Hansen Medical is a global leader in flexible medical robotics. Our innovative technology provides physicians with greater control during complicated procedures and, we believe, has a positive impact on patient outcomes.
Our Senior Clinical Research Associate will have responsibility for developing and implementing the strategy for clinical studies of our new vascular Magellan robot, which is the first such system specifically, designed for peripheral endovascular interventions. In this highly visible and interactive position, the CRA must have excellent analytical, and communication skills as well as anatomy and medical knowledge. Demonstrated experience in the initiation and administration of clinical trials a must. The position is responsible for development of research protocols for multiple centers and travel both nationally and internationally to monitor and coordinate the clinical studies. The position will interact with a global Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Training teams to execute a successful research agenda for the Hansen products.
- Collaborates with interventional physicians to create and implement investigator initiated clinical studies that match the business objectives of the company.
- Participates in interdepartmental product teams to validate and represent clinical research agenda. Members include R&D, Clinical Engineering, Marketing and Corporate Training.
- Drafts, initiates and monitors clinical research protocols for timely success in interventional cardiology and vascular medicine.
- Performs all duties of clinical study administration – protocol maintenance, budgeting, informed consent origination, investigator brochure origination, data collection methods and analysis, routine report generation for investigator meetings, evidence based medicine committee and the FDA.
- Works on problems of diverse clinical and research scope where analysis of data is pivotal to bias control and clinical trial success.
- Problem solves with department colleagues, physician investigators, clinical study committees and core labs to achieve study success and accurate study reporting.
- Supports Marketing, Training and Sales departments in developing clinical education materials.
- Works independently on daily work goals; receives general instructions on new assignments.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in the first 6 months, both domestic and international; then reduced to 25% per project management
- Requires BS; Master’s degree a plus
- RN preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related experience at a senior level in the medical device industry managing clinical research protocols
Hansen Medical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 5 months ago