Our Senior Engineer will contribute at a senior level to the development of Hansen’s complex tele-robotic systems. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to participate at both the architectural level and at the detail level as a hands-on contributor. The candidate must have the ability to make sound technical decisions, prioritize project deadlines, and follow up with critical items.
- Responsibilities will include the development and maintenance of controls, visualization, and/or robotics algorithms.
- Duties will span both technology development (investigation of new technologies and prototyping) and product development (systems analysis, design, documentation, and testing activities).
- Additional responsibilities include systems analysis, design, and testing activities at the system level as well as at the component level
Systems engineers require knowledge from controls, visualization, and robotics. A well-qualified candidate will exhibit strength in one area and some experience in other areas.
o Hands-on experience with integrating electro-mechanical system components, including sensors, actuators, signal conditioning and data acquisition electronics
o Experience in developing electro-mechanical products; preferably robotic applications
o Experience in designing a hard real-time controller for mechanical systems
o Experience with robotics modeling including 3D transformations, forward and inverse kinematics, and Jacobians
o Experience in dynamic modeling, analysis or synthesis of physical systems
o Experience with haptic rendering algorithms
o Experience in OpenGL with advanced rendering technologies such as scene graphs, transparency, or GPU programming
o Experience in 3D user interface programming within WPF and .NET or other touch-screen enabled operating systems
o Experience with computer vision and image processing algorithms
o Experience with physical simulation techniques
- Requires all of one area of technical knowledge above or a strong mix of multiple disciplines
- Solid software engineering and programming background, with experience in team application development required
- Strong Software development experience in C/C++/C#/Java and Object Oriented design
- Hands on experience implementing and debugging complex real-time systems
- Medical device experience a strong plus
- Experience with systems modeling and data analysis tools required; experience with Matlab and Simulink a strong plus
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as a background in both the technology development process and the product development process
- Strong communication and people skills
- Able to plan activities and act as technical lead to explore new technology
- Comfortable working with and seeking optimum solutions with team members in adjacent disciplines of mechanical, electrical and software engineering
- MS in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science (or related field) with 3 or more years of relevant experience, PhD preferred
Hansen Medical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.