This is a full time position.
We are looking for an experienced PM professional with the ability to successfully drive projects to completion. The PM's responsibility is to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, while meeting or exceeding stakeholder expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of one or more software projects
- Lead projects in a transparent and productive way, applying standard project management practices:
-Develop the project's key objectives and scope, and communicate them effectively across the project team
-Plan, schedule, and track project deliverables and milestones using Microsoft Project.
-Conduct user acceptance testing
-Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
-Effectively manage project risk and change
- Manage project resources from other geographically dispersed groups, in a matrixed environment, who are fulfilling roles in your projects
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time/on budget and exceeding stakeholders' expectations.
- Communicate formally and informally through existing or new forums to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management
- Serve as the central coordination point for project communication between international offices and domestic departments.
- Extensive experience in managing software development lifecycle.
- 7-10 years related work experience in a company or department with a heavy emphasis on technology
- 4-6 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Must have solid experience with project management software, such as Microsoft Project. Formalized project management training and certifications (PMP) is a big plus.
- Must have strong experience working with offshore teams
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- At least a bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering and/or an MBA degree from reputed University
- Health care industry background is a big plus
- Some account management experience is highly desired
- Software product company experience is a big plus
- Experience in requirement analysis is a big plus
- Prior experience working as tech lead is a big plus
- Is proactive, works hard, and above all else get things done
- Must be customer management and service focused
- Has successfully managed multiple projects in a matrixed environment
- Travel to India and within USA on as needed basis.
hCentive is in the business of simplifying the complex world of health insurance. We provide technology solutions for health insurers, state health insurance agencies and health care technology companies. These solutions help them reduce cost and administrative complexity, while enhancing relationships with their customers. For more information, visit www.hcentive.com.