Senior Software Engineer - LAMP Stack
iD Tech, named a “Top Place to Work” by the Bay Area News Group, operates summer Technology Camps nationwide for students ages 7-18. We focus on courses for the Game Designer, App Programmer, Web Designer, Robotics Engineer, 3D Modeler & Animator, Filmmaker and more in a university setting. iD Tech programs are located at more than 80 prestigious universities nationwide. We also offer on-line learning products.
The iD Tech Main Office, located in Campbell, CA, is looking for a software engineer with 8 years of PHP experience and project leadership skills to join our team. Projects include developing internal tools, internal web portals, high volume customer facing web sites, and integrations with other applications.
The minimum requirements for this exciting opportunity:
- Expert-level skills with PHP5, MySQL / MariaDB, ANSI SQL.
- Strong Object Oriented programming skills and experience with an MVC frameworks such as Symfony , Kohana, CakePHP.
- Expert-level skills with HTML5/CSS3 Responsive design, AJAX, JQuery JSON, and .js Frameworks.
- Mid to Expert-level expertise Experience with Wordpress development and creating Plugins.
- Experience working with a production environment with zero or very minimal downtime.
- Expertise writing efficient SQL queries, optimizations and strong understanding of database concepts.
- Experience with creating and consuming Web Services.
- Experience with Objective-C, Grunt, C#, ASP.NET, LINQ, and T-SQL Stored Procedures is a plus.
- Experience with PaaS solutions, such as AWS, is a plus.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and history.
- Ability to scale and secure large, highly-available, data-driven websites.
- Solid understanding of design decision impacts on SEO.
- Experience in developing next generation Rich Internet Applications (RIAs).
- Dutiful and committed use of version control systems. Experience with Git, Mercurial (Kiln), or other merge based product required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or technical discipline.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Experience managing projects of small to moderate scale (2 - 24 weeks duration) projects including specification, quality assurance, and usage monitoring.
- Experience with project management software is a plus.
- Thorough and detailed practices at planning and organizing tasks. [Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous, competing priorities]
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in all situations.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Continuous delivery, integration, and unit test writing experience.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality, accuracy and integrity of information.
- Desire and ability to back up assertions with facts.
- Ability to test and validate functionality within and between applications, which could include integration, performance, and/or systems testing.
- Ability to work with Agile, Xtreme, or TDD plus Waterfall processes
The qualified candidate will:
- Work with project managers, stakeholders, and testers to shepherd projects from concept to maintenance.
- Assist with creating requirements, technical documentation, project plans, and test documents.
- Be responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered, tested, and deployed solutions.
- Implement or lead others in implementing solutions.
- Design new software products for robustness and scalability.
- Implement responsive and elegant web UIs with AJAX and similar technologies.
- Develop presentation tier elements based on mockups or .PSD files.
- Develop middle tier objects, such as controllers, business logic layers, etc.
- Document software through both detailed source code comments and specifications.
- Participate in and/or lead code review sessions.
- Assist and mentor lower level Web developers.
- Abide by and promote project development standards.
The work we do contributes to the lives of children and helps to build the nation’s talent pool in technical fields. What we do has real meaning. If you are the person we need to join our Software Engineering Team, and you are looking for a position with a family-oriented company that has a casual, engaging environment, please contact us. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume via this job posting.