incorporated is a consulting and service firm specializing in Information Technology and Busines Process Reengineering. We...