In this role, you will be responsible for Software Configuration Management (SCM), Defect Management, and Requirements Management processes, tools, and day-to-day activities. This position is in the software group, which provides software for the Hansen catheter control robotic systems. The ideal candidate will contribute in both day-to-day operation and process improvements; interact with other groups using great verbal and written communication skills; and be able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Our Configuration/Release engineer is responsible for maintaining the Company’s software configuration management, defect tracking, and requirements management tools. This engineer will take a significant role in improving and supporting Hansen Medical’s SCM, bug tracking tools, software development tools and processes. Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and improving our SCM and Defect Tracking systems
- Supporting and improving our Requirements Management System
- Generating various data reports, including the Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Participating in the evaluation, selection, implementation, and validation of new tools
- User account administration and minor modifications to the tool based on new requirements
- Maintenance of the source control, defect tracking, and requirements tracking databases
- Responsible for build automation, formal builds, and build management
This position is for someone with a desire to work in a “multi-hat” role – development, process improvement, vendor selection, internal customer support engineer. This is a highly visible position that will give the right person the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our infrastructure and processes, while working on a variety of tools and projects.
- BS in Computer Science, or related technical degree
- UNIX and Windows experience and demonstrated skills in writing software tools (using shell scripts, Perl, Python, and task scheduling)
- Solid background in database management with at least 4 years of industry experience in an engineering tools / IT position
- Prior experience developing, maintaining and supporting SCM, defect tracking systems, or other Database driven tools for an engineering organization
- At least five years of related experience in PC, Network, and Server administration
- Willingness to work after hours and be on call as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in medical device industry is a plus
- Experience with development with Microsoft Visual studio or QNX is a plus
Hansen Medical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.