ICAST (International Center for Appropriate & Sustainable Technology)
Position Title: Associate Sustainability Marketing Manager
Reports To: President
Location: 777 S. Wadsworth Blvd. 4-205
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
Travel: 10 - 20%
Responsibilities: The Marketing Manager will be responsible for the expansion of ICAST’s domestic and international programs based on researching market data, further development of the outreach plan, creating marketing materials and expanding ICAST’s web and social media presence. At least 3 years previous direct marketing experience is essential.
The position is responsible for the following 4 areas of responsibility:
1. Assessing the market by conducting research; planning the data driven strategic course; present, get approval for and carry out overall marketing plan
Researching market trends
Conducting competitor & customer analysis
Proposing marketing strategies and requirements based on the work above for branding, pricing, collateral, media & outreach campaigns.
2. Outreach - Create effective collateral & presentations based on market research and feedback with an intended result of generating awareness and customer contacts.
Create & update PowerPoint presentation materials.
Write articles, website and media content
Create and update effective collateral - brochures, fliers, posters, coupons
Prepare collateral and advertising for events
3. Websites, newsletters, PR and Social Media campaign
Continual updating of the existing website
Creating or overseeing the creation of new websites.
Find material for, create and send out monthly e-news.
Write PR releases and identify places to send them
Develop, conduct and consistently update social media (facebook, twitter, blog, etc) campaigns
4. Generate Customer leads & lists
Identifying leads through internet searches
Pursuing new markets, new niches
Work with sales people on cold and warm calling campaigns.
We are looking for a seasoned marketing professional who wants to make a difference and do something meaningful for the planet, our local communities and their career. To sum it up, we are looking for a big picture down to the basic details person. This position will perform all aspects of marketing to define, develop, create & continually update marketing/sales initiatives in order to expand ICAST in our existing, as well as new markets, based on data driven market research & strategic planning.
ICAST’s economic development efforts utilize the triple bottom line impact (be socially responsible, environmentally friendly, and economically viable). We strive to provide excellent customer service. ICAST’s energy efficiency led initiative (www.resourcesmart.org) provides turn-key energy, water, and air quality solutions to affordable housing and community nonprofit facilities.
- Strong market research, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to research and execute based on data driven research for new business initiatives
- Ability to translate market findings into a marketing plan including customer analysis, branding, pricing strategies, etc.
- Develop/revise marketing collateral (do or contract/oversee) including, but not limited to, articles, printed brochures, fliers, posters, coupons, social media efforts, website enhancements, new websites, etc.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft applications
- Can-do customer service attitude required toward both clients and employees
- Be a self-starter but willing/able to follow multiple & quick changes in direction
- Multitasking & flexible
- Previous sustainable or renewable energy experience and/or training desirable
- Fluency in French or Arabic desirable
Formal Education: Business Degree and at least 3 years direct marketing experience beyond education and internship level.
Salary: $35K - $50K
Send Resume and Cover Letter that addresses:
A little about yourself.
What interested you in the position and in iCAST?
How you can help iCAST succeed in its mission.
Skills and Experience in:
- Market Research/Strategic Planning
- Creation of Collateral and Presentations
- Website design/update, Social Media and PR Campaigns
- Lead Generation