Our Controls Engineer will contribute at a very senior level to the development of Hansen’s complex tele-robotic systems. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to participate at both the architectural level and at the detail level as a hands-on contributor. The candidate must have the ability to make sound technical decisions, prioritize project deadlines, and follow up with critical items.
- Responsibilities will include the development and maintenance of controls, kinematics, and robotics algorithms
- Additional responsibilities include systems analysis, design, and testing activities at the system level as well as at the component level
- Proven Solid software engineering and programming background, with experience in team application development required
- Medical device experience a strong plus
- Strong Software development experience in C++ and Object Oriented design
- Hands on experience with electro-mechanical system components, including sensors, actuators, signal conditioning and data acquisition electronics
- Hands on experience implementing and debugging real-time systems
- Experience developing electro-mechanical products; preferably robotics
- Experience in mechanical systems dynamic modeling, analysis or synthesis
- Experience with systems modeling and data analysis tools required
- Experience with Matlab a strong plus
- Experience with robotics modeling including 3D transformations, forward and inverse kinematics a plus
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as a background in the product development process
- Strong communications and people skills
- Comfortable working with and seeking optimum solutions with team members in adjacent disciplines of mechanical, electrical and software engineering.
- MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or related field) with 3 or more years of relevant experience, PhD preferred
Hansen Medical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 15 months ago