Hansen Medical is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer, Mechanical who will be a key technical resource contributing to all mechanical aspects of manufacturing, sustaining, assembly, test, tooling fixtures, and instructions associated with the manufacturing process for a highly complex electromechanical medical system. This role will be providing technical mechanical and manufacturing engineering support to assembly operators, technicians, manufacturing engineers and test engineers.
- Responsibilities include developing assembly & test process instructions, improving product quality through sustaining projects, and maintaining regulatory compliance
- Review discrepant material (MRB) and communicate with vendors to resolve manufacturing issues and suggest process improvement ideas
- Work actively with key outsourcing partners to meet cost, quality, and delivery goals; may include travel to various suppliers
- Work with Electrical, Manufacturing, Software, and Service engineers to understand the requirements for production, test, and field
- Provide technical feedback on the impact of features in terms of cost and schedules during tradeoff discussions
- Ideal candidate will have a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent; MS is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years experience developing and manufacturing complex electro-mechanical systems or manufacturing fixtures and a minimum of 3 years working with Design Engineering professionals and technicians
- Knowledge and experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and New Product Introduction (NPI) practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must have the ability to accept significant technical responsibilities in a high-growth company
- Machine shop experience and proficiency with SolidWorks are desired
- Recent experience manufacturing mechanical systems for medical products is a plus
Hansen Medical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 17 months ago