The Clinical Coordinator position provides support to the clinical department to assist with the execution of clinical studies and maintenance of clinical files. This position also is responsible for Hansen Medical’s clinical laboratories. Follows standard operating procedures and supports the creation and revision of clinical trial and in-house laboratory tools and processes.
- Establishes, maintains, and updates various databases for clinical tracking.
- Maintains clinical operations files and study master files.
- Tracks incoming and outgoing regulatory documents and updates for study sites.
- Prepares materials for various clinical and in-house meetings and may take meeting minutes.
- Responsible for ordering and preparing supplies in coordination with all phases of the clinical studies as well as maintaining the tracking system for and inventories of all study-related supplies.
- Ensures the timely shipment of all study materials (including protocols, study logs, study binders, etc.) and oversees returns and in-house reconciliation.
- May be responsible for extracting/exporting the results of studies, test results and data entry.
- Preparation and submission of preclinical protocols required and maintaining them current.
- Scheduling and ensuring that the in-house laboratories are clean, stocked, and well-organized.
- Ensuring that all laboratory equipment is fully functional and maintained in accordance with required servicing (including a tracking system of the servicing schedule to be maintained current).
- Laboratory Inventory – ordering of required medications and laboratory supplies and proper disposal of expired medications (including a current, documented tracking system for all laboratory medications and inventory).
- Ensuring the proper disposal of hazardous waste.
- Assisting with pre-clinical laboratory work, as needed.
- Routine, scheduled evaluation of the protective lead (with a documented tracking system).
- Actively build relationships with departments and management to create a collaborative environment.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in the health sciences.
- 3-5 years experience in clinical research coordination.
- Proactive, accountable with excellent organizational, project management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities.
Hansen Medical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.