Busy hospital based independent pathology lab seeking full time or part-time Histology Technologist.
- Preparation of slides- processing, embedding, and tissue sectioning;
- Managing inventory- record-keeping, ordering supplies, organizing;
- Maintaining all legal regulations, accreditations, JACHO standards, CAP accreditation;
- Performing all routine and special technical procedures;
- Managing lab duties, meeting deadlines, and handling day-to-day functioning of lab;
- Handling other duties as assigned.
Desired candidate must possess Histology Technologist certification HT(ASCP) and at least 2 years of experience. Lab case volume is approximately 8,000 per year, so desired candidate must possess excellent time management skills and demonstrate follow through with all assigned tasks and responsibilities. Also, familiarity with CAP accreditation standards and regulations is a plus.
Position includes competitive salary based on experience and benefits package to include health insurance, medical reimbursement plan, vacation time, and 401(k) Profit Sharing plan with employer match.