eventPower, a full service conference planning company, is looking for a Senior IT Developer/Designer to design and implement high-quality, leading-edge conference solution tools.
- Implement tools and systems primarily in the Ruby on Rails framework.
- Upgrade, improve and maintain existing internally developed tools.
- Implement new strategies, processes, frameworks and development/test/production methodologies and environments aligned with company and departmental goals.
- Manage source code revision control systems.
- Focus on providing superior tools and capabilities to clients and internal staff.
- Design and implement third-party API tools integrating with various systems across multiple client application environments.
- Help redesign and upgrade existing websites and custom-developed tools with an emphasis on user-friendly interface design.
- Design and build HTML/CSS templates for use across the platform.
- Continually focus on clean UI and clean code.
- Ensure and test compatibility across browser platforms.
- Lead the company’s foray into providing information on mobile devices.
- User Support: Realize that the best tools and platforms are only “best” based on user experience.
- Quickly resolve bugs, errors or issues.
- Work closely with internal users and clients to provide the best tools and systems with a goal of far surpassing our competition.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Train staff on new technologies and systems.
- 3-5 years software development/design experience
- BS or BA in science/technology field preferred
- Experience working on meeting planning tools a plus
- Experience in user interface design for web and mobile apps
- Experience in Ruby on Rails
- Experience in database design and development
- Experience with requirements analysis including customer interaction
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with Objective C/Apple iOS desired
- Excellent teamwork and communications skills required
- Ability to work productively supporting a diverse team
- Ability to link IT processes and systems to changing business requirements
- Ability to self-schedule and work independently
- Ability to recommend solutions that maximize value while minimizing cost
- Flexible, adaptive attitude
- Comfortable in a flat organization, with matrix reporting; able to thrive in an unstructured environment
- Must be willing to travel occasionally for meetings and event support -- approximately 15-20 days per year.
eventPower offers meeting planning tools and services. From full conference support services to “a la carte services and...